Author's Chapter Notes:
Woops. Long Chapter.
Rogue pulled up nearby the warehouse. It was big, a giant building. The doors large metal sheets. The crank for opening the doors had been broken. The metal twisted in a unnatural way. The only way to open the doors was now with Magneto’s ability.

She took a deep breath, weighing out exactly how much of each ability she had. But she did not know how many people Magneto had and whether or not he would kill her if he had the chance. Talk about a bad break up.

Finally she started walking towards the doors. All that she knew was that Magneto had crossed the line. And the hate burned inside her. Once in front of the doors she jerked her fingers only slightly and the doors nearly came off their large metal hinges as they flew out of the way loudly.

Rogue entered the building. She knew he was here somewhere. She felt it. But there was silence. And darkness. She could hear every movement but there was none. Her heart pounded against her chest.

“Eric?” she called.

A gust of wind gave someone away, they hit her hard, pinning her to the ground unable to move. She let out a grasp of pain and was about to rip their head off when she realized who it was holding her down.

“Logan?” she whispered.

The fire in his eyes softened at the sound of his name, but there was no recognition as he looked at her. She wouldn’t move. “Please Logan.” She whispered “Try to remember.”

His eyebrows pulled together as he stared at her. There was a great deal of concentration there but suddenly she saw it. The thought process. His jaw tensed. “Marie?” he growled.

That voice wasn’t his. It wasn’t how he would speak to her before. There was always the kindness. Always to her. There was always the assurance that he wouldn’t hurt her even if he got the chance.

He had remembered just one name, and it wasn’t even his own.

She stared up at him as he stood up and backed away from her. Rogue forced herself to her feet. “Come on, you remember me. Please trust me. We have to go now.”

That was when she realized that there were many people around her, and Eric’s voice echoed around the warehouse walls. “I’m afraid we can’t let you do that.” Magneto said in that annoying drawl of his.

She glared up at him. “What did you do?” she demanded. “How did you do this?” Her voice was getting more and more panicked. It was her who had brought this upon him. It was her fault. Everything was. The people around her would just get hurt. There was nothing she could do about it.

The pain pulsed through her and the walls began to shake as he spoke again. “I didn’t do anything. No one can wipe out parts of the mind but Xavier. Charles erased his memories. And he’s the one you’re working for.”

Rogue heard Wolverine growl. “No.” She whispered. “No he’s lying! Please!” She gasped as she heard his claws shoot out as anger and frustration coursed through him. “Logan listen to me!”

She glanced around at the many people that she recognized working for Magneto. Gambit. Colossus. Sabre-tooth. Mystique. Juggernaut. Blob. And now he had Wolverine. The one who could survive everything but her.

“Kill her.” Magneto ordered. Wolverine started to walk towards her.

“No...” she whispered. “Don’t do this.” She knew she could kill him. And so did Magneto. He was testing her to see if she would kill him. He apparently knew her feelings towards Logan. She started to back away. Holding up a barricade of Jean’s powers to stop him from getting closer, but it was hard to keep.

When did it get so hard to fight him?

She tried to push him away, and failed. “Logan stop.” She whispered. Her gaze shot up to Magneto’s who watched with a smile on his face.

Rogue heard the X-jet coming to help her, but as she watched Logan struggle to come towards her there was nothing they could do anymore. She had already made her decision.

It had all been a trick. Magneto knew that Wolverine and her had chemistry. And out of jealousy he wanted to diminish it. There was no one she couldn’t kill, except him. And that had been his plan all along. That was the only way to kill her. It seemed like many people wanted her dead now. But she never expected Wolverine to be one of them.

She stared ahead aware of the rest of Magneto’s team fleeing at the sound of Xavier’s. The tears formed in her eyes, and she sucked in a ragged breath as she dropped the barrier.

A scream filled the air until his claws punctured both of her lungs.
Chapter End Notes:
Please tell me what you think!