Author's Chapter Notes:
Not quite ready to write the explosive finale to this story so here's a little filler. Enjoy!
Rogue crept out of the mansion just before dawn and scurried to the garage with a set of car keys. She didn't relax until she was driving off the grounds and into town. The last three days had been a study in hedonistic torture and she was so pent up and sexually frustrated she could barely breath. Donella had brought her to the brink then left her hanging more times than she could count and Logan, with all his smoldering glances, his lascivious commentary and worse yet his wicked hands, had nearly sent her over the edge. But not quite.

She needed to get away from both of them for a bit. She changed direction and drove to a nearby lake and decided that a frigid lake swim would do her some good. She changed into the swim suit she always kept in the car and plunged into the icy waters gasping as she came up. The cold felt amazing against her over heated skin and she paddled around for a bit until her teeth started to chatter. She got out and changed out of her wet swim suit and leaned against the hood of the car letting the rising sun warm her. She felt more relaxed, less pent up, than she had in days. Her mind wandered to her plan and she was mildly annoyed to realize how far she and Donella had deviated from it.

Donella was supposed to help make Rogue unattainable. After all, Logan always seemed to want what he couldn't have if Jean was any indication. Therefore make it apparent to him that he couldn't have her and he would want her all the more. Donella, it seemed, had taken Rogues plan and entwined it with her own. Though what plan that was Rogue had no idea. She decided that it was time to reinstate her own goal of getting Logan. Now she just had to figure out how to accomplish that with Donella and Logan both getting her worked up to the point of mindless frustration.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Have you seen Rogue?" Donella asked slipping up next to Logan in the garden while he smoked one of his cigars.

He scowled. "Nope, thought she was with you."

"I haven't seen her all morning. Hope the girl hasn't gone running." Donella settled onto the bench next to Logan. He scowled at her.

"Why do you need to be right here?" He growled.

She shrugged. "Because I hate being alone." She replied.

"And I like being alone. For chrissake Donella I don't need you up my ass every second yer not with Rogue or one of the other lovers." Logan snapped.

Donella raised an eyebrow. "You're in a mood."

He huffed and glared out at the garden. Truth be told he was getting heartily sick of Donella and the Mansion. He couldn't remember the last time he'd been by himself without someone intruding on his space. He was also getting heartily sick of watching Donella with Rogue. The burning coal in the pit of his stomach was reaching meteoroid proportions and if he didn't find a way to quench it soon he was going to snap. He noticed Donella was leaned back staring at the ground pensively and he groaned inwardly. Donella was at her most dangerous when she was thinking seriously. He knew she seemed like an air head with sex on the brain but the woman was cunning as a snake and dangerous when she was absolutely focused.

"Are you gonna lay claim to her any time this decade." She finally asked.

He froze for a moment then turned to look at her. She was looking back at him with a serious expression. Her big blue eyes solemn. He sighed. "I ain't claiming her. She's not baggage Donella."

Donella pursed her lips in annoyance. "Look Logan. She's yours. She wants you so bad it hurts and damn it if you don't do something about it I'm going to claim her."

Logan stared at her, she was being completely serious. "What?"

"You're not deaf or stupid Logan. She's wonderful. To be honest I haven't been with anyone else but you and her in the last week. Hell I might not even need you if this keeps up. But I'm not stupid. She'll hold out for you till the day she dies." She sighed and scuffed the dirt moodily. "Why don't you want her anyway?"

He chewed on his cigar thoughtfully for a moment. "Cause she deserves someone who isn't such a grumpy old cuss." He replied.

Donella suddenly laughed. It was a rich happy sound that made him smile as well. He realized with a bit of a shock that this was the first time he'd heard Donella laugh. And he'd spent the last three months with her. She'd chuckled a time or two but never laughed. "Logan. She loves you because you're a grumpy cuss. She loves everything about you."

He leaned back a little and watched her. Up to this point he'd always considered Donella to be a happy little nympho with a penchant for game playing. It hadn't occurred to him that she was not as happy as she seemed. Donella stood and kissed him on the top of the head. "Look just think about it ok? She really loves you."

He watched her walk away and thought about their conversation. He finished the cigar and stood decisively. He heard a car pull up to the garage and looking over he saw Rogue step out into the sun. She looked radiant and the smile she flashed him was a truly happy one. She waved at him then went into the mansion. He smiled as he watched her go his mind made up.
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review!!