Story Notes:
A little competition does the heart good.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Meet my Original Character Donella. I love her but she can be a tease. I own nothing but her. *tears*
I figure Jean is a little overused so here's my competition for Logan's affections.
Set in an AU X2 typish timeframe. I like to pretend X3 never happened and killing Jean in X2? What was that all about?
Rogue heard the low rumble of Logan's bike coming up the drive and grinned. It had been a while since he'd come home last. She tossed her book aside and hurried to the front door. "Logan!" She exclaimed and launched herself at him for a bone crushing hug.

He grinned down at her. "Hey Kid. Miss me?"

"Nah." She teased grinning at him.

The grin didn't last long when she caught sight of the woman coming in just behind him. She was a small woman with a mass of curly blond hair and huge blue eyes set in a petite heart shaped face. She glanced up at Logan, he looked behind him at the blond then at Rogue. "This is Donella. New X-men recruit." He explained and Rogue felt her heart start again.

"Nice to meet ya." Rogue said extending a gloved hand.

Donella smiled and it nearly dazzled Rogue. "Nice to meet you too." She replied.

They stood in an awkward semi circle for a moment then the Professor wheeled into sight and Logan diverted everyone's attention to him and made an escape. Rogue noticed how Donella's eyes followed him until he was gone. She pursed her lips and made a note to keep an eye on the little blond.
----------------------------------------------------------

Logan strode up the hall towards his old room just as Jean came out of her room. She straightened her back and prepared to fend off innuendo and advances but sagged in surprise when Logan simply walked by her. She felt a small pang of disappointment but suppressed it quickly and hurried down to the main hall.

Logan dropped his duffel-bag on the bed and started to unpack his thoughts straying to Rogue. It seemed like every time he left she changed in some drastic way while he was gone, even if it were only for a week. This time she'd apparently changed her wardrobe to include some more accentuating cloths and he'd found himself lingering a little too long on some of her curves when Donella had come up behind him. He glared at the shirt he was holding. Hell if he knew what he felt for her. He'd seen her wrap men and women around her fingers with just a single smile then send them packing with another smile. She was a wild card and he couldn't deny being attracted but then he came home and saw Rogue and her steady fire attracted him just as much.
He jammed the shirt into the drawer and leaned against the wall for a moment before pushing away and heading back downstairs.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review!