“Magneto?” Rogue’s voice rang out into the echoing caves where she had found him last time she had gone looking. Her voice was anything but hesitant. And the walls around her were wet an dripping. The caves were dark and she could barely hear a thing. However she did hear the growling of Sabre-tooth. “Eric.” She called. There was a darkness in her voice that had never been heard before. Only Magneto knew that he had awakened a long asleep strength.

“Come on.” She said forcing the evil smile that had appeared on her face so many times as she looked around, knowing that there were many other mutants around her. Surrounding her. They were stupid to believe that anyone could defeat her now. “You didn’t think that you could kill me that easily, did you?” He still didn’t step out and show himself, so she continued to taunt. “What’s the matter Eric?” she said darkly. “Don’t handle getting dumped well?”

“That’s enough Rogue.” He murmured stepping out of the shadows. Anger stabbed through her as she saw his face. She had never hated someone so much. The emptiness deep inside her chest was swelling, just creating a hold on her, full of anger and frustration that would never again be contained.

“Go on.” She hissed. Holding out her arms wide. “Finish the fucking job.” He glared at her, when he said nothing she smiled wickedly. She laughed, but there was more pain that humour in her voice that rang like bells. “The only way you could get over me was by killing me? Was that the only way you could forget me?” her eyes narrowed, and her eyes were set completely in shadow. “I don’t take people forgetting me well.”

Finally someone attacked her from behind, and with a quick easy throw she lifted them above her shoulders and slammed them onto the ground. Sabre-tooth growled up at her angrily. She kneeled down with a smile and with a quick shot to the head he was unconscious.

Many more tried. But she was running on autopilot unable to see anything but the main goal. Him, dead in front of her. Pain shot through her as a thought occurred. Wolverine would never look at her that same way again. She let out a gasp as she threw Colossus against a wall.

That was it. Magneto was now alone. She walked forward. “Go on.” She whispered brokenly. “Do it.”

Suddenly two wide pieces of metal came towards her from both sides. They almost hit her before her hands lifted, palms faced out and holding the metal away. Magneto glared at her. “I’m stronger than even you now Eric.” She whispered to him. “If only you had known that before you pissed me off so fucking much.”

She lifted the metal and pushed it towards him and he tried to hold against her, but he had no chance. There wasn’t any possibility that he could. She held the metal on either side of him, taunting before she killed him. “Congratulations Eric.” She said, her voice high and proud. “You finally did it. You finally broke my heart as you always wanted. But you couldn’t do it on your own.”

Rogue pushed the metal harder against his power, and he was struggling against a mere percentage of everything she had. Suddenly, a familiar voice called out. “Rogue!”

Her heart leapt. “Logan?” she glanced back at him and sighed.
“Please Rogue, don’t do this.” He asked her.

She shook her head angrily. “You don’t understand. You never will.”
He took in a deep breath. “But you don’t have to be like him. You don’t have to kill anyone.”

“You’re right.” She whispered. “I don’t have to.” Her gaze flickered to Magneto who looked hopeful before she spoke again. “But I want to.”

The huge blocks of metal were getting closer and closer to Magneto. He was unable to stop it.

“Please Marie.” Logan murmured slowly. When she still did not stop he glanced to the entrance of the cave and then back to her. He closed his eyes as he spoke. “Green.” He murmured.

Her eyes widened. “What?”
Chapter End Notes:
Criticism is appreciated.