Author's Chapter Notes:
In which we find out that Donella plays both teams and Rogue has a plan. Don't like bisexuality don't read.
"Welcome to the Institute Donella." Xavier greeted her once Logan and Rogue had left.

Donella smiled. "Thanks. To be honest I'm really not the joining type but Logan said I should give it a shot so..."

"Well we certainly won't make you join us. What exactly is your mutation in any case?" Xavier asked.

"I have complete control over the elements of air and water." She replied.

She shifted smoothly into a completely liquid state. She looked like a woman made of water and he could see the crystal clear liquid shift and undulate but her surface tension was absolute. She shifted back smoothly then became only slightly visible but he could see her faintly. He could however feel her. The air pressure where she was standing was intense and he had the impression of a carefully contained tornado. She shifted back and smiled. "I've spent years working on my control. And I can't be frozen in my liquid state."

"Very impressive. Perhaps later you can demonstrate your tactical abilities in the Danger Room. For now why don't we show you to a room."

She smiled. "I'd like that."
----------------------------------------------------------

After she'd settled in she located Logan. He was sitting in the garden smoking when she settled down next to him. "This place is great. How come you spend so much time on the road if you've got a place like this to come home to?"

He gave a snort. "So I still have a place to come home to."

She chuckled. "Yeah I saw your door. Didn't want anyone stealing your room?"

"It worked didn't it?"

She nudged his arm with her shoulder. "Hey, How come you don't call me darlin' anymore? You haven't since we got past the front gate."

He growled lightly and puffed his cigar. "Dunno."

She stretched and her shirt rode up over a flat toned belly. "I bet I know. I bet her name is Rogue."

He growled at her and she laughed. "Oh yeah. Her name is Rogue. She's a cute kid, all big brown eyes and innocence. So cute, too bad she hasn't figured out how to use any of it."

"She can't touch." He replied shortly.

Donella smirked. "Oh yes she can. She just hasn't thought it through and figure out a way around it. Hell I could teach her a few ways around it. She's cute enough and I like the innocent ones."

She got up and turned to head back up to the Mansion when Logan grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "You leave her alone Donella."

She leaned in towards him and he could smell the crisp smell of mountain water and ozone. "Why? Worried I'll taint her?"

"She's not yours to taint." He growled.

"Is she yours then? Didn't look like it." Donella replied in an offhanded way that made Logan very suspicious, Donella was a game player and a raging nympho who didn't care if she slept with a man or woman so long as she got to have sex with someone.

He pulled her in closer his fingers tightening. He smelt her arousal spike. "Don't play your games with Rogue."

"Who will I play with then?" She asked.

They were about an inch apart and Logan felt himself reacting to her, the way he always reacted to her, she appealed to the Wolverine. "You can play with me, or any of the single guys but stay away from Rogue."

"Ohh. So I won't be all yours then?"

"I know better." He pulled her down onto his lap and kissed her firmly hoping to distract her from Rogue.
----------------------------------------------------------

Rogue watched them kissing in the garden from the library window and saw red. She wanted to yank the blonds curly hair out by the roots but she forced herself to be calm. Logan's conquests never lasted long and this time around Rogue had what she hoped was a fool proof plan to win Logan's heart for good. She just hoped Donella didn't turn out to be homophobic.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review!