In no mood for a fight Rogue got into the front seat of the car, overhearing Logan groan as he rolled over in the back seat. “Oh shut up you big runt.” She muttered as she floored the gas.

She took a deep breath and glanced in her rear view mirror. There was no way that she’d get away from them without some kind of distraction. She took a deep breath and searched for Storm inside her head.

Ororo shrieked against being used against herself but quickly the storm turned against her. Lightning bolted out of nowhere, two hitting Storm and leaving her weak as she fell to the ground. Magneto following close behind was another story. There wasn’t any way she could make him leave without fighting him, but she could get his hovering ass away from all these people before they saw.

Taking Logan had been a bad idea. His abilities were another matter. But Storm would not have been able to defend him against Magneto. And she had happened to think Rogue the enemy. She didn’t blame her. Not one bit.

She floored the gas pedal and sped down the street desperately trying to get out of the public’s wide eye. She had glanced in the rear view mirror to keep tabs on Magneto. But he had suddenly disappeared. She knew she hadn’t lost him. There was no way. So she didn’t let herself calm. She didn’t let herself relax until she had reached the country side back roads that were empty of cars and people. Rogue pulled over at the side of the road and pressed her forehead against the top of her steering wheel, taking a deep breath.

When she looked back, he was there again. Her teeth clenched as she got out of the car and walked towards him. “What do you want Eric?” He was tall, caped and wearing a device that kept Xavier out of his mind. Rogue had enough of Jeans ability to do it herself.

“Don’t be foolish Rogue.” He murmured in that annoying drawl of his. “You wouldn’t risk a fight just for the Wolverine against me. He’s on their side.”

She glared at him and folded her arms across her chest angrily. “I’m not on your side either.” She qualified. “And what business is it of yours what I have to do with him. Just get the fuck out of here.”

Magneto’s glare darkened in the shadow around his face. “Why are you protecting him?”

The anger coursed through her and she felt herself losing control of a part of her personality. “I need him to teach me how...” she murmured slowly. “To teach me how to strengthen my ability.”

The Wolverine inside her head laughed at her. “Can’t tell him the truth? That you’re weak?” She pushed him away with as much force as possible but he still leaked through. “Go on. Tell him you have no control. He shouldn’t be here.”

Magneto stared at her, the emotion in her eyes making it clear she was in pain. He nodded slowly. And she took a deep breath. “What do you need him for?”

“Something none of my men are...” he paused “equipped for.”

“He won’t work for you.” She told him. “He doesn’t exactly remember you as the nicest guy. Believe me, I would know.” She thought back to the memories that had flown into her when she touched him.

“There are ways to get around that.” He said without trouble.

Her eyes narrowed. “Whatever. Let me finish with him and then I’ll decide whether I want to give him to you.”

Magneto took a step forward. “That’s not good enough.”

Without a pause Rogue’s gloved hand shot up, her palm facing him and a force pushed him backwards, making him stumble and almost fall down. He shot a glare at her as he regained his balance and she lowered her hand. “It won’t be long before all that ability takes you over Rogue. You’re strong now, but the people inside you are stronger. And soon they’ll fight back.”

“Go.” She hissed, both hands went up now and a tremendous shove pulsed through the air pushing him five meters back and to the ground. “NOW!”
Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you thought.