Author's Chapter Notes:
Lyrics are from the song Fallen by Sarah McLachlan.
I got inspired by all the reviews yesterday and wrote another chapter. It's short, I know, but it's something!
Already started on another chapter, expect updates in a week or so!
For everybody who worries about Rogue's spine, it will appear soon! Blame it on the bunny which is currently hiding in my basement and refuses to come out.
"We all begin with good intent
Love was raw and young
We believed that we could change ourselves
The past could be undone

But we carry on our backs the burden
Time always reveals
The lonely light of morning
The wound that would not heal
It's the bitter taste of losing everything
That I have held so dear"
Fallen - Sarah McLachlan


The next morning when I woke up, Logan was gone. He never stayed. I stood up and stretched. My shirt hitched up and revealed a little bit of my belly. I smoothed my shirt back in place and unconsciously let my hand linger a little longer on the place where our child grew.

I had never thought about the consequences of that night. When I started feeling sick, I thought I had the flu. When my breasts were feeling tender, I thought it was because I was about to have my period. But my period never came.

When I sat on the toilet seat, holding a pregnancy test and staring at the little plus, that’s when reality set in. I was pregnant. And there was no doubt in who the father was.

Abortion was not an option. Though the baby wasn’t conceived in a moment of love, I loved it from the moment I knew it was there.

I never told anyone at the Mansion. I knew what would happen. People would talk and in the end, Logan would find out. He finally had the woman he wanted and as much as I wanted him to know, I also wanted him to be happy. And I knew he was now. With her.

I threw up a lot in my first trimester. I lost weight. At work, they were concerned. I was 23, single and pregnant. I reassured them. Told them I would be fine. I told them not to worry. I didn’t. As long as I would have my baby, the world around me could burn and fall apart and I wouldn’t care. As long as I could hold my child in my arms.

I was a little worried about his mutation. Both his parents were mutants so there was no doubt, he would be a mutant too. My skin was my main concern. Even though I had learned control, I wasn’t sure what it could do to the baby. I hoped that with his father’s mutation, my poisonous skin would be suppressed by his healing. I didn’t wanted my child to suffer from his mutation the same way I had.

The reaction from the children was something that I would remember for the rest of my life. All the kids jumped on me, screaming that Miss Marie was going to be a mommy. I cried tears of happiness and could almost picture my three-year old running amongst them.

The phone interrupted my daydreams and I walked into the kitchen to answer. On my kitchen table was a steaming cup of tea and a plate with toast and jam. Today’s paper was lying next to it. Courtesy of Logan, no doubt. I raised an eyebrow. I wasn’t even aware Logan knew how a toaster worked. It was the first time he hadn’t left the apartment without erasing his tracks from the night before. He had even made me breakfast. Logan never made breakfast. As far as I knew.

I wondered if he knew. About the baby. About our baby. Would he want me to abort the baby? Would he ackowledge it as his? Would he hate me for letting me get pregnant in the first place?

The phone kept ringing persistently. I picked up and was greeted by the soft voice of Ororo, telling me what I already knew. Jean died last night. Sudden heart attack. She went upstairs to take a nap and never woke up.

Ororo also asked if I had seen Logan. Said he hadn’t come home since they discovered her body. Ororo knew Logan went to me if he was having a hard time. I told her he indeed came to me but already left. She didn’t tell me but I knew Logan didn’t went back to the Mansion after he left my apartment. I told Ororo I would call her later and started getting ready for work.

When I walked into my bedroom, I was met with another surprise. The bed was made. Even the comforter was on the bed. The curtains were open, letting the sun shine into the room.

I was seriously wondering if I was still asleep. This was not the Logan I knew. I looked around my apartment, nearly expecting George Michael to jump out of a closet and start singing in the middle of my room. But he didn't.

I took a quick shower and put on my clothes for work. Jeans, shirt, sweater and scarf. Even though I didn’t needed it. It was Friday and on Friday, we took the kids to the park. It was cold and with my current condition, I didn’t want to take the risk.

My bump was barely noticeable and I still fit into my old clothes. They were even a little loose. I rubbed my belly. Since I entered my second trimester, the morning sickness had disappeared. I could eat again without my lunch making a repeat performance in the toilet.

I got my keys and closed the door behind me. I never touched the breakfast he made me.
Chapter End Notes:
The George Michael scene is a reference to Eli Stone. I loved that show! Why did they canceled it?!
Hope you liked it and please review!