When he woke up he was laying on a hotel bed, it was almost completely dark and he felt stiff. His eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness as he looked over the see a door closed, light peaking around the edges and the floor. “Rogue?” He called.

The door opened and he saw her there wearing a tight black skirt with leggings and pointed boots that went up to her knees. The tight black tanktop left her shoulders bare and her chest showing a literally dangerous amount of skin. She glanced away from the mirror and looked at him. “Ready to get up yet?” she asked pulling on her long black gloves and walking out. He took a moment to reply, he simply watched her cross the room and hit a button. As she walked away from it the thick curtains opened, letting in the late afternoon light.

He looked around and finally caught a glimpse of the hotel room. It had two beds, a TV in the corner, a table, mini-fridge and a hot tub. The room was nice, expensive.

“How did you get me up here?” he said under his breath sitting up.

She smiled. “Told the bellboy you had too much to drink and passed out. He was more than willing to help bring you up.”

He glanced to her again, her hair loosely flowing around her shoulders and her skirt tight around her waist and butt. “I wonder why.” He muttered under his breath, his eyes turning back to the ground.

Suddenly she was in front of him and he glanced to her eyes for the first time. “What’s that supposed to mean?” she muttered.

He ran a hand through his messy hair and gave her a look. “Come on.” He muttered. “You want me to believe he did it out of the goodness of his heart?” he laughed. “Either he was hitting on you, you paid him, or you threatened him.”

She set her hands on her hips. “You forgot one thing.” She said leaning into him till she was inches from his face. Just a taunt. “I don’t believe in ‘the goodness of people’s hearts’” He stared into her eyes, and she stood up with a smile. “That’s a load of bull. People do things because they want things. And that makes the world go round.”

He raised an eyebrow, speculating at how cynical she was. “And where do you come in?”

Her green eyes flickered to the ceiling as though the answer was written somewhere up there. She pressed her lips together for just a brief moment before pulling her gloves off and showing him one hand. “I’m the best at the game sugar.”

Logan couldn’t stop the grin from spreading across his face. “But now you have other motives to touch people.”

Rogue pulled her glove back on slowly, not meeting his eyes. “Wolverine.” She said, slightly threatening. “If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you were flirting with me.”

He got up off the bed and stood in front of her folding his arms across his wide chest, still slightly smiling. He leaned in, his eyes smouldering. She didn’t budge as he came closer to her, he was barely an inch away before he whispered. “Not in this century.”

She glared at him. “Not in any century Logan.”
He opened his mouth to speak before a realization occurred to him. “Oh that’s right kid, I forgot.”

“Call me kid again and you’ll forget a lot of things.”

He snickered, ignoring her threat. “The professor mentioned that unless you learn pretty quick how to control that ability of yours...” he smiled. “You’re gonna get an eternal dose of healing.”

“What?” she demanded.

“I mean it’ll just be me and you, forever young.” He laughed pulling on his leather jacket. “If I were you, I’d learn fast, or we'll be stuck together forever.”
Chapter End Notes:
Comment!