Author's Chapter Notes:
The song is by the Pogues. "Love you till the end."
Rogue pulled her gloves on before she left the room, not wanting to deal with any questions when she was about to go on a mission. Everyone needed to be focused, especially her. She’d tell everyone when she got back.

Logan was waiting leaning against the wheel of the X-jet with one bag. He packed light, as always. She on the other hand had four bags. Everything was sorted into her bathroom bag with towels and lotions, her entertainment bag, with books and her madlibs, her weapons bag and her necessities bag with clothing and all that.

She had just heard her phone ringing when she tried to reach it, juggling all four bags and inevitably, one dropped in front of her foot and she flew head over heels onto the ground.

Rogue let out an angry cry and closed her eyes, letting her head lean against the floor. “You okay there clumsy?” He laughed.

She opened her eyes to see him leaning over her, upside down in her perspective.

Something pounded her heart hard against her chest when she saw him so close to her. She closed her eyes again. What was she thinking? She had a fiancé now! She was simply getting weird feelings. It’s normal. This is how it feels to be engaged. Every man is now off limits. That’s why Logan suddenly seemed more attractive.

She wasn’t sure if she was only trying to convince herself this.

He held out a hand to help her up and he grabbed three of her bags without any trouble. She felt useless again and sighed as she grabbed the other bag and quickly followed him onto the jet.

“I hope you got something interesting to talk about.” Logan muttered as he turned it on.

She couldn’t help but laugh. “You could say that.”

***Three Hours Later***

“So wait, you’re saying that Scott and Jean don’t ever... y’know...”

“Fuck?” he filled in for her. “Nah. Never. I would know. I’m only one room over, not that I need them that close to hear what’s going on in the majority of the mansion’s rooms.”

“Wow.” She murmured. “So they are like an old married couple.”

“Marriage does that to people.” He said nonchalantly putting the jet on autopilot.

“What do you mean?” she asked, trying not to sound too curious.

“I mean after you get married... there’s not much to look forward do. You’re married and that’s it. Most guys get tangled in because they want to do the girl in the first place. Nowadays? Everyone bangs anyways.”

“Oh please.” She muttered angrily. “There’s tons to look forward to.”

“Name one thing.” He challenged.

“Like every morning you’ll wake up and see that person.” She smiled to herself “And know that no matter what, they’ll be there for you. When you love someone... you just want to spend the rest of your life with them. You’re telling me you’ve never been with someone that you wouldn’t mind spending forever with?”

Logan stared into her eyes for a long time. “Never.” He muttered.

“Well then you’re really missing out.” She sighed.

They were silent a while, staring out the window at the passing clouds. “So how long do you plan on hiding that rock from me Marie?” He murmured slowly.

She bit her lip. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

He snorted. “I think you do.” When she didn’t answer he rolled his eyes and stood up and threw her over his shoulder, then pinning her onto the ground. All the while laughing she tried to fight him off, smacking him slightly and pulling his hair.
He locked both her wrists to her sides and gently pulled off one of her leather gloves to reveal the ring.
“That’s what I thought.” He murmured slowly.

“Logan I—I” she began

“You don’t owe me an explanation.” He murmured rolling onto his side, beside her.

“Yes I do.” She said quietly. “I—I think I do because for so long I believed that you had some form of feelings for me. It’s ridiculous I know... but I thought it was true. After all this time though? After being with Bobby and hoping you’d speak up... I know now that that dream was never gonna happen.”

She glanced over at him when he didn’t reply. He was just staring at the ceiling.

“You have got to be kidding me.” He murmured after what seemed like an eternity.

“What?” she said surprised.

He took a deep breath. “I had convinced myself not to intervene because I thought you were with him because that was what you wanted. I would never get in the way of what you want because all that I want is for you to be happy.”

Rogue sat up and turned to him laying on the floor. She leaned over him and laid one hand on the side of his face. “I’d always be happy with you.” She whispered, and leaned in pressing her lips against his.