Author's Chapter Notes:
I realized last night that in a Wolverine Rogue fan site I am creating story without much involvement from them. So here's some Logan/Rogue goodness. Its in the middle section and it fits very nicely with the storyline. Enjoy!
BTW this story is not beta'd so there are prolly mistakes. Sorry!
"Jean if you don't back up right now and let me in I swear to the gods I will suck the air outta that empty head of yours." Donella snapped.

She was glaring up at the much taller woman who was blocking the door to the Infirmary. It had been three months since they had retrieved Xavier from the FoH compound and nothing had improved. He was still catatonic. There was also a higher than normal level of tension among the mutants who made up Haven's leaders. Everyone was waiting for the other shoe to drop. Jean glared down at Donella, it was obvious Donella hadn't gotten much sleep, there were dark smudges under her blue eyes and her hair was tangled. "You were up all night again with him weren't you?"

"Yes I was Jean. Not that its any of your business. Then I went to the early meeting, which you missed by the way." Donella snapped angrily.

Jean shrugged dismissively. "I wasn't needed. You've seen to that."

Donella stared at her then started laughing. That made Jeans temper rise and a syringe behind her rattled until she got her temper under control. "Its time to get over it Jean." Donella said finally.

"Get over what?" Jean asked frostily.

"Get over being pissed off that Charles left me in charge. Get over acting like a twelve year old who's been told that she still needs a baby sitter. You're acting like a child. That's why you aren't invited to policy meetings. You act up and raise pointless objections just to make things difficult." Donella pointed a finger at Jean and Jean almost flinched.

"I do not raise pointless objections and I am not acting like a child." Jean objected angrily.

"Whatever you say princess. You can take it up with Charles when he wakes up. Now, let me by please." Donella stepped forward and tried to pass Jean.

Jean put an arm out to stop her. "I was given medical autonomy in that bogus letter you produced when the Professor went missing. And false or not I am enforcing my authority in the infirmary. I'm not letting you in here."

"And why not precisely?" Donella asked raising an eyebrow.

"It's not healthy for either of you right now. You haven't slept in days and your presence obviously isn't helping him or he'd be awake by now." Jean studied Donella's face hoping to see something. She knew better than to try to read Donella's mind, the last time she'd tried she'd had a splitting headache for days.

Donella didn't react, she just nodded calmly. "Very well. I'll go get some sleep. I will be back to see him later Jean and make no mistake, I'll go right through you if I have to to visit him." She turned and walked away her bearing disguising the deep hurt she felt.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logan leaned against the wall just around the corner and thought about what he'd just seen. He chewed thoughtfully on his cigar. Donella had changed a lot since she'd hooked up with the professor. She'd have decked Jean six and a half years ago. He had smelt the spike of pain in Donella when Jean had turned her away using words carefully chosen to hurt. Part of him wanted to strike out at Jean for deliberately trying to hurt Donella but he knew Donella wouldn't appreciate having her battles fought for her. Rogue came up along side him. "Did Ah just hear what I think Ah heard?" She asked softly.

"Yeah darlin' ya did." He replied heavily.

"Well aren't we gonna do somethin'?" She asked.

"Yeah, we're gonna keep our eyes on the situation and wait till the Professor wakes up. Then we'll give him a full accountin.'" Logan wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her close to him.

She snuggled in close to him. He kissed the top of her head. "So you gonna go in there and ask Jeannie for a pregnancy test or what darlin'?"

She pulled back sharply. "How'd you know that's what Ah was down here for?"

He tapped the side of his nose. "You shoulda jus' asked me Darlin'. I could tell ya right away."

"And ya didn't think to tell me when ya started smellin' it?" She pushed his shoulder lightly but she was smiling.

"Women like to find out on there own. Don't know why. And its hard as hell to keep it to myself when I can smell you and Storm. Good news should be shared." He grinned when she stared at him in shock.

"Storm?" She squeaked.

He nodded. "Yeah, Stormy's pregnant too. 'Bout time too. Hank's been tryin' hard enough to get her in the family way."

Rogue giggled for a moment then sobered. "I don't know why we're so giddy over it. We're bringing new life into this hateful world. Doesn't seem fair to the poor kid who's gonna have to deal with all that hostility."

Logan turned her around and pulled her to him so he could stroke her belly while he held her. "Because darlin, it ain't always gonna be this way. Kids mean hope is still alive. Besides, we're safe here in Haven. Even with the FoH hunting us and all. And there ain't a mutant alive here that won't move heaven and earth to keep the kids safe."

Rogue leaned back and enjoyed the solid warmth of him for a long moment before pulling away. "Then I guess I need to go tell Jean I'm pregnant and need a check up."

He kissed her and watched her walk into the infirmary before turning towards the lower levels.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donella sat on the couch in her apartment not even bothering to wipe at the tears slipping down her cheeks. She had an open locket in her hand. The smoldering green eyes and wicked smile of her late husband stared up at her across from the more saccharine visage of Charles Xavier who gazed at her from the photo with wise understanding eyes. Her late husband and the man she desperately wanted to marry side by side, and completely out of her grasp. She was startled by a knock at the door. She closed the locket and stuffed it in her pocket with one hand while she wiped at her face with the other. "Who is it?" She asked.

"Logan."

She swore silently. Of all the people she didn't want to see her like this he was at the top of the list. He'd know in a second she'd been crying. "Is it important? I'm getting ready to take a nap."

"Bullshit." He replied and opened the door. She cursed herself for forgetting to lock it. Though in Haven locked doors were uncommon. No one was going to steal from each other in Haven.

She backed up and turned away from him heading into the kitchen to fix herself some tea. "What is it Logan?"

"I overheard your conversation with Jean." He replied.

"It's not a conversation with that woman. It generally degenerates into name calling after the first few sentences." She replied with a snort.

"I guess I don't have to tell ya she's just trying to get under yer skin."

Donella put the kettle on the stove but didn't bother turning it on. "I know." She replied softly.

"But it still hurts." He stated simply.

She tried to muster up a glare but her heart wasn't in it. He reached out and pulled her in for a hug. She tried to pull away but after a moment gave in and just let him hug her. "He's right there and I can't reach him." She said.

Logan didn't say anything. It occurred to him that in the six years since Xavier had gone missing she'd never taken another lover. "Is this the first time anyone's held you in six years?" He asked and was surprised at himself for asking that.

It shocked him even more when she nodded. "I've gotten hugs but any time I went looking for sex I'd see him in my mind and I just couldn't. Not knowing he was alive somewhere. Its not like with Julien. I knew for sure Julien was dead."

He tilted her face up and looked her in the eye. "You'll get him back Donella."

"I wish I could be so sure." She replied evenly and the touching moment was over. He let her go and she wiped her eyes.

"Well I'll be sure enough for the both of us." She smiled a little when he said that.

"So whats new for you?" She asked finally turning the kettle on and taking a cup from the rack. "It's been a while since we just talked."

She fished in her fridge until she came up with a beer and he cracked the top. "Rogues pregnant. So's Storm but Storm hasn't said anything yet."

Donella smiled. "Babies. That'll be just the thing to get everyone moving in Haven."

Logan chuckled. "Oh yeah. Rogue and Storm will never want for sitters. Truth be told I'm surprised we haven't had more in six years."

Donella shrugged. "Everyone's afraid to bring a baby into a world where they'll be hated. Makes them more cautious."

"Well you might want to start making plans for more babies cause once Storm and Rogue come out with theirs everyone else is gonna ant to start havin' 'em."

Donella got a slightly horrified look. "We have over six hundred people living in Haven. If the two hundred plus couples start having babies that means upwards of two hundred new people. We're gonna have to start expanding Haven."

Logan chuckled and sipped his beer. Nothing like a puzzle to get Donella's mind of depressing subjects.
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review!!