Author's Chapter Notes:
More Logan/Rogue. Hope you enjoy.
Getting into Derek Gordon's home was easier than Logan and Rogue expected. Which quite naturally made them very suspicious. The guards were easily dealt with. Rogue had brought along a canister of chloroform gas which she sprayed into the faces of her opponents. Donella had asked that they keep the actual bloodshed to a minimum. They infiltrated the huge house with the help of the blueprints provided by Kitty and were working their way to the center of the house where Derek Gordon's private office resided. The layers of Security were getting pretty heavy. Twice Logan had to use his claws to silence an alarm before it had had chance to even chirp. When they finally got to Derek's office they were both wound pretty tight with suspicion. They hadn't figured it would be quite this easy and the constant grating on their nerves was wearing on them. Logan sliced through the lock on the office door and they slipped into the darkened office. The first thing Rogue did was flip on the lights. They relaxed a little when it became obvious the room was empty. She looked at the door and raised an eyebrow.

"Donella said make it obvious. It ain't like we're tryin' to hide that we were here darlin'." Logan replied. "We're just tryin' not to get caught."

He stayed near the door while Rogue started going through the desk. She switched on the computer and let it go through it's start up phase while she rifled through files and papers. She grabbed anything that looked useful but Donella had warned that once the FoH knew they'd been there they would probably change all their plans, passwords and even their locations. The computer beeped and Donella sat down in the chair. She was asked to give a password and She confidently typed in the Password Kitty had given her. "And in." She commented as she started opening files.

She opened the email program and started emailing files to Kitty. As soon as the email was sent she deleted the files. Once she'd done as much damage to the existing files as she could she pulled a diskette out of her pocket and uploaded a nasty virus. It would lay dormant in the computer until a certain amount of file space had been filed then it would start up and fry the files, devastating whatever information was stored on that computer. "Darlin', you almost done? There's about ten people hangin' around outside the door. I think they know we're here."

"Wonder what they're waitin' fer?" Rogue asked rhetorically. She knew they were waiting for orders from Derek.

She pulled the disk out of the computer and stuffed it back into her pocket. She started tossing papers around generally making a mess. Logan nodded approvingly. She then moved to the bookcase and started rifling through it looking for empty books and hidden spaces. A few moments later the door opened and Derek himself walked in. Rogue peered at him carefully until she saw the small star shaped scar next to his left eye that Donella had told them about. She nodded to Logan.

He looked around at his wreaked office and sighed. "And you wonder why people believe Mutants are scum." He commented.

He waved a hand at the door and Logan and Rogue could hear the militants and guards scattering. "Not gonna try to catch us?" Rogue asked cheekily.

"I haven't got a facility to keep you in at the moment." Derek replied smoothly.

"And one will never be built." Logan ground out.

"We'll see." Derek replied glancing around at the chaos. "You do know that nothing you've gleaned here will be of any value come the morning. I suppose you do or you wouldn't have made such a mess. Tell me did my sister tell you that or did you actually manage to work it out for yourselves?"

Rogue bristled but calmed a little when Logan put a hand on her shoulder. He was too used to people implying that he was too stupid to understand something to let it bother him anymore. "Yer sister told us but I'm sure we coulda worked it out fer ourselves."

Derek settled in his chair and steepled his fingers. "so perhaps you can explain to me why you haven't killed me yet?"

Rogue shrugged. "Donella doesn't want you dead. She'd rather just leave you alone and be left alone by you. Frankly that's all mutants want."

Derek snorted. "As I recall there were quite a few who didn't have quite that kind of pacifistic attitude."

"And there are quite a few humans who thought the Jews were inferior but they were wrong too." Logan replied. "Yes, I used a historical analogy. Don't have a heart attack."

Derek snorted. "It doesn't matter in any case. I'll find Haven and I'll destroy it and the mutants who reside there. Save my sister of course. I have plans for her."

Rogue made a disgusted face and Derek's face darkened angrily. "Not that kind of plan you disgusting creature! I'm going to make her pay for what she did to me."

Logan and Rogue glanced at each other and Derek started laughing. "You don't know do you? My saintly sister didn't tell you her secret past." His voice was heavy with sarcasm. "I'm not surprised. Nasty little thing that she is."

Rogue shrugged. "We know she had a heroine habit, and that she had a husband who died of cancer, anything else is just filler."

Derek surged to his feet his eyes alight with rage and something more insane. "Just filler? That evil creature killed my fiance with her unnatural powers. Sucked the life from her then ran away. She destroyed my family, bankrupted my parents and destroyed the one person in my life who made any sense. And now she's surrounded by people who love her, who protect her, who adore her. Not for long. I'll see her broken before me!"

Logan and Rogue were shocked at the pure rage and its undercurrent of madness coming from Derek. He slowly calmed and sat back down. Logan spoke first. "An accident doesn't change who she is."

"No but secrets do." Derek said smugly.

Rogue stripped her gloves off and tucked them into a pocket. "Ah've had just about enough of this little chat. Ya have a choice Derek. Ya can call off yer attack team searching for Haven or Ah can drain the life from you and use what ya know to call them off mahself."

He laughed at her. "Stupid thing. You won't kill me because my sister doesn't want me dead. And my being dead won't help you any because even with my knowledge you still wouldn't be able to call the team off. They've been given orders to destroy Haven regardless of any further orders from me. And we really are getting worryingly close to you're precious Haven."

He picked up a tiny remote and clicked a button. An overhead projector popped up a map of British Columbia on the far wall inside a grid. Half the grid squares were crossed through indicating that they'd already been searched. The attack team was really getting frighteningly close to Haven. He shut the projector off and grinned nastily at Logan and Rogue. "Go on. Run run run back to Haven. It won't help."

Rogue slid her gloves back on. "Even if they do find Haven they won't win." She replied calmly. She surged forward suddenly and delivered a staggering blow to Dereks head. The chair toppled backward and She stood over him with a contemptuous look on her face. "Yer a nasty man with a grudge. People like you don't win."

He scrambled to his feet and glared at her. "This isn't a movie. And you aren't the good guys. Now get out of my home before I change my mind about trying to keep you."

Logan and Rogue left the building but instead of returning to the truck they detoured to a tiny airport and boarded the small plane that sat waiting on the tarmac. Rogue nodded to the pilot and they took off.
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review!!!