Author's Chapter Notes:
The Song is "Take A Bow" by Rihanna.
Rogue pulled on some tight jeans and a zip up sweater. Her hair was loose, hanging around her shoulders and down her back. He was sitting on her bed, putting on his shoes.

She took a deep breath. And glanced over to him. He smiled at her. “Do you want me to show you where you’re staying?” she asked pulling on her leather gloves.

He shrugged with a smile. “Sure.” As they walked down the hallway he took her hand. He took a long deep breath. “Listen, can we talk for a second?”

She spun around almost too fast and nearly falling down but he caught her hand and pulled her to her feet. “Yeah,” she breathed.

“You need to show me where the room is.” He said slowly. There was great thought in his words.

Her eyebrows pulled together. “Why would you need to see...”

He opened his mouth to speak but there was a voice behind him. “Rogue?” she heard Bobby call. “Rogue what are you still doing up and around?”

“I uh—uh.” She stammered, trying to think. She was never a good liar.

“We just left the formal. She said she’d give me a tour of the mansion before she went to bed.” Gambit supplied, without hesitation.

Bobby glanced back to her, and she nodded. But then her eyes narrowed. “I thought you went to bed.” She whispered. He was still wearing his suit.

“I couldn’t sleep.” He muttered. Gambit snickered. “Fine, I’ll leave you two...” He started walking away to avoid more questions but another voice sounded down the hall.

“Bobby!” she called “Bobby you forgot your...” Kitty took one look at Gambit and Rogue. “Homework?”
Rogue took a deep breath. “What’s going on?”
Kitty skipped to his side. “She was bound to find out one day Bobby.” She chirped. “I told you to tell her as soon as she came back...”

“Shut up Kitty.” He interrupted angrily.
“Tell me what, exactly?” Rogue said, taking the time to frame each word with her mouth. There was a constant strain in her voice. She was obviously trying to keep control.
“Rogue calm down for just a second...” Bobby began.

“Tell you that he’d been sleeping around.” She began scanning her nails. “With me specifically. You couldn’t honestly think you could keep a guys attention when you weren’t putting out, did you?”

“Bobby!” Rogue screamed, her hands balling up into fists and her loose hair beginning to whip her face with the sudden breeze that flew through the hallways. She felt her legs lift off the floor, her eyes glowing completely white. The lights all down the corridor went out.

“Now hold on a moment Rogue—” Bobby began again.
Gambit was just trying to restrain a smile as he backed up and leaned against the wall. “Unless you got a good explanation kid, Remy would run if he were you.”

Bobby took one step back and held up his hand. A sparkling wall of ice began to build up between them. It was at least a foot thick from floor to ceiling and wall to wall. She lowered to the floor and took a deep breath before she reached through the wall and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. “You forgot that I had a bit of Kitty in me didn’t you?” She hissed and threw him backward.

She took a step back and stared at the wall finally calming herself down. To her right, she heard clapping.

Gambit smiled, clapping his hands together. “That sure was something Chere.” He murmured. “Now how bouts you show me where the room is?”

“You can’t be serious.” She hissed.
He pressed one hand against the wall. “Unless you want me to do something drastic to this here mansion, you should lead the way.”

She realized what he was threatening to do. She had already been experimenting with his power. He could charge the school, and if he did and let go, it would explode. It would kill everyone inside it.

“I thought you said I could trust you.” She whispered.

He smiled and walked closer to her, setting his hands on her shoulders and kneeling down till they were face to face. “I said I wouldn’t kill you. And I won’t. Yet.”
Chapter End Notes:
Gasp! Let me know what you think!