He was in the kitchen making a sandwich after a particularly gruelling danger-room session when a familiar scent drifted into the kitchen. He froze, the hairs on the back of his neck pricking to attention as the intruder’s footsteps neared him. He turned just as she entered, big brown eyes sparkling under her white bangs.

“Lo-gan?” she said, smiling.

He knew that tone. And he knew that grin. And a feeling of dread suddenly started to creep over him.

“No,” he said.

The smile dropped from Ororo’s face as she crossed her arms over her chest. “You don’t even know what I was going to ask you.”

“Doesn’t matter. Answer’s still no.” He wasn’t in the mood to go out and get her a tub of Haagen-Dazs or pick up the latest issue of ‘O’ Magazine, or whatever the hell it was she wanted right now.

Not that he’d done that for her. Ever.

“I just wanted to know if you could—"

Ororo’s words were suddenly cut off by a booming thunderclap so forceful it rattled the windows and shook the ground. They both looked to the window as rain began to pour down in torrents outside, rapping loudly against the glass panes. Logan looked back to Ororo, eyebrow raised.

“See that?” he said, pointing a thumb to the window. “I’m like a lightning rod out there. Yeah, I’ll heal, but that shit hurts.”

There. Now she couldn’t make him feel bad, because it was the truth. Well…that, and he didn’t like thunder. Or storms. He went back to making his sandwich.

“Okay,” she said with a slight pout. “But if you did happen to go out…” she tilted her head and looked at him sweetly.

“Ro. I said forget it, alright? My ass isn’t goin’ anywhere tonight.” He picked up his plate and his beer and went to the table, kicking out a chair and then depositing himself heavily into it.

“Not even later?” she asked.

“No.” He took his sandwich up off his plate and bit into it.

She straightened a leg out in front of her, tracing imaginary circles on the floor tiles with her toe. “Are you sure?”

“For chrissakes, yes I’m sure.”

“Good,” she said, suddenly perking up. “Because we need a babysitter.”

His jaw stopped mid-chew as he looked up from his plate. Ororo bounced away, turning only to flash him a smile before she left the kitchen. He listened, teeth clenched, as the raging storm outside dried up to a slow drip.

Goddammit.

 

xxXXxx

 

That night, he experienced what was perhaps the greatest humiliation he’d endured in all of the years he could remember: standing in as a chaperone at the school dance.

Fuck if he knew what made Storm think this was a good idea. He really didn’t give a rat’s ass how close anyone was dancing, couldn’t blame anyone for sneaking a hard drink, and sure as shit wasn’t gonna go break up those three kids sucking face behind the loudspeaker.

So basically, his evening thus far had consisted of him lurking in the dark shadows near the auditorium stage, wearing what he hoped was a really mean look on his face, and otherwise trying to conceal the fact that he really didn’t know what the hell else he was supposed to be doing.

Damn weather wench. Leave it to the Dateless Wonder to pick tonight of all nights to go on a motherfucking date. He hoped the circus freak was worth it.

It didn’t help his situation any that Jean was standing in the corner opposite him, obviously waiting for him to make eye contact and then tapping into his mind when he didn’t.

~ Logan, we need to – ~

~ Fuck. OFF.~

He reached into his jacket pocket for a cigar and bit off the tip. He lit it and took a deep draw, leaning back against the wall. Eyes drifting shut, he let the sweet taste of tobacco fill his mouth and tried to lose himself in the thumping vibrations of the music. He’d just about succeeded in doing that when his senses perked to attention and a scent he’d come to know all too well – a scent he’d been trying to find for over twenty four hours - drifted into his awareness. He opened his eyes and looked toward the door just as Rogue strutted into the auditorium, and his jaw went slack, cigar just about falling from his lips as he noticed what she was wearing…or rather what she wasn’t.

He let his gaze drag over the miles of bare flesh poured into a black mini that was cut entirely too low and too high, all at the same time. Her legs were bare, pale, and exposed almost to the crotch, feet strapped into heels so high she looked like she was teetering on a pair of goddamn stilts. Her full breasts had been stuffed into an immodest ‘v’, offering a scandalous view that continued all the way up to the choker strapped around her neck. She may as well have been naked, if not for her black opera length gloves, apparently the only modesty she’d been willing to afford herself. She’d topped the outfit with lips glossed cherry red, hair all teased or crimped or whatever it was the girls did to it to make it look big and full and wild.

As she floated nonchalantly past him, he couldn’t help but think that she looked like she’d just rolled out of bed, rustled her hands through her unwashed hair, threw on the sluttiest thing she could find in her closet and headed out the door.

Which, in other words, meant she looked like a fucking goddess.

He wasn’t the only one who noticed either, if the suddenly spiking scent of male teenage hormones all around him was any indication. He watched their heads turn as she glided past them onto the crowded dance floor, making sure to brush ‘innocently’ against as many of them as possible on the way. A light squeeze on the arm here, a gentle hand on the lower back as she passed there. He could almost hear the wheels turning in the heads of the little perverts as their eyes savored her dress and how very little of it there was.

A shifting at the edge of his consciousness forced his attention back to Jean, who was taking steps in Rogue’s direction. He shot a hard glance at her.

Don’t you fucking think about it, Red.

She heard him, because she suddenly stopped where she was, arms coming up to cross defiantly over her chest. When he looked back to Rogue she was standing up near the speakers talking to that Cajun punk, who looked all too happy about the way her breasts mashed up against his chest as she said something in his ear. She pulled back slightly from him, a smile spreading on her lips as she turned and pressed her back to his front, hips swaying suggestively as she danced against him. Logan felt a sudden wave of heat wash over him, his blood bubbling to a boil as LeBeau’s hands came up to wrap around her, hands seeking, exploring her all over.

Logan let his cigar fall to the floor, crushing it under his boot as a deep growl rumbled in his chest. He knew what she was doing. She knew what she was doing. And she knew that he knew what she was doing. So why in Christ’s name did he suddenly feel like an awkward, sweaty-palmed teenage boy waiting for the hottest chick in class to look his way?

She didn’t, for the record. Not even once. And certainly not for his lack of trying, either. He knew she had to feel his eyes burning into her as Remy dropped his head to her neck, nose nuzzling her through her hair where her choker lay. The choker that conveniently hid the bite mark placed there barely two nights before. Logan's mark.

His patience finally snapped when he saw Remy raise his head slightly to catch Rogue’s earlobe between his teeth and give it a gentle tug. He stormed over to where the two were dancing and grabbed Rogue by the arm, snatching her out of the Cajun’s embrace and dragging her back toward the stage where he’d been watching her. She hurled a string of obscenities at him as he did so, words only he would be able to hear over the loud music as she struggled to release herself from his grip. When they got to the stage, he pulled her behind the stage curtains and drew the sheer white curtain liner over her. Before she could get her bearings, he had her gathered in his arms, mouth crushed against hers in a hungry, growling kiss.

She struggled against him as he held her tight, hands pushing fruitlessly against his chest as he dominated her mouth through the thin material. He slid a hand up into her hair, fingers twisting into it as he forced her still, and mashed his mouth against hers, tongue sweeping into her mouth and tangling with hers. He felt her moan against him then, body suddenly liquefying as her arms slid up around his neck.

He reached down and lifted her legs around him, then pressed her up against the wall, grinding his hips into hers until she could feel every inch of how crazy she’d just driven him. Their lips parted, and she leaned her head back against the wall, eyelids falling closed as the sensation. Logan moved his lips to her ear.

“I’ve been lookin’ all over for you, Rogue,” he said between panted breaths. “Been tryin’ to apologize.”

He pulled the curtain liner away from her face so he could see her eyes.

“So?” she said, raising an eyebrow. “I’m waiting.”

“I’m sorry,” he said.

She looked deep into his eyes, considering his words. “You’re a dick,” she said.

“I know.”

He pressed his hips against hers again, waiting for her to accept his apology. She looked at him with steely silence, making him wait for it, driving him mad with anticipation. Then, ever so slightly, the corner of her mouth quirked. It was enough for him. Logan drew the edge of the curtain liner across her face and pressed his mouth to hers again. Her fingers knotted in his hair as she melted into the kiss, spiked heels pressing into his thighs. They needed to go somewhere. NOW.

“Baby,” he breathed, pulling back from their kiss, “There’s some stuff I need to say to you…”

“Me too,” she said, lips pulling into a smile.

“Okay,” he said. “But not here. Meet me-…”

They were going to need a place where they wouldn’t be disturbed, where she could scream and yell angrily at him without anyone hearing her… and then hopefully – if he played his cards right – he could take her somewhere else where she’d be able to moan and cry out his name.

“Meet me down in med bay. Ten minutes.”

She nodded, lips widening into a full smile as her eyes sparkled back at his. He leaned in for one final kiss before he gently released her and lowered her to the floor. He looked around the stage curtain to make sure no one was watching, then slipped quietly out of the gym and headed down to med bay.

 

xxXXxx

 

He’d been waiting down there for almost ten minutes when it occurred to him that telling Rogue about a cruel bet in a room filled with sharp objects probably wasn’t the brightest idea. Coupled with her skin, and his healing factor notwithstanding, she could probably do some serious damage to him.

He leaned against the exam table and took a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves as he heard her heels clicking toward him. The doors to med bay slid open, and she entered, a smile of beaming pride on her face.

Logan straightened up as she came to stand before him. “Rogue, I—"

“Shhh…” she said softly, fingers coming up to touch his lips.

His words melted instantly on his lips as she touched him. Something was different. It took him a few moments to understand the sparkle in her eyes as she smiled at him, and then it struck him…she wasn’t wearing her gloves.

He looked at her, a million questions spinning in his mind but never quite making it to his lips…what, how, when….none of that mattered when he saw the look of pure elation in her eyes, the joy at finally being able to touch. He brought his hand up to cup her face, thumb caressing her cheek, and a wave of desire suddenly pulsed through him at the feel of her skin against his.

Her eyes filled with happy tears as she drew in a soft, shaky breath. “I don’t know how much time we ha-"

His mouth was on hers before she could finish, arms wrapping around her as he turned so that her back pressed against the exam table. He kissed her hungrily, voraciously, savoring the sweet taste of her as her hands touched and squeezed him everywhere she could reach.

Tomorrow. He’d tell her about the bet tomorrow. She would understand after tonight, and then it would be too late anyway. She would be his, completely, and then no one would be able to take her away from him. Not Scott, not Jean, not the professor…not even Logan.

He growled against her, swallowing her desperate moans as the animal took over. He pulled at the straps of her dress, almost ripping them out of their seams in his haste to touch and taste her all over.

“Unhh…Logan,” she moaned as he released her breasts from their prison, leaning down to lick and suck at the taut nipples. His hands slid under her skirt, cutting away her panties, and then he hoisted her legs up around his hips, lifting her onto the table. He absently pushed a tray of surgical instruments off the table, sending them clattering loudly to the floor, and then he climbed up onto the table, smothering her body with his as he lay over her.

“Logan…please…” she was murmuring, as his hands worked beneath the skirt of her dress, thrumming her to readiness. Her fingers clawed at his shirt, and he sat up just long enough to rip it off and toss it aside. His chest now bare, he lay down on top of her again, mouth capturing hers as he relished the feel of those fabulous breasts against him and then in his greedy hands. He tangled his hands in her hair as he moved his mouth to her neck, sucking and tasting her everywhere he could manage. Her hands slid down to his stomach, fingers slipping beneath the waist of his jeans before fumbling with his belt.

“Please, Logan…” she breathed against his ear, body arching hungrily up against his and threatening to send him right over the edge. All sorts of sensations and emotions were swirling through him all at once, making his head spin. The way she felt, the way she tasted, the way she’d teased and tortured him earlier…

He reached down between them and ripped the buckle of his belt open, then he yanked his zipper down and shoved his jeans down over his hips. He was lost to her now, groaning and growling against her as he pushed her dress up and gripped her thighs, wrapping them around him. He took himself into his hand and then bore his hips down onto hers, entering her in one swift thrust.

Logan!”

She cried out against him, fingers digging into his biceps as he ground into her, and he had to bite down hard on his lip to keep from coming right there and then. She was tight, hot, and wet, gripping and squeezing all around him as she trapped him inside of her. He snarled, teeth closing gently around her collarbone as he pulled out of her halfway, and then he was shoving back into her, planting himself right up to the root.

“Oh, fuck…oh baby…”

His voice sounded desperate, distant, foreign to his own ears, the smell of her so deliciously thick all around him he could practically taste her in the air. Logan gripped her hips firmly in his hands as he began to rock into her with abandon, curling his hips back just far enough so that he could plunge into her again, deeper. She pushed and pulled with him, wrapping herself tortuously around him as the crescendo built between them.

She clamped her hands to his back, hips rolling up to meet his as he pounded into her willing flesh. He reached up and yanked at her choker, exposing the marks he’d left on her. Fingers twisting up into her hair, he pulled her head back and then covered the marks with his open mouth, sucking there until the unhealed wounds opened up again and began to bleed. She cried out, fingers scraping at his back as he slid a hand down to her hip, tilting her up to his strokes so he could hit just the right spots. His efforts quickly began to pay off as she suddenly shuddered beneath him. Her hands went to his hair, pulling it between her fingers.

“Oh, Logan…I’m…” Her eyelids fluttered as she erupted beneath him, her insides milking and squeezing him as her orgasm took over. Her legs squeezed around him, cementing him inside of her, high heels scraping at the backs of his thighs. The sensation of he heels pressing into him through his jeans was what finally sent him over the edge. He snarled, hips curling against hers as he pushed into her with quick, deep jabs.

He sucked in a sharp breath through his clenched teeth. “Oh Jesus…baby, I’m gonna come.”

The words had barely left his lips when a tingle shot up his spine, his release shooting forth with all the force of a freight train. He let out a yell of unbridled pleasure as it shook through him, rocking him right down to the core. His hips flexed and quivered on top of hers, straining to pump every last drop of him into her. He collapsed down onto her, panting heavily, and slammed a fist down onto the exam table.

“Goddamn, baby…” he breathed.

“You can say that again,” she said, between her own pants, drawing a chuckle from him. He pulled back to look into her eyes, brushing the back of his hand against her sweat soaked cheek. She brought a hand up to touch his cheek, and he leaned down to kiss her. When the final aftershocks of their releases subsided, he withdrew from her and took his weight off of her, turned over and pulling her into him until she snuggled blissfully into his chest.

“That’s not exactly how I wanted our first time to be,” he half-chuckled as she purred against him. She raised her head to look at him as he threaded his fingers through her hair.

“It was perfect,” she murmured. She lowered her lips to his chest, placing kisses there through the soft curls.

“Yeah…” he whispered, eyes drifting closed. He was now completely spent, mind webbing over with drowsiness as he caressed her arm. “…perfect…”

“You said you wanted to tell me something…” she said with a sleepy yawn. “Whawazzit?”

Logan opened his eyes and looked down at her, stroking his fingers through her hair again as her heart beat softly and serenely against him.

“Nothin’ that can’t wait till mornin’, darlin’,” he mumbled.

It was the last thing either of them would say before they both drifted off to a blissful sleep.

xXx