Everything happened very fast then. As she fell something exploded, and the shaky walls of the warehouse began to crumble. Fire was all around them and the small amount of grass on the ground swayed in the giant gust of wind that the jet rushed against the ground. With a smile, Magneto disappeared and the rest of his disciples did the same. All of them rushing into different directions, too late to be traced or chased.

They had succeeded in killing her, in the only way they knew how. They killed her with her love. Somehow, deep inside her Rogue had realized that all she wanted was what Logan wanted. And she would do anything to ensure he got it.

She was also tired of fighting. And to her... it had seemed only fitting to die at the hand of her only love and everlasting enemy. As she lay there on the ground, staring up at the sky she saw the fire. The flames around, sending smoke into the hazy sky. By now she knew that Magneto was long gone. She had always thought that one day she would find a way to kill him. But when she finally had rid of him inside her... she couldn’t even kill someone who got in her way.

Wolverine had yet to take his eyes off her as his claws retracted back into him. He stared at her limp body collapsed on the ground and somehow there was pain in him as he watched her dying. It was something he didn’t understand, and probably never would.

There was not much he knew or remembered, but somehow fighting her seemed like it had happened before. There was a strange sense of déjà vu engulfing the entire situation. There was an odd feeling of remorse as her eyes seemed dazed and relaxed. And he leaned over her and picked her up in his arms, holding her tightly.

Suddenly there were two people beside him, and a thought in his mind appeared. He should follow him. They mean no harm. He carried Rogue into the jet, unable to focus or even speak to anyone else. As he sat down, his gaze turned to the wake of destruction she had left. The warehouse was completely destroyed. Collapsed and burning.

The door closed as the jet hovered above the ground for a brief moment, and finally took off. There was silence, and he stared down at her trying to remember. Anything. He was vaguely aware that Charles was now beside him, but he wanted to ignore his presence. “She let me kill her.” He murmured slowly.

Xavier closed his eyes and nodded slowly. “In her head, she managed to reason it out that it was the lesser of two evils.”

“And what are those?” Wolverine huffed, annoyed but still curious.

“She could have killed you, easily herself. Had she wanted to.” Charles took a deep breath and looked down on her. “It was either you died, or she did.” There was silence for a long time as he considered that. Finally Xavier continued. “If you choose to... you can save her.”

“Why would I do that?” Logan demanded his tone angry and defiant. “I don’t even know her.”

He took a deep breath. “You do.” He murmured. “If you remembered you would know that you knew her quite well...”

His jaw tensed. “Not anymore. And that is your fault, along with hers.”

The professor’s gaze shifted to Jean’s worried one as he spoke. “Logan, what Magneto told you is not true. Now I can try to help you remember what has been forgotten if you help her.”

Wolverine glared up at him. “I don’t help anyone.”

“Tell me Logan, the one thing that you remembered?” he questioned. “What is the only memory you have?” When he didn’t answer the professor continued. “Marie.” He said. “You remembered her, if only her name. She is the only one you really know. You have to save her.”

Logan’s eyes were closed. His eyebrows tightened together as he tried to concentrate. His hands, folded together as he rested his forehead on them. Finally, he opened his eyes. “How?”
Chapter End Notes:
Pleaaaaaase Comment!