The rays of the early morning sun crept through the curtains of the room and blinded my closing eyes. Fuck. I open one eye slowly. Just a crack to be sure that it's morning. I have nothing but bitter thoughts about the sleep I got the previous night. It was one of the eyes where you exhaust yourself so much that you pass out and by morning your body is craving more sleep. I slept for 6 hours and it feels like I had only 10 damn minutes. My eyes open fully to my dismay. They are sore and probably red from the crying I did last night. I sit up and look over to my son's bed. He's gone.

2 seconds of panic flow through me before I realize that he must have crawled out of bed and into mine sometime during the night. He's sleeping soundly to my right. My heart rate slows down a bit before I plop myself back down against the pillows. Being a panicky mom always sucks. She was always so paranoid that something was going to happen to her son. Their son. Damnit.

It was too God damn early in the morning to be thinking about Logan. Marie turned her head to the left and strained her neck so she could see the clock on the bedside table. 6:28 am. What day was today? Oh right. Sunday. Sunday's were normally full of chaos. They would leave in the afternoon and Draven and her would do their weekly shopping. Now a days he was growing like a weed and she had to get him new clothes every other week. She would occasionally buy things for herself. The necessities, but nothing that ever was just for her. Draven always came first.

Draven sighed and rolled over toward her, rubbing the night gook from his eyes. After a few moments he stopped and looked wide-eyed at his mother. "Mama!"

"G'mornin' sleepy-head." Amusement plainly on her face.

Draven giggled and pushed the covers away from him. His Batman pajamas twisted around him. He quickly moved and did a belly flop on Marie. "Oooff! Ya gettin' big Sugah!"

"Morning Mommy!"

She hugged her son as his head settled on her left shoulder, she lovingly stroked his hair and took in the scent of her offspring. "You ready to get dressed Little Man?"

He lifted his head and excitedly nodded.

Good Lord this child was going to run her ragged today, she could already tell.

"Okie Dokie, then lets getcha dressed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

25 minutes later Marie was carrying a well groomed and well dressed Draven down the stairs to the kitchen. He was rambling on and on about how much he wanted a batman outfit. That boy was always going on about superheros... if only he knew what his mother did before she started teaching...

Hank was always an early riser, despite the fact that it was a weekend. He was sipping a cup of coffee and reading the morning paper when they entered. He lifted his eyes from an article about mutant activists in the community and matched the huge grin that Draven had on his face. "You two are up rather early."

Marie set Draven down and he ran over to Hank and jumped into the seat next to Hank, "...Unfortunately." Marie grumbled.

"I just made a fresh pot of coffee." Setting the article down to pull out the comical panels that were in the paper for Draven.

"Hank, ya an angel."

"Don't say that around Warren." Humor rose into his eyes. "He might get offended."

A dry laugh escaped her lips as she tried to focus on her goal. Acquiring caffeine enough to make a coma patient want to get up and dance a jig.

"Hank. Rwead to me!" Draven looked up, eyes full of hope, to the gentle fuzzy blue man.

Looking down, he found a panel of Garfeild and enthusiastically read it to the child. The child looked at him in awe trying to understand why his owner was so mad at Garfield. When Hank explained it to him.

"He took his dinner! Jon was going to eat that! And the cat ate it!"

Draven clapped his hands and squealed with laughter.

By the time that his laughter died down, Rogue had made a huge cup of coffee and was forcefully trying to chug it down. Hank couldn't help but notice the dread that was flowing off of her body. "So what are you too planning to do today??"

Rogue put down her half empty giant glass of caffeine and sighed heavily. "Ah have a ton of errands t' run. Ah gotta get Draven sum m're clothes. Pick up a gift fer Ma's birthday. Go to the post office to send pictures of us t' mah parents. Ah was gunna go an' get some stuff fer mah classes... but Draven's gotta have his afternoon nap. Then Ah gotta prepare fer class next week."

If the huge circles under her eyes weren't an indicator that she was exhausted already then it must have been the fact that she was yawning between every other sentence. Poor girl.

"Well, I'm not going to be doing much this afternoon. I was just going to be in the lab going over paperwork for next week that I can put off. Why don't you leave Draven with me? I think I could keep him busy for several hours."

Marie's face lit up. "Really? Oh God Hank that would be a Godsend! You really don't mind?"

He chuckled. "I would love to spend the day with the little guy. That is," He turned his attention to Draven who was playing with his shoes. "If he would like to have a few hours of play time."

At the sound of 'play time' Draven's attention was caught and he started wiggling in his seat excitedly. "I'll take that as a yes." Hank folded the newspaper in it's original form before getting up.

Rogue rushed over and gave Hank a kiss on his cheek. "Thank you so much Hank. I need a day to get out. Maybe I'll get a facial or something..."

"Do whatever you need Sweetheart. I'll take care of him for the day and you can have you're little guy again after dinner. Is that okay?"

"That sounds perfect Sugah. As long as you think ya can handle him for 10 hours."

A grin swept over his face. "If I can't, Kurt will surely be of assistance." He picked up Draven from the seat and swung him upside down. Giggles bursted through the kitchen as her son was placed on hank's shoulders. It was an interesting sight to see a small child on a 'beast' of a man like Hank's shoulders tugging at his soft blue fur.

"GO HORSEY GO!"

Laughter could be heard all the way down the hall before the elevator doors closed.


Marie picked up her coffee cup again and sat down at the table, sipping her coffee in peace. It was hard being a single mother living in a mansion with tons of people. Being the independent and stubborn gal that she has always been, she never wanted to bother anyone with asking for help. Draven was a handful... Almost as much as his father.

Shit. No. Not today. "This is mah morning. And mah afternoon. Ah Ain't gunna sit 'round feelin sorry fer mahself or fer Draven. Ah'm gunna worry 'bout mahself today." She muttered to herself as she finished the last of her coffee and walked to the sink. Washing her cup quickly she decided to get out while she still had the offer on the table. Grabbing her purse and her car keys, she went down to the garage. Which car should she take?

She didn't need the Mini-van. Awe hell, the thought of stealing Scott's sports car is not worth getting the lecture when she returned. The black Jeep was staring her in the face. A smile curled on her lips as she ran a hand through her long auburn hair. The virginal white streaks fell in front of her eyes again as she maneuvered herself inside the vehicle.

Turning on the ignition she looked at the clock, 7:35am. Breakfast would be great about now. She pulled out of the garage and headed down the long winding driveway of Xavier's Institute. Turning left and going down the street, she wouldn't know for several hours that there was a distant rumble of a motorcycle coming from the right that is headed to the Mansion.
Chapter End Notes:
Daddy's comin' home, and it sin't gunna be pretty. Comments are welcome!

Sorry for not posting recently guys. I've had massive writer's block.