Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took so long to post this but I finally decided where I wanted to go with this story, I had written about 5 chapters before I decided to take the story in a completely diferent direction.


Chapter 2 Can you Wake up, and do you even Want to?


Time meant nothing here it was just a big lot of white, some times it was cold white, sometimes it was burning white, but still just white. It was like floating in river of milk. It was like drowning in my own head, they had managed to even take away my memories, it was all gone.


“Doctor, are you sure about this”

“No, but there really isn’t a choice she’ll either wake up to her full potential or crash from the likely aneurysm. I wish it hadn’t of come to this but, there isn’t anything else, we can do”.

Making a few notes on the chart, Dr. West, injected Patient- 001, with the experimental drug, praying for what he didn’t know. If he managed to bring her out of her current catatonic state, and bringing her to her full potential as the perfect mutant, there would only be more testing and prodding on behalf of his employers. And if this didn’t work she would be brain dead for the rest of her life, if it didn’t kill her first.

He wasn’t sure there was an upside to this situation at all, he almost wanted to end it himself. God knew he’d tired before, and that had cost him an eye, very slowly and painfully. They were always watching, he’d learned that the hard way. The day they took his wife and beat her within a inch of her life, the day that he had injected patient -001 with a dose of potassium that should have killed her but didn’t. That was the day they came for him and took a hot spoon digging out his eye. He hadn’t tired anything since.

He’d pleaded with them, trying to get them to see reason, that the drug was too unstable. The few tests involving humans has been fatal. Of course they persuaded him using his family like they always did.

Holding his breath he knew that this would work quickly one way or another, at first vitals were fine, then they started to rapidly spike, the machines were beeping like crazy, and patient 001 started seizing and blood was pouring from her nose.

Just then a huge explosion rocked the building, shaking the very foundation of the room knocking the Doctor and the staff in the room to the ground.

There was shouting and screaming every one trying to run for cover, there was so much chaos that no one noticed the eyes that blinked open for the first time in months.

The personal in the room started running for their lives, as the smoke was filing in from the east end of the building. Turing back Dr. West noticed his patient scanning the room desperately.

“Oh my god, it worked”.

Not even thinking about what he was doing he unstrapped her, and said the only thing he could.

“run…… run and don’t look back they‘ll look for you. They’ll be watching so don’t go back where you came from”.

Patient-001 just stared at him, eyes darting back and forth not ready to believe anything he was saying.

Dr. West, knew there wasn’t much time he pulled out the little cash that was in his pocket and took her hand in his, there were tears in his eyes.

“I’m sorry for everything, now run”

With that the Dr. took off running, hoping that she’d make it, and that it hadn’t cost him his life or that of the ones that he loved.