Author's Chapter Notes:
God DAMMIT I hate Bobby.

Song is "Will you Marry Me" by John Berry
Rogue threw another sweater into her small duffle bag. It wasn’t going to be a long trip but she packed three days worth of clothing. She grabbed a book and put it in too just in case. Logan didn’t like to talk. It would be a long flight out there.

There was a knock at her door.
“Yeah? Come in.” She called going to her bathroom to grab her toothbrush.

She came back to find Bobby closing the door behind him. “Hey,” she smiled warmly. He was holding a box. She looked at it oddly.
“I got it for you for your trip.” He smiled back at her and set it on the bed. “Go on, open it.”

Rogue bit her lip. She knew that he was nervous about her going up north with Logan alone but he had been really good about it. Barely mentioned it once.

She lifted the lid off and looked inside. She laughed as soon as she saw it. “Madlibs. That’s fantastic. Thank you!” She went to hug him.

He backed up rolling his eyes. “Look underneath them Rogue.”

She mashed her lips together sheepishly. “Right.” She murmured grabbing the book and looking underneath. There was a velvet box.

Her pulse was quickening. Oh god. She knew they had discussed it for after they graduated but it had already been two years since graduation and they hadn’t even though about...

Timidly, she reached forward and held the box in the palm of her hand. She closed her eyes and opened it.

Nestled right there in the velvet fabric was a shimmering diamond with gold around it. She gasped and nearly dropped it as her other hand reached to cover her mouth.
For the first time she looked over at him to see him down on one knee.

“I was thinking...” he began “That you and I have been really good lately, and I know that you want to go to school and become a teacher here at the mansion and I want to stay close to home too, but only if I can be with you here.”
Her eyes widened. She couldn’t believe this was happening.

“So, Anna Marie. Will you marry me?”

“Yes!” she choked out in little more than a squeal.

He leapt to his and automatically pulled her into his arms. “I love you.” He whispered into her ear.
Chapter End Notes:
Tell me what you think!