Rogue took in a deep breath as she was lead through to the kitchen where there were several people that suddenly grew silent as she entered. She stood at the doorway as Scott and Jean walked further in and went to the sides of Kurt, Kitty, Bobby, and Storm. Kurt grinned. “Welcome to the family Rogue.” He said, his thick German accent soaking every word.

Jean’s smile faded and she started walking towards the door, Scott grabbed her hand to pull her back without making much of a fuss. But only Rogue noticed the commotion. Everyone else was focused on her.

“Come on Jean, don’t be like that.” He murmured under his breath, trying to keep her in the kitchen.
Her red hair swayed as she shook her head. “Oh please. I’ll keep up the act in front of Logan. That’s it.” Her glare flickered to Rogue. “I know the truth. It’s dangerous having her here.”

Scott sighed and let go of her hand, she left promptly. When he looked back at Rogue he realized she had heard. “Don’t worry about it.” He muttered taking a few steps closer to her. His voice was barely heard over the many chatters of Kitty and Kurt.

Rogue took a deep breath and nodded. This was something she had no choice but to get used to. She glanced over at Storm, who had forced a smile. “We’re happy to have you here Rogue.” She appreciated her effort. “I’m willing to settle our differences if you are.”

Rogue scratched the back of her head and then ran her fingers through her hair. Of course Ororo was referring to when she had fought back against them when they tried to take down Magneto. Storm had ended up... well rather weak from her touch. She nodded. “Yeah.” She murmured.

For the rest of the night she met everyone living in the mansion. Mutants had come here or been brought here from across the countries. All of them with problems... similar to hers. Of course, hers weren’t something to be compared to. The mansion was huge, but Rogue knew she’d have to seek out a place that wasn’t crawling with questions.

She found herself wandering the hallways alone for the first time. She could hardly be a regular student here. But she had no idea how she could deal with people hating her. Perhaps over time... they could grow to like her, as Logan had.

Jean would be more difficult though. She had not enjoyed being beat by Rogue and all it had done was anger her. What she needed to understand... was that no one could beat her. Her power was their power. But she had more than that.

She heard something behind her and saw Logan walking closer. “Having fun yet?”
Rogue rolled her eyes, not realizing her arms were wrapped around herself. “Tons.” She muttered sarcastically.

“Look, I know it’s hard...” he began.
She cut him off. “No need for the speech Logan.” She looked him in the eyes carefully as he began to look worried. “I’m not a kid in a new town.” She sighed. “I know exactly what I’m dealing with. And if you think for a second that there’s anything I can’t take then you’re wrong.” She had walked further ahead of him, out of his reach and stopped, standing in front of a mirror.

His eyes studied her intently for just a moment before he nodded, not willing to argue. “I know that you can take on anything girlie.” He muttered under his breath as he came closer. As she stared at herself in the mirror he was suddenly behind her in her reflection. “All I’m saying is you don’t have to do everything alone now.” He leaned over slightly, wrapping his arms around her torso, overtop of hers. Logan felt her exhale, relaxing slightly and she closed her eyes.

He knew she would have trouble with trust or faith in anyone, he pressed his cheek against hers gently and she felt the slight scrape of his beard scruff against her. “We’ll work on it.” He smiled at her in the reflection as she opened her eyes to a new day.

End.
Chapter End Notes:
Still deciding if this'll be the start of a series. Anyways, let me know what you thought about it.