Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a short chapter, and I promise that I will have longer ones... I just didn't want to have too much in this chapter. I'm still figuring out what I wanna do with this story. Enjoy :D
It had only taken Rogue a few minutes to recollect herself. She put on the sweat pants she pulled out, unwrapped her long hair from the towel letting them fall in to damp ringlets, pulled the tank top over her head and walked into the bathroom again. She hung the 2 wet towels over the shower rod to dry and defogged the mirror with a swipe of her hand. Her emerald eyes gazed at her face. In four years she had gone from the fun-loving girl with a million smiles for one person to a woman who looked like she had aged with wisdom and years of painful experiences. It was the same girl who had looked into the same mirror after long nights between the sheets with the Wolverine. It was the same woman who looked into the same mirror every morning after her son had stayed up until the wee hours of the morning crying his little heart out.

Marie wasn't soft anymore. She had callosed over the years. Didn't smile nearly as often as she had in her youth. The little things didn't make her grin like an idiot anymore. She had learned to roll with the painful punches life jabbed at her. It gave her strength... or so she thought.

One sudden appearance from Logan and her world had flipped around. He came back. Out of the fuckin' blue. Was she supposed to be prepared to see him again? If she was, then she got the short end of the damn stick. Hell, she didn't even get a damn stick. If he thinks that she is going to fall into his arms again and be willing to be the love-struck Marie he used to know... that fucker had another thing coming. Marie smiled deviously to herself in the mirror before turning and leaving the bathroom.

She noticed her cell phone on the bed side table as she walked past it. Swooping it up she opened it and started going through her contact list. She stared at Barbara's number for a few moments before hitting the call button and putting the phone to her ear. 4 rings and Barbara's voice came from the phone.

"Hey Barbara, it's Marie."

"Oh hi! So did you decide if you're coming with the girls and I tonight or not?"

"Yeah. Ah need a night out with some gals who are in mah kinda situation. Maybe Ah'll get lucky an' meet a guy."

"Great! I was going to get in the shower and finish getting ready after I make the kids dinner. So meet us at the Blue Moon at 8?"

"Sure. That's notta problem." Marie smiled to herself.

"I'll text you when I leave."

"Alrighty."

"See you soon then."

"Bye."

"Bye."

The phone snapped close with a sound of finality. The clock on the night stand read 5:23pm. 2 1/2 hours. That would be plenty of time to get ready, see Draven for a little while and have someone put him to bed for her.

She flipped open the phone again and punched in a number she memorized years ago as she quickly turned into the bathroom again. As it rang, Rogue opened the cupboard under the sink and pulled out her hot rollers set and set it on the sink.

"Yellow?"

"Jubes, d' ya still got that black bombshell in ya closet with the matching shoes?"

"Yeah Chicka, why?"

"Ah'm goin' out tonight an' Ah need t' make mahself look hot."

"Are we talkin I need a tall glass of ice water in my pants or something that would melt the devil's eyebrows off?"

"Both."

"Damn Chicka You're serious."

"As a heart attack."

"Is Wolvie going to like this idea of you going out tonight?"

"Like Ah give a fuck?"

It's amazing how easily Rogue could see the shit-eating grin on her face over the phone.

"Okay Chicka. You want my help?"

"Ah'll give ya 10 minutes t'getcha ass in mah room."

"I'll be there in 6."

"That's mah Jubes."

"Yeah yeah yeah."

"Bye."

Again she snapped her phone closed. Quickly she plugged in the hot rollers and grabbed one of her big brushes, setting her attention on her hair.

To hell with Logan. She was going to live her life the way she wanted to. And she was going to do it while looking sexy as hell.
Chapter End Notes:
Leave me comments! How'm I doing guys??