Author's Chapter Notes:
Lyrics are from the song "Not Me, Not I" by Delta Goodrem.
Thank you, Moviemom44, for pointing out the HUGE ERROR in a previous post of this chapter. I hereby dedicate this chapter to you!
I was mistaken. It was a Blooperbunny but thanks to him, Backbone Bunny was released from his cage because all the AngstBunnies were to busy laughing at me for my stupid error. I feel so ashamed...
Anyhow, this is the right chapter. I hope... See any mistakes in continuity, please let me know. I don't wanna make a fool out of myself again!
"As a new door opens
we close the ones behind
And if you search your soul
I know you'll find
You never really knew me"
Not Me, Not I - Delta Goodrem




"Does your boyfriend know you're pregnant?"

I blinked. And blinked again. Was he joking? His face was serious and his eyes demanded an explenation. No jokes here. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe him.

"I don't have a boyfriend."
"You mean, he left you when he found out you were pregnant?"
His eyes were blazing with fury now and his hands tightly gripped the handle resting over my belly, turning his knuckles white.
"I mean, I don't have a boyfriend. No one left me."
Logan looked even more upset.
"You got pregnant from a one-night-stand?!"
Logan nearly roared. He smashed the handle in his anger and the image of our baby on the monitor disappeared. I jumped of the stretcher, anger clouding my vision.
"No!"

I was now yelling too. The door behind us opened and Hank stood in the doorway. We didn't noticed him but just kept yelling at each other.

"Do you even know who the father is?"
"Yes, I do! And I didn't have a one-night-stand! There has only been one person who fucked me!"
"Who was it, Marie? I'm gonna gut him for doing this to you!"
"You did, Logan. You fucked me!"
His anger faded immediately and his face paled. His eyes searching my face for any sign of a lie.
"It can't be. That's impossible."
His voice a mere whisper now. I, on the other hand, kept screaming at him.
"It is possible. I'm carrying the living proof of it."
"You're lying, Marie. I never slept with you. I can't be the father."
I closed my eyes in frustration. How could he be so thickheaded?
"Yes, you are! You fucked me the night Scott Summers died. Remember him? Whose WIFE we just buried?"

Logan suddenly pulled me forward, bringing my body flush against his. My bare belly pressing against his flannel shirt, my breasts crushed against his chest. Logan had a deathgrip on my wrists and pulled my face close to his.

"Don't you dare talk about her like that," he hissed. His eyes were nearly black with anger.
"You came to me that night when Jean Grey-Summers wanted a child of her husband. You fucked me that night. And then he died and you didn't needed to pretend I was her because you had finally had the real thing! You replaced me."
What I said was true. He had replaced me. I was replacable. The anger in his face turned into by pain and hurt. His hands slid from my wrists to my face to cup my cheeks.
"I could never replace you, Marie."
I pulled my face away from his hands.
"But you did. You replaced me the minute Jean jumped into your bed."
Logan shook his head softly.
"Marie, It's not what you think."
"I don't care what you think. I know what happened. Jean chose Scott and you couldn't handle that so you came to me. And because you couldn't get what you really wanted, you took the second best thing you could get."
"You were never second best."
He tried to take my hands but I ripped them from his grip. I closed my eyes and sighed.
"Just leave, Logan. I don't wanna hear it. I don't care! Just go."

His face full of regret and his eyes a plea of understanding but I didn't care. I turned my back on him and with a tissue, I wiped the gel from my belly. I heard Logan's footsteps as he slowly retreated and walked out of the room. I pulled my shirt down, retrieved my jacket and walked to the door, where a still silent Hank stood. I paused as I walked by him.

"Thanks, Hank. And sorry about the machine."
Hank smiled carefully.
"The door is always open, Rogue."
I smiled a smile that didn't reach my eyes and walked away, leaving a stunned Hank behind to process the information he just received.
Chapter End Notes:
Expect a new chapter tomorrow or If you're really lucky, tonight.
Kudos to everyone who reviewed and/or read this story!