Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: Epillooggueee. Sorrrryyy it is taking so long for updates - life (gradschoolcoughcough) is taking up a lot of my time. I’m waiting for summer break already, haha. Here’s the epilogue of Need You Now, I used a different song for this chapter though, enjoy!

By the Boab Tree, Australia soundtrack Sing and I will hear you No matter where you are A song to light the darkest night And guide me from afar And I will never be alone Now I know you’re somewhere You’re everywhere to me You’re the colour in the sky A reason to believe And when the rain falls down You tell a story And I will hear you Always near you By the boab tree
Logan tried not to fidget with his tie, but the damn thing was just too tight around his neck.

He’d never quite understood the allure of dressing up, I mean, even getting married the first time didn’t seem as overwhelming. Perhaps it was the plaster his three piece suit to his skin, hair frizzy and out of control humidity of the deep South that made this entire fiasco seem like it was from the ninth circle of hell.

It was the middle of July.

And he was standing in a rose garden in Mississippi.

In a white, sweaty, three piece suit.

And because it would be rude to mess up the beautiful weather Ororo had fandangled for this shindig, he couldn’t even ask the weather witch for a slight breeze. Can’t muss the ladies’ hair.

A slight hum from the string quartet sweating underneath a live oak made him gulp. There, down a grassy path strewn with white flower petals, stood his Marie.

Her hair was piled into a mass of chocolate curls, little white posies and baby’s breath woven throughout the up-do, her platinum strands hanging about her face. The pale yellow, Greecian-inspired gown she wore had one shoulder, the other was bare. The empire waist barely concealed the swell of her stomach, the gown blossoming and swirling around her. Bare feet, toes polished in rose, peeped from beneath the hem.

He held his breath, the small crowd sitting around white tables seemed to hold theirs as well. Suddenly, Marie was within his reach, and one calloused palm reached out to caress her rounding belly. Romantic sighs came from Kitty and Jubilee, who stood off to the side in yellow dresses as well.

“Vell, shall ve begin?” Nightcrawler asked, and Logan and Marie turned to face their blue, furry companion, who stood in the center of a flowering arbor, Bible in hand, “Ve don’t have all day.”

Marie grinned, eyes shining, and handed Logan her left hand, “Yes.”

“Vell, let’s renew some vows, shall ve?”


Lay your arms around me
Like the falling rain
Let the feeling drown me
And life begins again


Marie hummed, stroking her belly as she stared at the new nursery. She had finally been allowed inside once Logan had made absolutely sure that every paint fume had been shooed outside into the awaiting atmosphere. Even then, he had propped open the massive picture window. She folded baby clothes on her massive tummy next to a fresh, crisply painted, white changing table. It stood across from a crib, both covered in soft baby bolsters and coverlets. The pale yellow walls were cut in half by a chair rail, and beneath the railing, white bead board had been installed, a vibrant contrast to the dark wood floors. Atop the floors, a soft rag rug had been spread, and a rocking chair sat in the opposite corner.

It was beautiful.

Every time she peeked at the clothing accumulated inside the tiny drawers, she couldn’t help but grin. The sight of pink, yellow, and lavendar booties and onesies made her excited inside. She even had a secret stash of hairbows in the very back of the top drawer. The sound of a bird singing in the massive oak tree directly outside made her lean out the open window.

Logan had planned a massive extension to the Lake House, which had just been completed about two weeks ago. This part, Marie had to admit, was her favorite. Just outside the window, a completely enclosed inner courtyard with a wraparound deck had been constructed.

In the center, stood a massive, worn oak tree.

Beneath the tree lay a simple stone marker.

“Don’t worry, Momma’s here,” Marie whispered as the baby inside her kicked against the pressure of her hand, “And big brother is too.”

“Everything alright, Marie?” Logan’s gruff voice interjected. She hastily wiped away the stray tear that slid down her cheek as she turned towards him.

“Yeah, everything’s okay,” she said.

Logan’s hand caught her cheek, thumb sliding against the skin as he drew his lips down to her forehead, “Telling little Emma about her wonderful big brother?”

“Something like that,” she said, “I’m so glad you thought of the porch, it’s absolutely perfect.”

“Well, figured Emma would need somebody looking after her when I’m not around,” Logan grinned, “Charlie’s just the one for the job.”

“You act like I’m incapable,” Marie said, pinching his arm slightly.

“No,” Logan replied, “I just know that we both needed that boy, desperately, he tore us apart, he put us back together, he, he forged more than just this ring,” Logan paused, running a finger around the gold band on Marie’s left hand, “He forged a permanent connection between us.”

“Love,” Marie said, blushing furiously. Logan smirked, fingertips lifting her chin and forcing her to look into his eyes.

“Now, Marie, if Charlie could take such good care of us, then why not give him a chance to take care of his sister too?” he laughed, “After all, what are big brothers for?”

Marie smiled, then moved his free hand to her tummy so he could feel Emma kick, “As soon as she’s born, I want to tell her all about him. How wonderful he was, how precious he was, how beautiful.”

“You mean, is, darlin,” Logan said, taking her hand and leading her out the door to the deck. The stepped down into the mossy grass around the marker, “He isn’t gone, he’s still here.” Logan lifted a hand and patted his heart firmly, the other hand pressed gently to Marie’s breast, “We will always be a family.”

“Always.”


And I will never be afraid
Now I know you’re somewhere
You’re everywhere to me
The warming of the sun upon
The earth beneath my feet
And when the rain falls down
You tell a story
And I will hear you
Always near you
By the boab tree

Oh you are somewhere
You’re everywhere to me
You’re the colour in the sky
And you’re the earth beneath my feet
And when the rain falls down
You tell a story
And I will hear you
Always near you
By the boab tree