Author's Chapter Notes:
This ones a bit shorter, but I promise the next one will be longer with alot more time with our favorite couple.
Closing the door to her room behind her, Marie couldn’t help but smile. She had just spent an amazing morning and afternoon with Logan and she couldn’t seem to wipe the smile off of her face. After eating an early lunch the two figured it would be good to take a little walk. They walked around the entire grounds, talking about mostly unimportant things, but it didn’t really matter. She loved spending time with Logan, just being in his presence. There was something about him that was just so…comforting. Like she knew that no matter what, he would never leave her.

Marie smiled at that. She knew that Logan would always be there for her. Unlike her parents, or Bobby, or even Kitty for that matter, she knew that whenever she needed him, he would be there with arms wide open. It had barely been a week since the two had resolved their issues, and already they were growing closer than ever.

The most amazing thing to Marie was that she had this feeling that Logan did feel the same way, like the Professor had said. When she talked to him, he would look at her intently and listen to everything she had to say, without judging. He was willing to offer his advice on the most simplest of matters. Every time she cracked a joke she half expected him to just raise his eyebrows and grunt, being the big, bad Wolverine and all. Instead his eyes lit up and he let out a genuine chuckle. She noticed the ways his eyes lit up every time he saw her, and it made her appreciate him all the more.

However, as much as she knew Logan cared for her, she also was aware of the fact that they weren’t exactly on the same level with their feelings. Whenever he would lay his hand reassuringly on her shoulder or look her directly into her eyes, her stomach would drop and her breathing would accelerate a little bit. She was noticing that her feelings towards Logan were changing in a completely new direction. Well, not entirely new, if she was honest with herself. She recalled having a crush on him during their first few days at the mansion, and even to this date she still checks him out whenever he’s not looking. But…something was different about her feelings. She wasn’t lusting after the sexy, dark Wolverine. She was longing for Logan as a person.

The more time they spent together the more she realized just how human he really was. He had let his guard down a little bit today and had even talked some more about the beginning years that he could remember of his past. Marie had listened intently and reassured him that he could always trust her. She remembered how his eyes had sparkled at that, and she had had to look away to hide the blush that was creeping up on her face.

All in all, things with Logan were looking better than ever. She hadn’t even thought about Bobby and Kitty or Scott and Jean all day. She smiled as she realized this was probably due to the fact that only one person has been on her mind all day. A very, very sexy person…whom she happens to be going clubbing with tomorrow night.

She groaned as she remembered the conversation she had had with Logan and Jubilee earlier. The two had been walking in from their walk, laughing at some joke Logan, of all people, had just made when they bumped into Jubilee in the grand foyer.

“Ah, the lovely pair returns. I’ve been looking for you guys forever! Where the hell ya been?” Jubes asked with a pop of her gum.

Logan rolled his eyes while Marie let out a little laugh. “Sorry Jubes. We were just taking a nice walk. It sure is hot outside, but there’s a pretty nice breeze, actually I was surprised it wasn’t so humid since—”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. The weather is great, we get it,” Jubes interrupted. “Anyway, I had an idea for our night out.”

“Really? What’s that?” Marie glanced furtively at Logan. She had a bad feeling about whatever Jubes was concocting.

“Yeah. So there’s this new club that opened up in the city. It’s called Club de Freaks. It’s supposed to be this really secret underground mutant-only club. And since we’re all muta—”

She stopped abruptly as she realized her mistake. Silence filled the room while Marie tried not to get upset. As much as it hurt to not be included anymore, she had made the decision to take the cure, and therefore she would accept those consequences.

Logan looked at her and placed a hand on her shoulder, a concerned look on his face.

“You okay, kid?”

“Yeah, I’m fine,” she reassured him. Wiping away her grief she forced a smile on her face and looked at Jubilee. “Really, I am. Anyway, as you were saying, if it’s a mutant-only club, I—I don’t think I’d be allowed in.”

“Well, I’m sure there’s some way around it. I mean, how are they gunna know? What are they going to make you do, display your powers? I think it will be fine,” Jubes said, trying to assure her best friend not to be upset. “Anyway, I say we all go tomorrow. What do you guys think?”

Logan cleared his throat. “Well, it sounds fine. I’m not really the clubbing type but,” he glanced at Marie, “I think I can make an exception, this one time.”

Marie just nodded in reply. Jubes clapped her hands in excitement. “Great! Okay, we’ll meet down here at eight-thirty. That will give us time to catch a ride to the city to hear their DJ that comes on at ten. He’s supposed to be really good.”

Marie smiled at the memory, and how Logan had insisted on walking her up to her room after that. He had a Danger Room class with the younger kids this evening. They had said their goodbyes and had even given each other a little hug. The only thing bothering her was that she was really anxious about going to this club tomorrow. Would they let her in? What would they do to her if they found out she took the cure? Would it be awkward with just the three of them? Would she have to dance with Logan?

Marie burst out laughing at that. The thought of Logan dancing was just too funny to imagine. It would be okay, she told herself. She deserved to have a little fun with her two best friends. Especially since she wanted to be more than friends with one of them.

She sighed and went to sit on her bed. She was unnerved about her feelings towards Logan. They had just gotten things back to normal, and now she was going to screw it up with her stupid feelings. What would he do if he found out? Reject her, telling her he wanted nothing to do with her? Or would he say he felt the same way?

She couldn’t decide which one was more terrifying.

******************************************

Marie shot up out of bed, screaming. It had seemed so real. She couldn’t get the image of his dead, lifeless body out of her head. She couldn’t control the screaming, and was half-aware when her door burst open and in came ‘Ro and Jubes, frantically searching the room for some form of attack. When they realized that Marie was alone they rushed over to where she was sitting and tried to calm her down.

“Rogue, listen to me, what’s wrong?”

“Come on chica, stop screaming!”

Marie stopped her yelling at once as she realized where she was. She was momentarily confused by the concerned expressions on both of their faces. Why were they worried about her! Logan was dead!

“He’s dead!” She practically yelled in their faces.

Their concerned expressions instantly turned into confused. “Who’s dead, sweetie?” ‘Ro was asking her frantically.

“Logan! Why are you guys just standing there! Why didn’t you try to save him!”

Jubes looked at ‘Ro in utter confusion. “Um, what are you talking about? He just left twenty minutes ago to go get some more beer from the mini-market.”

“HE’S DEAD!” Why weren’t they listening to her? She jumped out of bed, and out of the open door. She ran down the hall until she reached Logan’s room. Swinging the door open, she half-expected him to by lying on the floor, completely still. Instead she found the room empty with a lingering smell of cigar smoke.

She didn’t understand. She had seen him die…again. Marie recalled the last two times she had thought Logan was dead. All three times she had been sleeping. Was it a dream? It always felt so real…like it already happened. Or is going to happen. That didn’t make any sense though, did it? What did she think she was, a psychic?

Marie took a few deep breaths and was a lot calmer by the time Jubes and ‘Ro had reached Logan’s room. “Rogue, what’s going on? Why do you think Logan is dead?”

Realizing she didn’t need to worry them, she just blew it off. “I think I was just dreaming, that’s all. Sorry to wake you. Night guys.” She rushed past them and back to her room. She shut the door behind her before they could follow her in. She knew that it was best not to concern them with whatever was going on. It probably was just some stupid dream.

However, she had trouble trying to convince herself of this, and spent the rest of the night restless.