“I spy with my little eye.....” Gambit said slowly. “Something that is white.”

Rogue sighed, her gaze flickering over to him. “You know that’s supposed to be a two player game right?”

“Well okay you can play if you really want to.” He smiled.

She let out a long breath before a high pitched noise interrupted. “Logan do you hear that” He looked around at the jet. This didn’t make any sense. It sounded like the one in his old truck... but that meant...

“I hear it too kid.” He said under his breath. The sound was increasing.

“What on earth could a beeping noise mean?” She hissed.

“Engine trouble?” Gambit supplied.

“Shut up and go charge a battery.” Rogue hissed glancing around at the many buttons beside the steering wheel. She always knew she should have learned how to operate this damn thing.

Gambit shrugged and got up looking around. “Where’s the engine?”

She glanced back at him and heard Logan’s huff of frustration. “We’re out of gas Marie.”

She sighed. “Don’t touch anything.” She called, undoing her seatbelt and following him.

He held up his hands in surrender. “Look, I might be able to fix it.”

She finally reached him and realized exactly how much taller than her he was. She came up to just above his elbows. He looked down at her. “We’re out of gas. You can’t fix that.”

A card was in his hand in a flash. “Wanna bet?”

Her teeth clenched. “You reckon I should trust you?” she murmured under her breath.

He smiled. “I’m not gonna kill you, if that’s what you mean.”

She rolled her eyes, trying to restrain a smile. “Sugar, you’d never get the chance.” She couldn’t believe she just created an inside joke with him.

Rogue led the way into the back room and down a ladder. He wandered over to a couple things and finally found a large engine. He glanced over at her. “May I?”

“You better not kill us with this.” She hissed.
He rolled his eyes at her. “I’m not a suicide bomber.”
“Then okay.” She nodded.

He laid one hand on it and closed his eyes, trying to sense exactly what it needed. Slowly, she began to see the slight haze of red covering it but nowhere near enough to make it explode.

“We’d better land soon.” He murmured.
“What?” she feared.
He shook his head. “That’s only gonna give us another ten minutes. There’s something wrong down there and I haven’t the ability nor control to fix it myself.” He shrugged.

“Oh.” She nodded and began to walk towards the ladder. He grabbed her wrist.
“Wait, Marie was it?” he said quietly.
“Yes?” she breathed, her gaze flickered down to her bare hand in his. She knew what she could do. But for some reason she didn’t want to.

“I have a feeling we won’t have a chance to be alone again for a while.” He murmured under his breath. “But I think we should get the chance to get to know each other.”

Her eyes widened.
This is ridiculous she couldn’t possibly, actually do this... “My room number in the mansion is eighty one.” With that she pulled her wrist from his grasp and continued up the ladder.
Chapter End Notes:
Comment!