Author's Chapter Notes:
All mistakes are my own, I own nothing. I pictured Chris Evans, in the role of Alex. So when you'r reading I hope you do as well.
I've revamped this chapter a bit so hope you read it.


Chapter 3 Once it's Broken you Can Never Go Back


One Month after Biloxi Regional Mental Ward Explosion


Patient-001 had somehow managed to hitch hike her way through Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and finally making it to California, figuring this was as far as she could go. Hoping to get lost in Los Angeles it being such a huge city.

Not really having anywhere to go, she sat on the beach waiting for what she didn't really know. But the peace she got from watching the moon and hearing the ocean at her feet was soothing to her rattled nerves.

The last month had been a nightmare. Trying to stay off the radar, and running from one train to another, trying to keep away from people, not really knowing if she was headed away from her captors or closer to them.

There has been a few close calls, and only one casualty early on, she still shivered at the memory. Trying desperately to get out of Texas, she hoped into an empty box car without checking it first, a mistake she’d never make again. Once the train has started moving she’d laid down on the cold hard floor hoping to have a dreamless sleep. No sooner were her eyes closed did she feel the weight and hands of a stranger trying to strangle her. She was so weak and tired that she didn’t have the physical strength to fight back. Her assailant grabbed her hair and turned her over pinning her with his weight.


Even after all this time she could still feel his breath on her neck, and taste the tangy stench that came from him. That’s when she panicked , suddenly her eyes glazed over as she stared in to the mans eyes and concentrated, on what she wasn’t sure, but she pushed out her panic and pushed and pushed everything she was feeling in to his head. Before she knew what she’d done the man was on the ground bleeding from the ears and nose. Not wanting to sick around she jumped from the train and ran.






Alexander Summers at first glace was your average all American boy next door, complete with blue eyes and sandy blond hair. To top of the list he was a champion surfer.

But once you took a closer look you'd know that Mr. Summers was a high tech thief, big corporations were his specialty. More times than not they never even realized they were "relived" of their funds, and when they did, well let's just say that having anyone snoop into these particular activities was not something they wanted.

Stepping out of his Malibu beach home for his nightly run, Alex had no idea his life was about to drastically change.

"Come on Chloe, think you can keep up with me tonight".

The Dalmatian barked back her reply.

Finally off her leash she took off, it seemed Chloe had her own plans for tonight's run.

"Chloe, come back not so fast girl, Chloe come on girl, damn it, Chloe come back".





Meanwhile further down the beach it seemed Chloe made a friend.

"hey there what's your name".

Again the dalmation just barked back at the dark haired beauty.

"Hey that tickles............looks like we're both lost huh".



In the distance " Chloe, come on girl where are you, Chloe".

Running her fingers through the dogs coat " look's like you've been found".


Patient-001 tried to get up and go before the dog's owner could see her, but Chloe had made up her mind. For some reason she decided that this was going to be her new friend, she loved her owner very much, but he needed another friend too. Chloe sunk her teeth on to her jean pant and wouldn't let go.

"hey, let go would ya, come on, I gotta go, please just let go".

Patient-001 was starting to panic and didn't know what to do, she didn't want to hurt the dog, just wanted to get away before the owner came along, that always led to questions to which she really didn't have any answers too. But it seemed that her luck had run out cause he was insight and jogging up on them.

"Hey Chloe, let go right now, right now. Are you alright, I'm really sorry about this. She's not normally like this, in fact I've never had a problem like this, before."

Chloe had become bored with the conversation, and decided that the little crab on the sand was more entertaining at the moment.


"I really am sorry"

"s'okay"

Alex really didn't know what had gotten into his dog, and felt really bad, Finally taking a look at Chloe's victim, by the looks of things she'd seen much better days. Her jeans were ratty and she was wearing a long sleeved top that looked just about at the end of it's life. She really wouldn't look at him in the eye but her long dark hair was matted and had these strange silver streaks. kneeling down, Alex reached out to grab her leg where Chloe had decided to chew on it, only to have her violently pull away almost as if she'd been struck by lightening.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I want to make sure you're okay, she didn't bite you did she".

Trying to reach for her again. this time she spoke, in hopes of just getting away "I'm fine, I have to go".

This time Alex reached for her arm and took a gentle hold on her, she was really frightened now and for the first time Alex caught her gaze. His breath caught in his voice, she was beautiful. Under all the grim and bruises, in the moon light he could make out her eyes were a beautiful green with flecks of grey. They stirred memories inside of a time he'd forgotten about.

Fidgeting under his gaze she broke free of his hold and tried to make a hasty escape, but once again Chloe had taken interest in her new friend and made a go for her, while her owner snapped out of his daydream.

"Wait, please let me help you, I mean the least I can do is let you clean up after my dog almost took off your leg" Alex tried or a light joke.

"I'm fine, I really need to go", but Chloe still wouldn't let her go.

"Come on it would mean a lot to Chloe (who decided that now would be a good time to whine, and beg),....... plus I have plenty of dinner that's nice and warm, it's the least I could do".

At the mention of food patient-001 couldn't resist, she couldn't remember the last time she had something to eat".

Alex knew he had her once he mentioned the food, not wanting to give her a chance to over think it, he stuck out his hand "my name is Alex Summers, what's your's"

Patient-001, looked off to the distance and for what seemed like an endless pause you could only hear the ocean lapping at the shore, turning back to Alex she took a deep breath, taking a giant leap she said the only think she could think of.



"I don't know"



Chapter End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed this chapter I know where I'm going with this and we will be hearing from Logan but not for a few chapters