Story Notes:
This Fanfic is dedicated to my Wolverine. Who somehow... makes me want to be a little less dark.

"You know I love you, but sometimes I want to kick you in the teeth." :)
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just the beginning...
A girl closed her eyes and listening carefully as she turned the knob of the vault. With a click she heard it unlock through the darkness. There were no lights on in the dark clean room around her. No paintings or decorations. Perhaps people don’t see it necessary to make the inside of a bank pretty.

She was of average height, wearing tight black jeans, a dark green hoody and leather gloves. Her hair was tied back into a ponytail, a white streak through to the tips.

She swung the door open, draining her strength slightly, she slipped into the vault. One inside, she smiled taking a long deep breath. The walls were covered in shelves filled with the most wanted green paper in the world. And it was the reason why she was here. She through her bag to the ground and started filling it, she was nearly finished when she heard the familiar sound of a metal cling.

“Rogue.” A low gruff voice sounded from the doorway.
Rogue sighed. “Always ruining my fun Logan. Tell me, do you like that job?”

The man that stood in the doorway was slightly taller than she, his muscles well toned and burly. Down by his sides, his fists clenched, shining slightly out of his knuckles was the adamantium claws that could slice through anything. “It has its benefits.” He growled.

Rogue shrugged and leaned down to pick up her bag and started to walk towards him. “I think you should let me pass Wolverine.” She put emphasis on his name as she stopped in front of him. “Don’t want this to get ugly.” She set a hand on his chest. “We always know who’ll will win our fights.”

He tensed at her touch. “I can’t just let you leave.”

Her hand dropped to her side, and she opened her eyes with a glare through the dark makeup. “That’s a shame.” She murmured under her breath. The fingers in her clenched fist suddenly straightened, flexed completely. His arms shot straight out, his legs spread wide and his neck straight forward. He couldn’t move.

“You know, you’re the only one in the world that makes me glad I ever met Magneto?” she grinned wickedly.
“Still working for him are you?” he muttered.

Suddenly her smile faded into a glare and she was instantly in front of him, holding his face between her hands. “I don’t work for anyone.” She hissed.

His eyes were dark as they stared into hers. “The professor told me about you.” He murmured to her. “You can’t touch people.”

She let go of him. “I wouldn’t piss me off if I were you.”

“You kill people if they have contact with your skin.” He continued.

“Shut up Logan. I’m warning you.” she demanded, frustrated now.
“I can’t die. You can touch me.” He said slowly.

Rogue folded her arms across her chest. “I don’t want any part of you inside me.”

“Any part?” He raised an eyebrow.
He heard her teeth click together. “I meant inside my head.”

He shrugged with a smile, realizing he could move again. “Sure, but what I’m saying is... I can help you learn to control it.”

Her eyes widened, then narrowed suspiciously. “Why would you want to help me?”

Logan looked thoughtful for a moment. “As much as I hate you I know what it’s like to be out of control. And I wish someone would have helped me.”

Rogue glared at him. “And?”

He laughed slightly. “And I want you to consider joining the X-men.”

“Not gonna happen.” She muttered grabbing her bag and walking past him.

He grabbed her wrist to stop her from going further. Her eyes shot to his before they glanced down to him holding her hand. “I’d let go if I were you.”

“Give it a chance.” He murmured.

She ripped her hand away from his. “I thought you were against recruiting members to his team.”
He folded his buff arms across his chest. “Things change.”

She stepped forward, increasingly close to his face as she spoke. “People change too. Maybe I misjudged you.”

He set his hands on her shoulders and pushed her back slightly, into the vault so he was between her and the door again. “Don’t get the wrong idea Rogue.” He said, then he let out a laugh. “I don’t think I’d survive with a girl I couldn’t touch.”

Rogue smiled and got up close again, dragging her finger down his chest and raising goose bumps on him as she walked slowly around him, never breaking eye contact. “Maybe you’ll teach me how...” She whispered. “I’m sort of new at it all...” Her hand had landed on his belt buckle, her finger brushing against his abs. “But...” she leaned in like she was about to kiss him, and suddenly pulled away. “I have no reason to trust you.”

With that she walked out of the vault. He watched her disappear around the corner before he followed, and realized she was gone, along with the money.

“That manipulative little bitch.” He muttered lighting a cigar.

Logan wandered out of the bank, a cigar in his mouth. Just a block up the street was the long limo which he casually slid into and sighed. He glanced towards the professor who sat staring out the window. The car pulled away and finally Wolverine spoke. “Do you think she’ll accept?” he murmured.

Charles slowly turned to look at him and closed his eyes. “She will.” He murmured. “But that is a risk I do not expect you to make. We don’t make deals.”

He shrugged. “You think she’ll kill me?”

The professor shook his head. “No. She won’t. But this consistent amount of your healing going into her there is a risk of something much greater happening.”

Logan raised one eyebrow. “And that is?”

Xavier had is eyes closed, concentrated before he answered. Finally he opened his eyes to look at Logan. His gaze penetrating. “She could have eternal youth. Just like you. She doesn’t realize it, and if I were you I would keep it that way.”