Story Notes:
A special thanks to my Gambit and my Wolverine. Love you guys.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Dammit I hate bobby. For this chapter listen to "Think Twice" by Eve 6 if you feel like you need some backround music.
Logan slammed the phone down, nearly shattering the hard plastic to pieces. He knew damn well that he was in no condition to go out, it was three AM. His hair was spiked on end and he had only just pulled his jeans off the ground and back onto him. His ragged white wife beater hugged against his hard chest, and he was just doing up his faded red plaid shirt when he glanced in the mirror.

He had already told Xavier she wasn’t ready to be out on her own yet. That stupid, ignorant, bald bastard. No one knew her better than him. He told him. He was always more than willing to be out there with her. He’d never forget what the professor had said.

“I know it would be best for her, Logan.” He had told him. “But it’s not what is best for you.” He had started to leave when he had called over his shoulder. “I think you should take the time to assess what your intentions are with Rogue.”

His teeth clenched angrily. He knew she was just a student. That didn’t stop the hunger inside of him. “Jackass.” He muttered under his breath as he grabbed his keys and his leather jacket. It would have been easier for him to ignore his feelings for her if the professor hadn’t made it clear that it was obvious to everyone except for her.

When he pulled up in front of the hospital he knew that there would be trouble waiting for him inside. He really didn’t care if they wouldn’t let him see her. They could try to stop him.

“I’m sorry sir, I need you to sign in.” The nurse had said. He just nodded and wrote down his name. “Are you a family member or a friend?”
The tendons in his jaw tightened. “I’m her...” Goddammit, he hated this so much. But if it was the only way he could see her so be it. “I’m her father.”
“Oh.” She said. “Right this way then.”
He already knew that was more believable than boyfriend. Past experience had taught him that much. It annoyed him that he had to visit her in the hospital now.

He walked into her room, which was filled with cards and balloons. He glanced at the vase of roses on the table beside her. Her eyes were closed, so he decided to check who they were from.
“Get well soon Babe. Love you lots. Bobby.”
He took a deep breath and turned to her for the first time. Her left elbow was wrapped in gauze and her right shoulder had a form of bandaging covering it, along with her right wrist and ankle. Pain shot through him. They’d done a number on her alright. When he found out who had done this they were going to wish they’d never been born.

He leaned over and brushed the white streak of hair out of her eyes, only to see a bruise blossoming along her left cheek. He let out an angry breath and walked over and sat down on the nearby chair. He had only just closed his eyes.

“Go home Logan.” The voice commanded.
He peeked one eye open to see the ice douche bag standing at the doorway holding a bottle of water. He sighed. “Nah, I’m pretty comfortable.” He stretched his legs out in front of him and crossed them. Clearly Bobby had been there before him, but Logan had no intention of leaving till she woke.
“I don’t like you hanging around her.” Bobby muttered walking forward.
“I don’t like you hanging around the cat when you should be with Rogue but we don’t always get what we want.” He answered, tipping his head back and closing his eyes.
“There’s nothing between me and Kitty.” He hissed.
“Ah, see that’s the difference between you and me Ice. I’m not gonna lie.” He smiled slightly.
For the first time Bobby raised his voice. “Fuck off Logan, go find a girl you won’t get a statutory rape charge with.”
Logan’s eyes flashed open and he was standing in a second. “Can’t you keep your mouth shut just for a while kid? Can’t think of anyone but your own useless pride? If you want to talk then let’s go outside. I’m more than willing. But don’t cower behind the many witnesses we got around us.”

He glared at him. “You need to get the fuck out of here Logan. Stay away from my girl.”
Logan took a deep breath, his fists clenching. “I swear Bobby if someone isn’t here when she wakes up, you better hope you have somewhere to hide.”

With that he began to walk out, pulling a cigar out of his pocket and lighting it in the hospital lobby.
“Sir you can’t smoke that in here.” A nurse said hesitantly.

He ignored her and continued on his way out of the hospital. He had just gotten out the door when he took a deep breath of the crisp early morning air.

“Who told you she was in the hospital?” He heard the professor say as he approached.
Logan’s harsh gaze flickered downward, not wanting to admit he had a spy. He sighed knowing he couldn’t hide it. “Kitty.” He answered.

He had chosen her for two reasons. For one, he knew that she had the hots for Bobby and would do anything to have those two split up, including have Logan come between them. For two, she was afraid of him.

“Rogue is to go to the northern mountains. There is a mutant out there who has been taken a hold of by Magneto. The only time they’ll be alone will be in nine days.” Xavier murmured.

“Why does she have to go...” he muttered. “She won’t even be healed enough to be ready by then.”
The professor nodded. “The reason I selected Rogue was because she is the only one who can use another mutant’s power against them should things turn bad. This means that no one will ever be stronger than her. She’ll always have the upper hand. And she’ll have you.”

“I’m going with her now?” Logan demanded angrily.
“Unless you’d prefer her to go with Scott and Jean,” Xavier offered.

His jaw clenched. “Fine. But she still won’t be healed enough to be of any use in nine days.” He muttered.
The professor raised one eyebrow.

Logan glared at him. “Fine, she can have my healing ability for a bit but if ‘Icedick tries to freeze me I’ll chop off a limb below the belt that he doesn’t need.”
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you like the beginning so far. Comment please.