Author's Chapter Notes:
Song - This Love by Maroon Five
Logan leaned forward, pulling her closer against him as he kissed her. His hands were just lifting her shirt when she pulled away. “Now isn’t the time Logan.”

He sighed. “Harsh.” He muttered. “Like back at the mansion would be a better time. Or after you’re done being a blushing bride. I could live with a hot steamy affair every so often.”

Marie giggled slightly taking his hand and pulling him up to the driver’s seat again. “Come on. We’re close to where we have to be anyways. See? We should start descending.”

“Okay miss pushy.” He muttered frustrated.

“Seatbelt.” She called over to him but his eyes were focused dead ahead.

“Just shut up for the next ten minutes Rogue.” He muttered.

She knew to keep her mouth shut when he used that tone of voice. Below though, she looked down to see where they were headed. In the middle of the mountains and the forest there was a log cabin, smoke was coming out of it but there was no sign of a nearby car. They slowly lowered onto the ground, the wind disturbing the trees around them.

As they walked off the Jet she saw him at the entrance of the cabin, his bare arms folded across his chest, leaning against the doorframe casually with far too much self confidence.

“I’ll go first.” Logan muttered to her holding out a hand to keep her back.

She rolled her eyes and continued forward.

“Well, well, well.” The man drawled with a slight chuckle in his voice. “If It’d had known I’d be getting company, Remy would have bought some Doritos.”

Rogue tried to remember the name that the professor had given her but nothing came to mind. She sighed annoyed she couldn’t remember.

“Hi, my name’s Rogue. Can we talk?” she said trying to sound calm and friendly.

He raised one eyebrow with a smile. “You’ll have to ask your body guard. Wow you look pissed Mr. Testosterone.”

“Logan, take it down a notch for just a minute?” Rogue hissed. “What’s your name?” she called.

He snickered. “Gambit,” His gaze flickered back to Logan. “Geez, what’s wrong with you? Didn’t get to join the mile high club?”

“So you’re telepathic?” Logan growled.

"Gambit just guessed big boy." He couldn’t restrain his laughter as he pulled a deck of cards out of his pocket and flipped through till he found the ace. “No, my ability is far more... energetic.”

The card in his hand began to glow faintly of red around the outside and with a quick flick of his wrist the card went flying into the air and exploded like a mini-bomb.

Rogue smiled. “That’s cool.” She said it quiet enough that only Logan could hear her.

He wandered over to her and folded his arms across his chest. “Don’t get too excited kid. I don’t trust him.”
“You don’t trust anyone.” She muttered walking forward to Gambit who smiled flirtatiously at her.
“I trust you. So you better make the right decision here.” He hissed.

Gambit raised an eyebrow. “So why am I privileged with your presence on this fine day Miss. Rogue?”
She shrugged. “A business proposition.”
“Well you’ve sparked a curiosity in me, but can your friend wait outside while we discuss this?”
She glanced back at Wolverine. He wasn’t exactly rolling out the welcome wagon. “You reckon I should trust you?”

Gambit snorted. “I won’t hurt you if that’s what you mean.”
Rogue rolled her eyes as she walked into his cabin. “Sugar, you wouldn’t get the chance.”