Story Notes:
Got my inspiration from Marilyn Manson's Cryptorchild.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Text in italics represents past happenings.
I saw what was happening and did nothing. It wasn’t my place or time to stop it. Xavier, Summers, Grey and others… They sat around and made big speeches about how we should do something, yet they did nothing. They can suck my hairy balls, for all I care. They all saw it happening but were too afraid to stop it. Now it’s too late, and it’s up to me to pick up the pieces. Or so they say. Fuck it. It’s not my problem. They took us in. They offered us shelter. They raised her, honed her skills to perfection. And now… She went rogue and they want me to do her in.

They can suck my hairy balls.

“How’s it going, kid?”
“Just fine, I guess…”
“Bored? Somebody giving you a hard time?”
“No. I’m just bored. And I hate math.”


She was your everyday brat. All cocky and attitude with her friends, a bit awkward and gawky alone. Of course that was the case before Xavier’s extracurricular activities. He asked me to train her. It was for her advantage, of course. Anything to help her cope with this world. Anything to help her to cope with her ‘gift’. And she was a quick learner. After I was through with her it was Scott’s turn to mentor her. Then Jean. Ororo after her. Professor Xavier. Rest of the staff. After that few and select students with appropriate ‘gifts’. Jean did her best to keep everything civil, but there were times when things got out of hands. Accidents do happen even for the best and brightest of us. And even then they knew. Saw it. Talked about it, then buried it quickly. ‘Accidents’ were written off as ones, funerals were dealt swiftly and notifications to families were sent and a new trainer was selected before the flowers on the grave had wilted.

“I’m tired.”
“Maybe we should take a break?”
“Like a… Vacation?”
“Yeah.”
“A trip to Disneyland won’t fix anything, Logan.”


They built almost perfect weapon out of her, then let her loose. Now that there’s nothing left for her to destroy, she’s going to return to home base. And she’s not after some milk and cookies. I’m not as sure as hell going to stick around. Xavier&Co. can sort this out, or die while trying.

“What the hell are you doing?”
“Nothing.”
“I wouldn’t call that ‘nothing’, kiddo. Let go of him.”
“Fine. Wasn’t funny, anyway…”
“Hurting other people should be funny?”
“Professor Xavier said that I should practice on my own.”
“I’m sure that this wasn’t his idea of practice.”
“And how would you know anything about me and my training? You haven’t been around since your shift with me ended.”


She’s almost perfect. They forgot only one thing. There’s no off-switch.