Author's Chapter Notes:
Song is - Hate that I love you, by Rihanna.
Gambit glanced to Rogue, she wouldn’t look at him. He sighed as he walked over to her and kneeled in front of her. Her eyes remained staring lifelessly on the floor.
“Please Rogue.” He whispered. “Look at me.” She closed her eyes and finally opened them to glare at him weakly. “Please listen to me.” He pleaded setting his hands on her legs. In response to his touch, she felt goose bumps arise. And she hated herself for them.

He closed and opened his eyes slowly. “I only gave you one pill. Your powers will return soon.” He whispered, barely loud enough for her to hear. His jaw clenched. “You only have about another hour or less before it wears out.”
“Why?” she murmured. “Why did you tell Magneto that you...”

“I lied chere. Difficult to understand?” He said sarcastically, reaching behind her.

“Why did you do it Remy.” She whispered.

“Because Remy still got some hope for humanity.” He snickered “Or Mutanity I suppose.” He said with a smile.
“Remy LeBeau.” She said shaking her head. “Still making jokes?”

“Always Mon Chere.” He leaned in and gently pressed his lips against hers. “See you in the after math.” He walked out carrying a long metal staff, his long brown jacket hanging around his calves. “Get out of here Marie.”

“I—” She had started to say ‘I can’t’ but she hadn’t realized that he undid her ropes. “Remy—” she called out after him standing up. He turned around only slightly ,she could barely see his eyes. “Thanks.” She exclaimed, out of breath.
He tipped his hat to her, his hair falling messily past his ears, and disappeared around the corner.

Had she realized then what he had just sacrificed for her she never would have let him go, but it was too late now. She knew that as she hurried down the hall as the building shook from another ‘bomb.’

Only a few guards got in her way as she struggled to find an exit. Luckily Logan had already been training her long enough not to rely on her abilities. Those kick boxing courses finally paid off. And explosive went off nearby. The third one she had heard.
She rushed down the stairs even faster, trying desperately to stay upright. But she was dizzy and could barely keep her head on straight. There was too much going on at once.

Something else exploded up above her again. There were so many. She hated herself for hoping that he was alright. But if Magneto got his hands on him, she knew there would not be much hope. He needed help.

When she finally made it out of the building she looked around and there was nothing and no one. It appeared she was in some sort of a deserted city. It was only when she heard the familiar sound of a motorbike that she knew that she was safe.
Chapter End Notes:
Comment!