Rogue was sitting alone in a nearby Starbucks reading a book when he found her, drinking her coffee like a normal person. It was the next morning and she had just a black backpack with her and a long dark green jacket that went past her knees.

Rogue took a sip of her drink with a smirk. “That took a long time.” She murmured “I could have found you faster. As I recall... that ability to pick up scent is really something.”

He shrugged as he sat down and she pushed the second coffee she had on the table towards him. “I had plans.”
“Plans huh?” she inquired “The dog get laid? Ruff.”

He raised an eyebrow, getting that intent look in his eyes that he often had when he was fighting or studying her. A constant confusion that led to the two lines that formed between his eyebrows as he began to look extremely concentrated and determined. His hair was messy and out of place but still had the two drastic points on the top.

“Did you get my joke?” She smiled. “Because you wear dog tags.”

He tucked them inside his shirt and his gaze flickered to the many witnesses around them. They had never met in public before. Not somewhere they couldn’t fight. Her green eyes flickered to his and he knew she was thinking the exact thing he was. This would look like a date to anyone passing by.

Logan kept his mind off that. “Have you considered what I said?”

She sighed, looking back down at the book she had. “I have.” She said under her breath. “All you want is me to... think about it while you ‘help me?’”

He shrugged. “Yes.”
“I don’t trust you.” She said quietly so the old couple nearby couldn’t hear.
“That feeling is mutual.” He agreed with a nod.

Rogue tucked the loose strand of white hair behind her ear and leaned forward only slightly. “Then what makes you think I won’t kill you.” She murmured.

“I don’t.”

There was silence for a long moment. For a brief second she was touched. Trust. It was something that she had lost over her many years traveling. There were too many times she had been betrayed. But one thing that she knew was that her eyes gave away all of her emotions, and Logan was too observant to not notice the sadness in them. She reached into her bag and grabbed a pair of sunglasses and put them on, getting up and grabbing her coffee.

At least she had an excuse, it was rather sunny. But she all she did in the sun was burn or continue to be pale. As Logan followed her down the street she cleared her throat and took a deep breath.

“What’s in it for you?” she muttered.

Rogue heard him laugh slightly as he shoved his hands in his pockets and spoke. “I made a bet.”
She stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and spun around. “Wow, I thought you were too good to even gamble. What was the bet?” she asked nonchalantly as though she didn’t care, but curiosity burned inside her.

“Long story.” He admitted. “But I don’t expect you to join the team just because I’m helping you. But I do want you to consider it. That’s all I want.”

“Did the professor tell you to come get me?” she said slowly, not sure if she wanted an answer.

“Yes.” He confided.
“Why.” She said it like a statement.

“Because he knows you have the power to kill everyone.” He told her. “And when someone can do whatever they want, you sort of want them on your side.” He continued talking but suddenly she wasn’t listening.

“Logan. You should go.” She said slowly, her jaw clenched.
“What? Why?” he demanded.
“Scratch that.” She grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulling him down kissing him hard. Everything drained out of him, his emotions, memories, thoughts, strength and what she needed most. His healing ability. Before he knew it he had blacked out.

He collapsed onto the ground and she reached down to pick him up and opened the car door beside her. Strength comes in handy every so often. But that was when she saw the sky begin to darken and the nearby tables lifted off the ground... floating.
Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think!