Author's Chapter Notes:
Song is Taking Chances By Celine Dion.
“What you’re saying is that there is a way to cope with the humans rather than kill them all?” Gambit muttered raising a sceptical eyebrow.

Rogue’s eyes narrowed. “I suppose so. You just have to understand that it’s as new to us as it is to them... if we can’t be rational about what is happening then how can we expect them to be?”

He shrugged. “You drive a good point kid. Sorry how old are you?” he asked innocently.
She pursed her lips. “I’m twenty one.”

“And what you expect of me is to... come back to wherever the hell you and your giant steroid came from and hear the rest of the argument?” he continued.

Rogue nodded. “So will you come back with us?”
He shook his head smiling. “Baby if it means I can spend some more time with you then of course I will.”
She realized what he was getting at and gave him a look. “I’m engaged.” She pointed at her ring.
He laughed. “Engaged. Not married.”
She rolled her eyes. “Whatever, you coming or not?” she said getting up.
“Lead the way Mon Cheri.” He murmured under his breath.

Gambit sat down in one of the back seats and stretched his legs out in front of him on the chair that was there. Rogue and Logan sat up front, she could barely hear Logan muttering swears underneath his breath.

As they gained speed and got to a good altitude she heard Gambit. “Hey, you don’t got nothing to drink back here do yah?”

Wolverine had some satisfaction when he heard her teeth click together out of annoyance. She undid her seatbelt and walked back to show him the fridge they had.
She walked past him and opened it up leaning over, not realizing he was checking her out from behind. “It looks like your choices are orange juice, soda or milk.” She glanced back at him. “Anything look good?”

His gaze flickered to hers with a smile. “A lot looks good from back here.” He grinned but when she ignored the comment he continued. “But I’m curious. What’s your ability?”
She stood up straight and walked back, sitting down beside him. “You don’t want to know.”
He rolled his eyes. “No, I do.”
Rogue rolled her eyes. “Are you gonna shut up for the rest of the trip if I tell you?”

The corner of his lip twitched. “Nope. Very unlikely.”
She took a deep breath. “Fine.” She muttered. “I’ll just have to show you.” She leaned forward and to her surprise he didn’t budge, but there was a smile on his lips as she lifted his chin with one finger and pressed her lips against his.

It took him a moment to understand exactly what was happening to him. The energy flowed freely out of him, far easier than everyone else was. There was so much more than anyone else as well. But when she finally pulled away he flopped limply against his chair.

She wiped her mouth and walked up to sit beside Logan again.

“Was that really necessary?” he muttered.
She shrugged. “Sorry, I guess it was just me that didn’t want to listen to him talk for the entire trip. My apologies.
It was when he laughed that she knew she was on his good side again.
Chapter End Notes:
Please tell me what you think!