Author's Chapter Notes:
The song- Time is Running Out, by Muse. Love that song.
“I can’t believe I trusted you.” She hissed under her breath, walking down the hallway. Her hands were bound behind her now, the threat was if she took them off someone in the school would die.

“Don’t be too hard on yourself Chere.” He consoled. “You ended up being far more fun than all the others. Believe me.” He smiled.

She turned around and glared at him. “You knew that Bobby was cheating on me didn’t you?”
He shrugged. “I had an idea about it. You’re day and she’s night. I’m guessing you’re easier to put up with than her. But you really never slept with him? Why?”

“That’s none of your business.” She muttered angrily stepping into the elevator. He followed her in.
“No honestly, I’m curious. Because he’s missing out.” He added as the door opened and they walked into the new hall. The walls were metallic, plated like tiles scaling up them all around.

They approached a large door. One which looked like a bank vault but even harder to open. She gestured to it. “It’s in there. But there’s nothing I can do after this point. Only the professor can get in.”

Gambit gave her an annoyed look. “Bull shit. You’ve got the worst poker face in history. I know you’ve got Mystique’s ability okay? Just open it.”

She glared at him. “I hate you.” She muttered and turned to the scanner.
“Okay that was the truth.” Gambit admitted. With a quick ray of light, it opened with a loud click.
“What do you want from in here?” she said looking around.

“The helmet.” He muttered. “Magneto wants something from it.”
“Of course you’re working with that filthy scum.” She mumbled.
“Just go get it.”

“Fine.”

They were on their way back to the main entrance now, him holding the metal, irregular shaped helmet and her getting dragged along, his hand wrapped around her arm.
“So it makes sense now. The whole at night thing. You knew no one would be up.” She realized.
“Bingo.” He agreed. “However, the fun with you was not planned. It was a lovely bonus for Remy.”

“Fuck off.” She spat. They were at the door then. “Well I’d say it was nice knowing you but it wasn’t. Bye.”
“Wait.” He said, grabbing her and pulling her back. “You have to take this.”

“What is that?” she demanded.
“No questions. Take it or I blow up the school.” He ordered. She popped the pill into her mouth. He watched and took a moment before he spoke. “You’d really do anything for those people in there?”
“They’re my family. It’s better me than them.” She told him.

“Well, that pill suspends your powers for forty eight hours. Better you than them.” He grabbed her arm and started to pull her away.
“Wait what are you doing?” she gasped trying to pull away without any success.

“You’re coming with me. You know too much.” He continued down the stairs.

Suddenly the sound of metal clinging sounded through the air. “Let her go.” Logan growled.

“Back off mutt or I’ll blow up the school.” Gambit threatened at the sight of his claws.

“Logan don’t!” Rogue gasped.

“I’ll live. You won’t.” Wolverine grunted.

“Fine.” Gambit muttered pulling her against him. Her entire body began to glow red completely. “Do you want me to turn her into a human bomb?” he laughed. “You wanted to see what would happen to people Marie, you can see it first hand.”

“Don’t call me Marie.” She hissed darkly, her arms locked behind her.

“Look brute.” Gambit called to Wolverine as they backed towards the front gate where a large RV pulled up. “If you come any closer, she’ll die. If you follow us, she’ll die. If you piss Remy off, you die. If Remy were you I wouldn’t do any of those things.

He turned back and opened the door to the RV and threw her inside. He glanced back at Logan who was standing there, frozen. Unsure of what to do. “By the way, she was an excellent lay.”

The last thing he heard was Wolverine's growl.
Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think!