Author's Chapter Notes:
Song is Don't Cry by Guns N' roses.
“Please professor! We have to go back and help him!” Rogue demanded angrily.

Xavier shook his head. “I’m sorry Rogue, but I will not put the X-men in danger to save the man who threatened to destroy the school. He’s a killer. You have to understand that.”

“I’ll go alone then.” She hissed.
“You’re not going anywhere.” Logan interrupted finally.
“But he saved my life! We have to do something!” Rogue pleaded.
“A life for a life.” Logan said quietly. “He was the one who put you in danger Rogue, not you. It was very responsible of him to do so but one good act cannot redeem a lifetime of damage.”

“You would know.” She hissed to Logan.
In response his eyes were hurt. And she regretted the sting immediately, but she had not the time to take it back.

“Rogue, you’re officially under probation.” The professor murmured. “Until all this gets sorted out and we find a suitable punishment for your lack of action the other day, you will be under full surveillance by Logan.”

“You have got to be kidding me!” she screamed and stormed from the office. She had made it halfway down the hallway before she knew that Logan was following her.

“Rogue!” he called after her. She glanced back to see him jog forward to be by her side. “I know that this is hard for you, and believe me it’s been hard on a bunch of us. But for now... all I want is you to know how happy I am that you’re back.” His hands were on her shoulders, holding her in front of him .

“Yeah I can tell you’re real happy.” She muttered. “Why don’t you go and tell Jean?”

His hands dropped to his sides. “What’s that supposed to mean?” he demanded.

“Look, I saw you leave the winter formal with her okay?” she admitted, but her voice was angry. “I’m happy for you, really.”

“Don’t give me that.” He growled. “You’re engaged. Don’t act like I should wait for you to dump ice prick.”

She glared at him. “He cheated on me with Kitty while you and I were gone. It’s over. Engagement’s off. But it happened after you fucked ‘Jeanie’ so I guess I can’t complain huh?” Rogue started to storm away.

“I didn’t sleep with her.” Logan called after her.

She froze. “What?” she turned around slightly.
He walked forward till he was right in front of her. “I said I didn’t sleep with Jean.”
“You...” she whispered.

He shrugged. “I couldn’t do it.” He confided. “I sort of knew something was wrong when I was thinking of you while kissing her.”

Rogue’s mouth dropped open. “Really?”
“Really.” He smiled.
She mashed her lips together. “I’m sorry.” She whispered. He pulled her into his arms. Where it felt right.

They had started walking back to Logan’s room when they heard the screaming.
“Marie” a voice called. She felt Logan’s chest swell with anger. “Marie!”

She started to rush towards the entranceway of the mansion to see Gambit leaning against the banister, barely able to stand. Beside him was Ororo continuing to say things along the lines of “You shouldn’t be here.” And “You’d better leave.”

When he saw her at the top of the stairs he nearly smiled. “Remy!” she gasped when she saw his condition.

He was covered in soot and other debris that must have been in the air when the building had collapsed. She hurried to his side immediately. “Are you alright?” she breathed.

“Remy is fine.” He murmured. “I had to make sure that you... that you were okay.” He grunted and leaned over, clutching his stomach. When he pulled his hand away there was blood on it.

“You’re bleeding!” She breathed out in surprise and sudden worry.
He shook his head. “Do not worry about me. Remy will be fine.” He took a deep breath, coughing slightly. “But I have to leave now, before I lead them here.”

“What?” She said slowly.
“Magneto fled when the building exploded. I don’t know where he’ll strike next. But tell the professor Remy is sorry... I couldn’t get that special helmet that keeps him from hitting his head on the special bus out in time.”

Rogue smiled slightly. She couldn’t help it.
“Where will you go?” She whispered.

“You’ll hear from me as soon as I figure it out myself.” His gaze turned up the stairs suddenly and he closed his eyes. “Good luck with Mr. Testosterone. You got a good guy there.”

Tears started to flood her eyes. “Goodbye Remy.” She whispered.
Chapter End Notes:
Last Chapter is next!

To the readers,

I know I've been able to get these other chapters out pretty fast but I need a friends help for the more... we'll say physical aspects of the story. I'll get the ending up ASAP and I'll try to make it long because I love extended endings... but anyways. Logan, Remy, Bobby and Rogue. I'm still deciding who she'll get. I like surprises, I hope you do too.

Love always,

Abby.