Story Notes:
Basically an alternate X1 ending in which Logan and Rogue didn't really say goodbye to each other.
“Logan! Where do you think you’re going?”

Busted. Only four more feet until he reached the front door of the mansion. He had really been hoping that he wouldn’t have to say goodbye to Marie. He didn’t do goodbyes. Hell, there had never been anybody he had to say goodbye to. These X-geeks were the closest he had come to having friends since he could remember.

Turning around, he faced a confused Marie. Logan couldn’t believe what had happened to her hair. He liked it, though. It made her stand out from all the rest of those geeks.

She eyed him suspiciously. “You runnin’ again?”

He looked anywhere but her as he tried to figure out what to say. “I gotta take care of a few things up north.”

She continued to give him that look, a look that made Logan extremely uneasy. It was almost…disappointment. No, that wasn’t it entirely. There was more to it. Almost as if she was trying to connect with him on a deeper level. To be honest, it scared the shit out of him.

Marie took a deep breath and stared Logan straight in the eyes. “I want to come with you.”

Logan was a little shocked with Marie’s reaction. He had expected her to try and convince him to stay. Why would she want to come with him on some mission about his past? As if she could hear his thoughts, she suddenly spoke again.

“Look, Logan. Before you…gave me a ride last week, I had no one. I lived on the road for eight months. With no family. Then I met you…and things started to fall into place for me. I was becoming happier again. After everything you said on the train, and then saving my life, I feel like my place is with you. I wanna do this with you, I wanna help you discover your past. Please, Logan. Take me with you,” Marie said, while staring at him with those big brown eyes that penetrated through his soul.

“Kid…,” Logan trailed off. He thought through what she had just said. Here was a girl, who he had stabbed through the chest and had managed to be let kidnapped by an old guy with a helmet all in the course of a week, who wanted to accompany him on a trip into his deepest nightmares. Marie had just told him that she felt like she belonged with him, after everything that they’ve been through together. He couldn’t believe that this girl would want to be with him.

At the same time her words had given Logan a new meaning. Someone in this world actually cared a damn about him. She wanted to actually spend genuine time with him. Logan couldn’t believe that Marie could stand being in his presence. Still, was it enough to alter her life? She had a good thing going at the mansion, even if it was full of geeks. She could be throwing her life away just by going with him.

No. Marie already changed her life by running away from home. Whatever future she had in a normal life was now gone. If Marie wanted something different, new, adventurous, and wanted to do it with him, who was he to stop her?

Marie continued to stare at him with her big puppy dog eyes. Finally, Logan had made up his mind.

“Fine, kid. If you want to do this, I’m not going to stop you. Just one question, though. How do you feel about motorcycles?”

Her answering smile was good enough for him.