Logan walked closer to her, his eyes sympathetic and longing. There wasn’t a touch of confusion in his eyes. He knew what he was doing, and he knew who she was to him. But he knew as her dark and angry gaze flickered to Magneto’s desperate one, something had changed in her. He kept coming closer and she shook with each step. Like it would suddenly break apart like a dream.

“Revenge isn’t the way of going about this Rogue.” He murmured.

Her eyes narrowed. “It’s not revenge. It’s justice. You’re acting like he can just get away with anything! There’s always consequences Logan.” Her voice shook slightly as she closed her eyes, trying to hold herself together. But no amount of power could do that. “I was punished. I was given something incredible just to have it taken away.”

“I’m not gone.” He assured her. “I’m still here. I may not remember everything but I know the truth Rogue... and I know I don’t want to ever leave you again.”

Her hands were shaking as they held Magneto between what could easily kill him. “No...” she whispered. “No, I’m not letting him get away with this. I can’t let him... not after what he did to you.”

Logan had stopped walking, barely a meter away now. There was little light in the cave around them. It was only big enough for a car to barely fit through. Magneto was trapped against the far wall with nowhere to go or hide, and on either side of him was two pieces of metal bigger than him, that he could easily be crushed between.

“You don’t have to be like him.” Logan tried again. “You don’t have to do this anymore. You can change sides. You could become good. Let me help you.”

A strong agony crushed through her, forcing her to her knees as she gasped out. Her words were little more than a cry. “I’m not good. I’m not worth helping.”

“That’s not true.” He growled, frustration seeping through his well defined mask of patience. “You are worth whatever you need.”

There was silence throughout the cave, and all that could be heard was the gentle dripping of water from the ceiling into a puddle on the ground. Every second seemed like an eternity. Rogue was gasping, out of breath as her power started to tighten around every cell in her body. “No!” She screamed out angrily. Just as she did the mountain the cave was within had started to shake, and the two large pieces of metal fell to the ground in a loud crash.

“NO” she yelled again. Her arms dropping to her sides as she kneeled and pressed her hands to the ground. Rogue pushed herself up and stood staring at Logan. “He doesn’t deserve a second chance Logan. He took you from me. He has killed people. He erased your memories. He treated you like a puppet and made you work with your brother who helped to destroy everything you ever loved and remembered.” Her eyes turned pleading. “He tried to make you kill me, and succeeded. I died.”

As she spoke there was a strong tightening pulsing through his broad chest and up to his shoulders. His fists clenched harder until pain shot up his arms. It was the only way to let out the incredible and growing amount of fury that burned through him. He had to force himself to stay standing there as his legs itched to run. Every muscle in his body was tensing harder and harder through him without a hope of unclenching.

Her eyes widened as the long metal claws slid out of his fists. His eyes were on the ground as he tried to calm himself down. But there was too much anger in him that was ripping him apart down to the core. He didn’t want to be an animal. Finally he looked up to see Rogue, pale from the cold. Just as pale as she had looked when he had killed her.

He heard something behind him, and realized it was Magneto trying to slip away. He glanced back at Rogue, who raised an eyebrow. He spun around quickly and within three quick inhuman steps he was gripping Magneto’s shirt, and holding him against the wall.

His claws ripped at Magneto’s clothing, cutting through to the skin. Nothing fatal. But there were many likely possibilities of scars all over him now. Logan glared up at him as he held him higher and higher. It felt good to be using the restrained strength with just one arm. His eyes dark, he would have struck fear into anyone. “If I ever see you again,” he grunted “I’ll kill you.” He threw him to the ground at the entrance of the cave.

Logan’s glare penetrated into Magneto’s back as he stumbled away. Injured... but alive. At his side, he held Rogue’s hand tightly. Both knowing that they would one day regret letting him escape.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered slowly. He glanced down to her, she was only as tall as his shoulder. Her eyes were fearful but satisfied.

“For what?” he asked finally. Unable to imagine what she had to apologize for.
“For losing control back there.” She murmured with a sigh. “I could have taken down the entire mountain... it would have taken out everyone.”

Logan rolled his eyes and glanced back to the unconscious bodies that Magneto had left behind. His minions. “Looks like you already did.” He muttered. He sighed. “Besides, we both seem to have some control issues.”

Rogue forced a broke smile up at him. “Then I guess we can help each other.”
The corner of his lip curled upwards. “Guess so.” She wrapped her arms around him, and his tightened around her. She heard him let out a small laugh. “We aren’t very good at hating each other.”
Chapter End Notes:
Comment!