Author's Chapter Notes:
Song is "Don't Trust Me" by 3Oh!3. I hope you like the Twist!
“Do you have any idea where we are?” Rogue muttered under her breath as she sat down against a tree. She was fiddling with her ring and it wasn’t lifting her mood.

Logan shrugged. He could easily figure out where they were but he didn’t care. Jean and Scott were on their way. This trip didn’t plot out the way he wanted it at all. And it was already over with this dip shit here.

“I’m gonna go look around.” She called over her shoulder. “I’ll be back in ten minutes.”
Logan was in the jet, looking around for some tools but couldn’t find anything. But he didn’t hear her.

As soon as Rogue was out of sight Gambit wandered over and sat down next to Logan. “So you’re into her huh?” he prodded.

Logan’s dark glare barely flickered in acknowledgement. “I don’t want to discuss this with you.”

Gambit nodded looking around. “Well, what’s this guy of hers like?”

“Look, all I want is for this trip to be over and you to be out of my hair.”

“Don’t you worry about her? Wandering into the woods like that?” He crossed his legs in front of her.

“What?” Logan demanded.
“Yeah. She said she’d be back in ten. Is that not okay?” He faked a look of mock horror.
He glared at him. “You stay here. I’ll go find her.”
Gambit laughed. “Yes. That’s exactly that our rescuers should find. Me alone and you two lost in the forest. I’ll go find her. She’ll be fine, she seems the type that can fend for herself for ten minutes.”
Logan growled. “Fine. Go.”

“Mon Cheri,” Gambit called through the forest. “Marie?” He looked around but all he saw were trees. “Rogue?”
“Gambit!” her voice called. “Gambit help me!”
He ran forward, looking around desperately to find her on the ground, unconscious. “Rogue!” he yelled. He kneeled over her before he saw movement in front of him.

He hadn’t seen anyone else in the forest. But from behind the tree stepped out... another Rogue.
“Mystique.” He hissed. “What are you doing here? And what did you do to her?”
“Oh calm down lover boy. She didn’t see me. A light bonk on the head and she was out.”

“What do you want,” he muttered.
“Magneto sent me to tell you to hurry up.” She drawled nonchalantly. “Xavier would know if we got any closer to the mansion, so I had to tell you now.”

Gambit’s eyes narrowed. “You sabotaged the jet.”
She shrugged. “Not my doing. We only did it when you were unresponsive. But non-the-less. Get what you came for and leave.”
He nodded and looked down at Rogue on the ground. “Is she going to be okay?”

Mystique shrugged. “Who cares? You shouldn’t.”
He reached down and began to pick her up. “I’ve got to get back. He’ll start looking for me soon.”
“Fine. Contact us as soon as you get it.”

And she disappeared behind the trees.

Laying limp in his arms, ghostly white was Rogue. He held her closer against him and began walking back, trying to focus on his objective.

As he made his way into the clearing where the jet was located he looked up to see a helicopter making its way downward. He sighed and went to Logan’s side.

Logan glanced at Rogue in his arms but decided against making a big deal. It would only make everyone else more nervous. It was only when the helicopter door opened to reveal Bobby running forward that his nerves jumped.
“Oh shit.” He muttered.

“That her fiancé?” Gambit inquired.
“Unfortunately.”