Author's Chapter Notes:
Last Chapter with a surprise ending! Hope you've enjoyed it. Sorry it's not as smutty as some of the other stuff I've seen here but I'm not much good at writing smut.
Logan gave a satisfied grin. Everything was set up the way he wanted it. He surveyed the bedroom. Satin sheets on the bed, cooler full of water bottles and beer, something light to snack on, candles scattered around the room for low lighting and quiet music. He made sure the drapes were pulled and was once again grateful that the Professor had soundproofed his room. Someone knocked on the door and he hurriedly opened it. Donella had a blindfolded Rogue and was grinning at him. He'd had to tell her what he was planning since she'd caught him stealing the pillar candles out of Scott and Jeans bedroom.

He motioned them inside and Donella lead Rogue through the door. She was wearing a silk bathrobe and Logan could smell the faint scent of fresh latex. He stood aside as Donella helped Rogue sit down on the bed. She kissed Rogue sweetly then headed for the door. Logan snagged her arm as she went by and gave her a questioning look. She shook her head and mouthed, 'Next time'.

She slipped out the door and left them alone. "Donella, when can Ah take the blind fold off?" Rogue asked.

He slipped it off and she blinked for a second. "Logan? Whats going on?"

"Something that shoulda happened a long time ago darlin'." He murmured and kissed her. He stopped for a second and grabbed the thin piece of latex off the side table then went back to kissing Rogue.

He lowered her to the mattress without breaking the kiss his free hand untying the belt of her robe. Rogue moaned and squirmed when his hand started stroking her skin. He broke the kiss to nibble at her neck and her back arched. She managed to push him up a little and gave him a curious look. "What changed?" She asked breathlessly.

"My way of thinking. Someone opened my eyes so I could see what was right in front of me." He replied his fingers sweeping along the underside of her breast and she shivered.

She snatched the latex and leaned up to kiss him hard. Their tongues dueling back and forth while their hands roamed each others flesh. Logan was already shirtless but Rogue was completely naked under the robe. She started grappling with his jeans and he broke away long enough to strip out of them then he was back on the bed beside her teasing her flesh and kissing the sense out of her. She slung a leg up over his hips and he could feel her hot and wet against his thigh. He grabbed a condom and slid it on deftly. He'd wanted to take his time with her but he could sense they were both too far gone for that.

He rolled her over onto her back and braced himself on his elbows above her. She looked up at him with eyes alight with passion and a deeper emotion that he was finally willing to acknowledge as love. She reached up and cupped his face and he kissed her palm as he slid into her. Her moan filled his ears and his blood sang with the sound.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donella hovered in the air just inside the door invisible to the lovers. When they finally joined she smiled in satisfaction and slipped out under the door. She became solid again and strode down the halls ignoring the pang in her heart. She went to the library and sat next to the fireplace. It was cold with no fire due to the summer heat but she could imagine what it must look like in winter. She pulled a locket with a broken chain out of her pocket and opened it. An angular face with smoldering green eyes and a wicked smile stared up at her, the space beside it empty. She stared at the picture in the locket for what seemed like hours when she became aware of a presence next to her. She looked up at the professor.

"He was a prankster." She said handing him the locket. "Always smiling, always happy, even when the cancer started eating him alive."

Xavier regarded the photo for a moment then handed the locket back. She closed it and put it back in her pocket. "You're husband." He stated simply.

"More than that, he was my savior, my soul mate." She chuckled lightly. "He once sat up for three days in a row to help me give up heroine. And when it was out of my system he took me to Paris to celebrate."

Xavier watched the young woman before him and was quietly amazed that she was as whole as she seemed for someone who had gone through such tragedy. She sniffed and wiped her eyes. "No tears." She muttered and smiled at him, it was a wane imitation of her usual brilliant smile but it lifted his heart.

"They're finally together." She said pointing up at the ceiling indicating Logan and Rogue. "Took them long enough. I mean really, I could see it as soon as we showed up. Everyone saw it but them."

"That is usually the way it happens. They were too close to the situation and needed a nudge." Xavier replied.

She nodded. "They'll be fine now."

"And you?"

"I'm always fine. It's my thing." She replied with her usual cheer.She leaned over and kissed Xavier on the cheek. "You're sweet to worry for me. Its nice to know someone does worry for me."

Xavier turned his head and captured her mouth with his. They kissed slowly for a few moments then he released her. "I do more than worry for you." He replied.

She smiled and he watched a little more life seep into her blue eyes. He privately reflected that when he had become her lover he had not expected her to forsake her other lovers. She had told him during their first encounter of her intention to bring Logan and Rogue together and what it would entail and he had been more than happy to watch her work but it had surprised him when she gave up her other lovers and had even fibbed to Logan and Rogue about their being the only two she was with. She had given him the anonymity he desired while she worked her plan and now that the plan had come to fruition he knew it was time to be honest about their relationship. Not that claiming Donella would be such a hardship.
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review!