Story Notes:
The idea for this hit me out of the blue
Author's Chapter Notes:
This a mix of x1 and comicverse although I did change Erik meeting his twins. I have no idea why this story came to me but it wouldn't die and it turned out to become the one that I like best.
Thanks to Moviemom44 for the beta.
Please read and review.
"Erik Lehnsherr was a good father."

That was the moment she saw the hostile faces of Jean, Scott and 'Ro turn to faces of shock. It was Logan's calm reassuring face that lent her the strenght to continue.

"It is the one thing that should bring us comfort today knowing that he has been reunited with his family."

Rogue could see the pride shinning in Charles' face and relief that his beloved family would know why he'd never given up on his old friend.

"He lost his parents in the death camps of World War Two and, to his horror, was forced to work in the gas chambers, all because of a fearful madman. After this, he found some happiness for a short time with his wife, Magda, and daughter, Anya. Anya was killed in a fire that was started by an angry mod when Erik used his powers for revenge. Magda was horrified. Soon after, she left him and died in childbirth. To Erik's eternal grief, he never found his twin daughter and son."

She saw a flash of yellow eyes on the blonde in front of her who mouthed "Thank you." She knew Mystique was just happy that someone besides her had seen her mentor as more than just a monster.

"He wanted to have faith in humans, but sometimes found it hard to have faith even in mutants."

At these words she saw Jean flush and Rogue hoped she would be forever tormented by how she used her powers to force her and Logan to stop trying to revive him when they found him collapsed on the steps of the school. It was something she would never forgive the so-called 'doctor' for.

"He was a son who becamed orphaned, a husband who became a widower, a father that ended up childless and a friend who lost his way. To some he was an inspiration; to others, a madman. I hope you leave here today just thinking of him as a flawed man, but who here isn't in some way."

Heading back down the aisle she squeezed Charles' hand as she walked by and left the building. After standing outside for a few minutes, she felt Logan come up behind her and pull her into an embrace.

"Ya know darlin', when we were on top of that statue, I never thought one day I would feel sorry for Magneto."

"Do you think anyone in there will learn from his life."

Turning her in his arms and kissing the top of her head, he sighed.

"Maybe one or two of them. I know it helped me some."

For the first time in a week he saw his Marie smile, then she tapped her temple.

"Erik just told me to tell you it was worth it. Saving one or two is better than none."