Author's Chapter Notes:
Lyrics are from the song "Little Lion Man" by Mumford and Sons.
I have no medical knowledge but for the sake of this story, let's pretend I do.
AngstBunny and DramaBunny were fighting over this chapter so that's were this chapter came from. I gave them a carrot and they're now nibbling in their boxes.
To everybody who read this story and reviewed: Thank you for the 51 reviews and 1726 hits!!
As promised, here is the next chapter! Enjoy!
"But it was not your fault but mine
and it was your heart on the line
I really fucked it up this time
didn't I, my dear?"
Little Lion Man - Mumford & Sons




Logan was nowhere near seen when the funeral started. I was glad. I couldn’t face him yet. Everyone else was there. Charles, looking older then I had ever seen him. Kitty, holding onto Piotr’s massive frame. Jubilee, hands folded neatly in her lap. Bobby and St. John, sitting next to each other. No physical contact but they were closer then ever. Ororo, holding Hank’s hand in hers, her ring reflecting the sunlight.

No clouds in the sky. The weather, and the Goddess that controlled it, ignoring that it was almost December. The sun shining on the two marble stones that stood side by side. Husband and Wife. Apart but now together.

Charles rolled his wheelchair in front of the crowd. Speaking of how great a student Jean had been, how kind a person she had been, how she would be greatly missed. I wringed my hands in my lap, my black jacket hiding my belly. The belly were the child grew of Jean Grey’s last lover and the kid Jean always told her I was.

I tried to focus her attention back on the man that took me into his home years ago. I was no longer a child but in the presence of all her former classmates and most of her teachers, I felt like one again. Like that time we raided the alcohol cabinet and got drunk on top of the roof. Or like that time we were caught putting condoms on bananas.

People were moving around me. The funeral was over. Kitty and Jubilee came over to me and took turns in hugging me. I leaned a bit backward so my belly wouldn’t pressed into them. I wasn’t ready for all the questions. Only two people knew and for now, I was planning on keeping it that way.

I recognized a couple of people as they passed me by. Little Artie, who wasn’t so little anymore. Jones, glasses replaced by contacts. Autumn, her once short hair now long and floating in the wind, her power to influence the seasons slightly showing. And many others.

I sat back on my chair for a few moments, collecting my thoughts. I needed to be alone for a while. Slowly, everybody disappeared inside. No one came to get me, leaving me alone in the now empty garden.

I should probably visit Hank, getting a check-up on the baby. On my son. I stroked my belly slightly. I hadn’t seen a doctor since I got pregnant but I had a feeling I was going to have a son. I dreamed about him. A little boy with hazel eyes and black hair. Energetic and cheerful. Happy.

I sighed and stood up. Giving Jean and Scott one last look, I turned around and stared straight into the hazel eyes of my son’s father. His face showing no emotion but his eyes betrayed his pain. Almost like he knew his father was there, I felt another flutter in my belly. His eyes immediately dropped to my stomach.

Little traitor. Whenever I was alone, the baby didn’t do anything. And now Logan was there, he decided to make his presence known.

“You should probably see Hank,” he said, not taking my eyes of my belly.

I nodded. Logan nodded as well, waiting for me to make a move. I stepped past him, not meeting his gaze and started to walk to the Mansion. When I dared to look around, he was gone. Typical.



I found Hank in the medlab. Shocker. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hank insisted on having his wedding down here so he could continue to work during when Ororo said her vow. I smiled. Hank had two great loves in his life, Ororo and science. I wasn’t sure which one he loved more.

Hank looked up from his project when he noticed my presence and smiled at me. He had shrugged his jacket off and was only in black trousers and white blouse which collared nicely with his blue fur.

“My dear Rogue, how are you doing?” he asked me, while motioning me to take a seat.
“I would like you to do some check-ups on the baby, if possible.”

His smile widened even more and he motioned me to follow him. He took me to one of the smaller rooms and informed me he was going to get his instruments. I sat down on the stretcher, my back to the door, and took off my jacket, revealing my white blouse. The stain of Logan’s tears had dried up.

I heard the door open en close behind me and turned around, expecting to see Hank. It was Logan. He hadn’t bothered with neat clothes. Wearing his usual jeans and flannel shirt, he stood in front of the door. Hands in his pockets, leaning at the door and staring at the ground.

He looked like he was about to say something when the door rattled behind his back. He stepped aside and let Hank in. If Hank was surprised to see Logan, he didn’t show it. He simply greeted him and Logan grunted something back. Hank pushed a cart with some medical equipment on it I vaguely recognized and sat down on a chair near me. He asked me to lie down and unbutton my shirt. Logan inched forward.

I unbuttoned my shirt, revealing the small bump and I saw Logan’s eyes widen slightly. Hank warned me the gel might be a little cold. I only flinched a little when the cold fluid hit my belly. Hank spread the gel, moved the handle over my stomach and a moment later, I was able to see my baby for the first time.

I felt the tears burn behind my eyes but I didn’t let them escape. I could see my baby. I could see my son. My baby had never been more real until I could actually see his little heart beating on the monitor.

Logan had moved to stand behind Hank and was now staring at the monitor. His eyes scanning the baby’s body on the monitor, memorizing the picture. Hank fumbled at the monitor and suddenly, the baby’s heartbeat filled the small room. A tear escaped and trailed down my cheek.

“Would you like to know the sex?” Hank asked, his voice down as if he was afraid to disturb the baby if he spoke too loud.
“Yes,” Logan whispered, his eyes never leaving the monitor.

Hank moved the handle a little and my baby’s imaged on the monitor changed. Hank leaned close to the monitor. He pointed at something on the monitor and smiled at me.

“Congratulations, it’s a boy.”

I just nodded. I couldn’t trust my voice. I had been right. A little boy. I was going to have a little boy. Logan swallowed hard and I could see tears shimmering in his eyes. Hank stood up and muttered something to Logan, who nodded, his eyes never leaving the monitor. Logan’s hand replaced Hank’s and Hank left the room, discretely closing the door, giving us some privacy. I never noticed. I followed the movements of my baby as he moved a little in my belly.

Logan took Hank’s place and together we watched our son on the screen. His hand keeping the handle in place, his arm resting lightly on my belly. We almost looked like any other couple. Except we weren’t. Logan’s slight movement alerted me that something was wrong. I ripped my gaze from our son and looked at him. His eyes full of pain and anger. His next question shocked me.

“Does your boyfriend know you’re pregnant?”
Chapter End Notes:
Bet you didn't see this one coming, huh?
CherryBlossom104, are you satisfied with your cameo and your powers? If not, let me know.
I like to keep my reviewers happy!