Author's Chapter Notes:
Lyrics are from the song Signs by Bloc Party.
This bunny just came out of nowhere, I never even knew what kind of bunny it was but by the look of this story I'd say it was the offspring of a DramaBunny and an AngstBunny.
CherryBlossom104: Apologies for the name thing. It wasn't meant like that. I changed the name back into Summer in chapter 3 but you'll get a special cameo in the next chapter as a student. Any ideas on what power you wanna have?
"It was so like you to visit me
To let me know you were ok
It was so like you to visit me
You always worried about someone else"
Signs - Bloc Party




I went to the Mansion the next morning. Ororo called. Today was Jean's funeral. I may not have liked Jean Grey but I felt obligated to go. A bonus was that Logan probably wouldn't go. I didn't wanted to see him. Not after last night.

I was wrong. He did go.



His truck was parked in front of the Mansion. I parked mine next to it. His keys were still in the ignition. As I walked into the foyer, I was pleasantly suprised to see the resident doctor just coming out of the kitchen, dressed in a dark suit. Hank's face lightened up when he saw me.

"It's good to see you again, my dear Rogue. We've missed you," Hank said while he hugged me.
"I've missed you too," I said while she hugged Hank back, my small frame looking even smaller compared to the giant blue man. He curiously sniffed the air and I saw his eyes drop to my stomach. I gave a sad smile and apparently, he sensed I didn't wanted to talk about it because he didn't say anything. I quickly changed the subject.
"Were is everyone?" I asked Hank, looking around. It was considerably quiet for the Mansion, which was always filled with laughter and noise for as long as I could remember. Hank's smile faltered.
"Most of the students are getting ready for the funeral. The younger ones who have family are home for the weekend."
I nodded. Jean had been a teacher here. Her students probably wanted to pay their respect. Hank's cellphone ringed, the tones of AC/DC filling the foyer.
"I apologize, Rogue but I'm afraid I have to answer this call. Ororo is in her room if you want to see her," Hank said while getting out his cellphone.

I nodded and said a quick goodbye as Hank answered his phone. Giving Hank some privacy, I walked up the stairs, intending find Ororo. As I walked down the hall, I thought about the time I had lived here as a student.

I knew Kitty and Jubilee stayed, just like Bobby, St. John and Piotr. Jubes had told me Piotr and Kitty were getting serious, recently moving in together. I was happy for them. They might seem like an odd couple, the giant Russian with the petite brunette but I knew Piotr had a good heart and Kitty obviously held the key to it. Jubes was happily singly and St. John and Bobby were still dancing around each other.

I hadn't noticed that my feet had atomatically taken me to a room I had spent more time in then in my own room in the past.

Carefully, I opened the door. I didn't expected Logan to be there. He wasn't.

As I stepped into the room, I noticed it hadn't been just Logan's room anymore. Womanly little things were everywere. A romance novel on one of the nightstands, candles in the window, a perfume bottle on the desk. Jean's things, I realized.

The sheets were still crumpled, as If they had just gotten up this morning. I moved a little closer to the bed. The sheets helt the mixt scent of Jean and Logan and I suddenly felt sick to my stomach.

"He's downstairs in the Danger Room if you're looking for Logan," sounded a soft voice from behind me.

Ororo stood in the doorway, calm and serene as always. Her engagement sparkling in the sunlight. She gave me a motherly hug and I almost felt the urge to cry on her shoulder. Almost.

"How are you doing, Rogue? I mean really doing?" Ororo asked me with concerned eyes.
"I'm fine, Ro. Really," I tried to reassure her with my most convincing smile.
She didn't buy it, I could see that, but she didn't pressure me. Instead, she just looked around with a sigh.
"The Mansion is quiet without them."
I didn't know if she was talking about Scott and Jean or Logan and Jean. I didn't ask. I didn't want to know. Ororo walked over to the bed and stroked a hand over the sheets, smoothing it a little. She smiled sadly.
"They said she had a sudden heart attack but I know better. She died of the broken heart syndrom. She couldn't live without him."

I didn't say anything. If she was so in love with Scott, then why did she jumped in Logan's bed right after her husband died?

"Logan was a great support for her when he died. He changed for her. But in the end, it wasn't enough. He wasn't Scott and she knew it."

I wondered if Ororo had a second power she never told us about. Like telepathy. Ororo turned to look at me.

"I know what you're thinking but I don't think they had that kind of relationship. She was lonely and needed someone to hold onto. He was there."

I couldn't meet her eyes. I wanted to believe her. Wanted to believe Logan and Jean had been nothing more then just friends but part of me whispered that Ororo would never speak bad about the dead, especially if they had been their best friend. Ororo sensed my uneasiness and hugged me one last time before disappearing.

I soon followed the Weather Goddess, searching for the person who was currently occupying my thoughts.

When I got downstairs, I knew what to expect. He didn't disappoint. The Danger Room was on it's highest setting and from the Observation Room, I witnessed Logan tearing Sabretooth apart with a primal roar. His chest was bare, singlet long discarded. His sweat mingling with blood. His jeans were soaked with blood and he was barefoot.

Sabretooth's carcass lay at his feet before the robotic voice of the computer announced the completion of Level 10. Logan sank down on his knees. Worried, I leaned over to have a better look. Was he wounded? Did I have to get him to the sickbay?

It wasn't long before I realized he was crying. I hurried out of the Observation Room and headed for the Danger Room. No matter what may have happened the night before, he was my friend and right now, he needed me.



He was on his knees on the floor, broken and battered. Bruises and wounds healed but his scars visible to my eyes. His fists clenching and unclencing. The claws slipping in and out.

Carefully, I strode over to him. He did't respond, keeping his eyes firlmy shut. I reached out one hand, when he suddenly lunged for me. Firm arms clasped around my waist as he drew me closer, his head pressed into my stomach. His hair just stroking the underside of my breasts.

His shoulders heaving with sobs as I soothingly stroked his hair, murmering comforting words in a language only known to me. A white patch formed on my shirt where his tears met fabric.

I realised my mistake when I felt a small fluttering in my stomach, right where Logan's head rested. I froze and tried to pull away but Logan kept me firmly in place, his arms like a steel cage around me. His ear pressed against the place where our baby had moved. It was like the baby knew his parents where waiting for him to make a move because I felt another small flutter in my belly. It was very small but there was no doubt that with Logan's senses, he was able to feel it well enough.

He looked up at me. Arms still around my waist, refusing to let go. I stared down in shock. He changed. He was no longer the broken man I found in the Danger Room minutes ago. He was still crying but they were no longer tears of pain.The selfloathing and anger in his posture had vanished. I could clearly see the love and adoration in his eyes at the proof that our son was growing in my belly.

In a movie, we would have embraced and forgiven each other. We would have tored off their clothes and made love right there on the floor of the Danger Room, careful of the life growing between us. But this wasn't a movie. This was real life.

Not able to look Logan in the eyes, I turned around and fled.
Chapter End Notes:
Short chapter, I know.
Blame it on the weekend.
Already working on next chapter, expect udates in the coming week! Thanks again for everyone who reviewed!