Story Notes:
I've had this plot bunny bouncing around now for a while. I've wanted to do a darker story, but never really thought I should write anything. However, I've decided that I like having the option of bouncing from one story to the other, that way there I don't get bored.

Well I hope you enjoy and I hope that you can catch some of the references I make towards the comic stuff.

Please Review, I wuv that!

Warning : Not Beta Read. This story is very dark. Contains graphic violence, partial nudity, sexual content, coarse language. Viewer/reader discretion is Advised.

Disclaimer : Most of the Characters belong to Marvel
Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: So I've decide to do a more dark story this time. So you will see mostly comic references (if you are a fan of the comics) But most of this stuff is AU

Warning : This will be very dark. You have been warned. Also, not beta read!
A voice rings out over an intercom in the back of a metal transport truck. "Entering Block 5. Level C with 24 units."

It's dark, the group of people inside this vehicle are unable to see anything. However, they know that they are not alone. The truck passes over a bump and the group is rocked against each other. Someone begins speaking in a low whisper. "Anyone know where we are? Or what's going on?"

Silence. Then another voice, this one most definitely female. "Ah don't know where we are. The one thing Ah do know is that my mutant powers are not working."

Confused, the first voice speaks again. "How do you know that?"

"Because, if they were, yah wouldn't be talking sugah." An inhale of breath is heard. "With the amount of clothing Ah seem to be lacking, you should all be either really hurt...or dead."

A young male voice joins the conversation. "So I'm not the only mutant here then. I don't know if I should be relieved or..."

"Ah'm thinking OR hunny."

The truck comes to a halt. The air brakes let out a loud hiss. The engine dies down and is then turned off. The voice is heard again. "Securing gates to Level C." The double doors to the back of the metal truck open and bright light floods in. The group of mutants shield their eyes with their bound hands.

Men dressed in black armor form a line of six to either side of the vehicle. Each of these soldiers have the same get up. Black helmets and visors, black military issued uniforms and what seems to be a new form of night stick.

The voice is heard again. "Units step out from the transport. Form two lines by gender."

One by one the mutants step out onto the pavement. All bear feet, in medical robes and bound at the wrists. The floor is cold, the air is stale and the light is blinding.

A man in a medical coat stares at the units before him. He sighs loudly, adjusts his white tie, wipes his glasses on some fabric from his pocket and then begins making his way down the first row of mutants with an electric data pad. One by one he places their left hand on his data pad and reads out the name he's provide with on the screen. A thin metal bracelet is printed out from the device, he hands it to his assistant who fastens it around the subjects wrist.

After he's done he faces the newly arrived units. "Now, as long as you cooperate, we will have no problems. Failure to cooperate will only lead to sever punishment and harsh treatment." He removes his glasses and pockets them. "You are here on this level because you are considered either highly rare among your species, very dangerous or extreamly valuable." He clasps his hands behind his back. "However, this doesn't mean that we would have a problem with terminating your existence."

The doctor begins walking down the line of subjects. "There are three levels of punishment. After each level you do have the chance of redemption by performing certain tasks, or by remaining on good behaviour status for a period of time. However, with each level the tasks become harder to complete and the time length to acheive in order to receive redemption becomes extremely long. If you manage to redeem yourself, you will start once more at level one."

He eyes the group once more to make sure he has their full attention. "First level punishment, solitude for one week with only one meal a day. Second level punishment, two week period of attitude rehabilitation center, one meal a day and electric lashings . Third level punishment, one month in duration, one meal a week, attitude rehabilitation, solitude confinement, electric lashings and water treatments."

All eyes are on him and he knows it. He can feel the questions they have burning in their minds. He waits, no one says or asks anything, they all know that answers are not going to be given. The doctor pulls out his glasses and places them back at the bridge of his nose.

"Now, if none of that somehow manages to teach you a lesson, termination. Plain and simple." A smirk plays across his face. "Good, I'm glad we all understand. Now please this way."

The double line of mutants follow a set of guards with another set close behind. The double metal doors to the building slide open and they all continue forward. The hall seems to be never ending, until another set of doors is seen.

The doctor stands in front of a security scanner."Doctor A. Howard." The doors lift open. "This way please." The group continues to follow Doctor Howard and the guards down another set of corridors.

He reaches a cell and calls out a name, a female mutant comes forward he gives her instructions, removes her bindings points her to an assessment room where a set of guards follow close behind. This goes on for all twenty four units. Then he finally reaches the last name on his list.

"Rogue." He glances over the brim of his glasses at her. "Lift your wrists."

She does as she's told and he removes her shackles. He can see the questioning look in her eyes.

"That there..." He taps the metal wrapped around her left wrist with his pen. "That my dear is what prevents you from escaping. If you leave these grounds, it will send a surge through your body that will paralyze you. We'll just drag you back. And yes, it's indestructible."

Unintentionally, she swallows hard. "But what...what did y'all do to have my powers deactivated?"

"That is one of the many secrets of Genoshia my dear." The wrinkles near the edge of his eyes become deeper as he smiles at her. "Now, the guards will provide you with a list of your duties at the end of this week, along with your lab schedule. Failure to ..."

"Ah know, ah know. Three levels of punishment." She rests her hands on her hips, seemingly unimpressed.

Again, he finds himself smiling at her spunk. "Yes." He clears his throat and scans his data pad. "Now, every unit has a cellmate. Yours will be a little familiar."

Thank God some good news. What an odd thing to think in her situation. She can't help it, after everything that has happened, a familiar face is a welcomed surprise.

"Wolverine." Again he scrolls through the data pad. "Although you may think us heartless..."

"Yes." She answers sternly.

"We do understand that living with someone in unfamiliar conditions, whom you are already associated with tend to make the stay more bearable." The doctor takes a step forward. "I would like to make you privy to some information on your friend."

Rogue stares at her captive attentively. "Alright."

"He's manage to reach level three punishment twice already. I do hope that having some companionship would calm him down."

"I'll see what I can do." She hopes that Howard takes this as a sign of cooperation and not her true intention, to keep her friend out of harms way.

"Perfect." He gestures to her assessment room. "Now I would like you to follow those two men, they will provide you with standard issue clothing, blankets and your first ration for the day. Also, they are going to do a standard medical evaluation."

Feeling nervous the young woman stares at the two men. "What's involved in it?"

Actually feeling some kind of empathy for the girl, the doctor leads her towards the guards. "Just some blood, hair and skin samples. Painless, I assure. As well as a full body ex-ray. I will be along at the end of the day to take your blood pressure and a quick eye exam."

Rogue nods and uneasily heads for the room. The doctor notices from the corner of his eye that the guards give her a quick up and down glance and then a quick glance back to one another. Thinking nothing of it, he continues with the rest of his duties for the day.
Chapter End Notes:
Please Remember To Review!