Author's Chapter Notes:
PLEASE! Please! Please listen to this song! It's the song that would be playing at the dance at the time of and it would really work in the backround while reading. So the song is by Three Doors Down called Let Me Go.
Rogue and Wolverine entered the grand hall, a song was just staring. They both recognized the beginning cords, tying to avoid the many eyes that turned to look at them. Somehow it seemed long awaited to see her on his arm like that, smiling as though everything was perfect.

Kitty sighed taking another swig of her champagne and setting down the empty glass on the table. Her short red dress was strapless, fitting around her curves perfectly, and she knew she looked fantastic.

Her gaze flickered to the doorway where she caught a glimpse of Rogue walking through the door with Logan. She couldn’t help but wonder what must have happened on that trip. A five hour plane ride, something had to have changed.

Kitty smiled as she realized. The way that he was looking at her was different. So something had happened. She was right to tell the professor she couldn’t go on that trip with Rogue, and suggesting Logan go instead had been an even better idea. A waiter walked by with a tray full of drinks and she grabbed another one, looking to her right to see Bobby approaching.

“Having a good time?” she chirped excitedly.
He grinned. “I am now.” His hand slid over her waist briefly, not long enough for anyone but her to notice as he passed by.

She struggled to breathe evenly. “Will I see you after the dance?”
His gaze lifted from the floor to meet her seductive one. “When I leave, wait ten minutes and then follow me.” When she nodded he started to walk away, headed towards Rogue.

Marie smiled when she saw him.
“I was beginning to think you weren’t coming.” Bobby confided as he leaned in and gently kissed her cheek.

“I considered it.” She admitted. “I’m not one for fancy dress parties.”

She heard Logan snicker beside her and head over to get a drink. “So how was that trip out there? That guy didn’t cause you too much trouble did he?”

“Not more than she can handle.” Gambit interrupted, with a smile.
“Some trust please Bobby,” she murmured to him.

“You must be the fiancé.” Gambit said sceptically looking down on him, significantly taller. “I pictured you differently.”

Rogue felt his hand in hers turn ice cold. “I hope I’m not too much of a disappointment.” He murmured.
Gambit shrugged. “Not to me.” He glanced over to Rogue who wouldn’t meet his gaze.

Bobby folded his arms across his chest, his eyes flickering to Rogue’s coldly. “Would you like a drink?” She nodded and he walked briskly away.

She huffed. “That wasn’t necessary Gambit.” She hissed.
“Remy don’t know what you’re talking about.” He said shrugging again.
Rogue glared at him. “He didn’t deserve that.”
He raised an eyebrow, looking over at the drinks table where Bobby was now. “I think he did.” He said, gesturing to him with his chin.
She looked over to see Kitty standing quite close, her dress so short it was just barely below her ass. She was saying something with that smile she had on constantly when she was around him.

“They’re just friends.” Rogue muttered under her breath.
He smiled. “Same as you and me, no?”
“Yeah...” she whispered.

She looked around the room, it was the side of a large gymnasium. It was filled with people crowded together. She saw Logan standing outside smoking a cigar and immediately started to walk towards him. “I’ll be right back.” She murmured.

She was only a couple steps away from the balcony where Logan was, when she saw Jean standing next to him. She gasped and slammed herself against the wall before he saw her. She could just barely hear what they were saying.

“So, are you going to be in town for long?” she asked, clearly making conversation.

Rogue scowled. Logan wouldn’t fall for that. He has never been interested in Jean. “I don’t know yet. Why, you gonna make it my while?”
She heard Jean laugh. One of those annoying ‘hot girl’ laughs. “Maybe, if you ask me to dance.”

Logan chuckled. “It has been a while since you’ve seen my room.” He pointed out. “I’ve redecorated.” His voice was sarcastic, humorous. Something Rogue hadn’t heard in him for a while.
Jean smiled. “So you aren’t here with Rogue then?”

Logan laughed and shook his head. “She’s not my type.” Jean giggled. “So let’s dance then.” She took his arm and they walked off together.

Rogue had her arms folded across her chest, frowning, leaning against the wall. It was cold, but it kept her from being heated with rage.

“There you are Rogue I was looking for you.” Bobby walked up next to her and handed her a drink. She forced a smile and gulped all of it down.

Bobby watched and then opened his mouth to speak hesitantly. “Are you... you okay?”
“Yeah!” she exclaimed. “I’m fine! Why wouldn’t I be fine? I’m fine.” She grabbed another drink off a passing tray and drank it as well.

“You might want to take it easy there honey, you’re going to get drunk.” He said slowly.
“What makes you think that’s not my intent?” she grinned stupidly. “Let’s go get another.”