“Just focus kid, you can do it.” He murmured.

Her hand hovered just above his, she had worry in her eyes about letting herself touch him again. “Look, just don’t worry about hurting me.” He murmured.

She let out a huff of air. “Believe me. That is NOT the problem at all.” She muttered under her breath. “I couldn’t care less if I hurt you. I have just... never done this before.”

“Just concentrate.” He said, trying not to let her comment sting him.

“It’s slightly difficult when you’re talking.” She said sarcastically. She closed her eyes and focused as hard as possible. Slowly, she set her hand down on his.

Nothing, she opened her eyes and he was staring at her like she was an idiot. “Great job. Now let’s try it without the glove.”

“Okay, okay! God Mr. Pushy. The problem is that...” she cut herself off, worried.

“That your thoughts flow into my head whenever your ability works?” he supplied.
“What?” she demanded suddenly surprised. “What are you talking about?”

He laughed. “Wow. I thought you knew.” He murmured. “You thought you could just see everything I was thinking? It’s mutual.”

“You’re one fucking big piece of work, you know that?” she hissed angrily. She ripped off her glove and took a long deep breath before she held out her hand to his. “I’m not scared of showing my thoughts to you. I have nothing to hide, you however have years of sexual fantasies with me in them to hide.”

“You wish.” He muttered as he took her hand. “I’ll have you know in every fantasy I’ve ever had, your name has not come up once. The only time I think of you is when I need a quick deflation.”

Her chest swelled with rage. “Wow, I’ll remember that next time I’m looking through your thoughts about me naked pervert.” She said fiercely.

Logan’s grip tightened around hers. “And I’ll remember to call the next hooker I bang Marie, bit more dignified than Rogue don’t you think?”

“Shut up, just shut up for one second shit head!” she hissed. He realized for the first time that she was no longer looking at him, she was looking at her hand in his without a reaction. “I’m doing it...” she whispered. For a moment she said nothing, before she ripped her hand from his, and her glare shot to his. “And if you ever call a hooker my name I’ll personally neuter you myself with a spoon.”

His glare met hers. “That’s not possible.”
“Believe me.” She said. “I’ll find a way.”

He rolled his eyes at her. “Whatever. Wanna get some grub? I’m hungry.”

The bravado dropped immediately and she grinned. “Yeah, sure, lets go.”
Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think.