Author's Chapter Notes:
~* -memories/flashbacks

{} - The Logan in Rogue's head

[]- Marie's thoughts

** Logan's thoughts
*Why the fuck am I still here? There is no logical reason for me to stay at the school anymore. Jeanie's gone...got my own battles to face when it comes to that. One-Eye is gone, so I can't fuck with his life anymore. And Marie, my Marie left to get that fuckin cure. That girl has been needing someone to touch her for so long. While every one else here in this god forsaken hell hole has thought about nothing but themselves, I have gone out of my way to make that girl feel special. But I guess that wasn't enough. Fuck it. I should leave. Maybe go to Canada.*

Logan sat on the couch in his room and watched a baseball game that happened to be on while he sipped his beer. He hadn't done much else this past week since he killed Jean. The fact that the woman who he lusted over's blood could still be seen and smelt on his claws was enough to cut a small hole into his heart that wouldn't heal. He couldn't drink enough to ease the pain of what happened in the last month. It had been an emotional roller coaster, one that Logan did not want to deal with. He flipped off the television in frustration just as he heard a familiar voice coming from a lengthy distance down the hall.

"Ah hope she is worth it. 'Cause there ain't no one else in this world that would have made the sacrifices that I made fer ya.Goodbye Bobby. Have a nice life." With the slam of a door Logan stood up and smiled to himself.

*She came back. Marie came back. What the fuck did Icehole do to make her upset? She smells like she is about to cry. I swear to God, someday I am going to rip that boy's spine out for hurting her.*

The sound of the elevator doors closing gave him enough energy to throw on a pair of boots, change his flannel shirt and throw on his leather jacket. If anyone could get her to talk about what's goin' on.. it was Logan. It was always going to be Logan. A smirk showed up on his face before he put on that hard facade and strode from his room to the stairs at the end of the hall.

A few minutes later he found her on the roof, sitting with her knees to her chest in a small area that was visually unable to spot from anywhere except if you were on the roof. He could smell the salt from her tears and the amount of regret and anger that she happened to be bathing in at the time. Slowly he approached her and she stopped crying.

"Logan."

"Marie."

He sat down beside her and offered him his arm. Instinctively she wrapped her gloved hands around them and rested her head there as the tears started again. They sat in silence for several minutes.

His voice was steady, calming, and sensual as he spoke to her. "You gunna tell me why I have to go rip out Slushy's intestines or are you gunna leave me in the dark and let me do it anyway?"

A small laugh came from her and she wiped her hears on her green silk gloves. "It ain't nothin' fer ya to worry 'bout Logan. It's over between me and Bobby."

"I see." He paused for a long moment before moving his arm out of her grasp to place over her shoulder to bring her closer to him. "Why?"

"He said we're too different. That we don't have anythin' in common anymore."

Logan snorted. That Drake kid didn't even know what he had to begin with.

"Besides. He's with Kitty now. She can have that bastard. Ah didn' want him anymore anyway."

His eyebrow had risen at the information that Kitty and Bobby were together now. If she hadn't have continued on, he would have let his anger seep into his adamantium skeleton until the rage took him over. "Ya sure ya don't wan' him anymore?"

Rogue nodded. "Ah only have one small regret."

"And what's that?" Logan's interest peaked.

"That Ah didn't break it off with him first."

Logan shook his head. *Teenagers... they... Oh Shit. What day was today? the 17th. FUCK. Marie's birthday was yesterday. He was going to have to pull together something really special for her tomorrow.*

Rogue gave one last soft nuzzle into his chest and took a deep inhale of his smell before sitting up. The sudden movement she knew would alarm him.

"Ya know what sucks the most Logan?"

"What could that be Kid?"

Rogue had gotten up and brushed herself off. "After all he and Ah went through, one of the reasons Ah did it was so that Ah could touch him at least once."

"Reasons you did what?" Then it Dawned on him. *She went through with it. She had actually gotten it done.*

"Got the Cure."

*I wonder if it actually worked. I can, no I have to touch her to see if it is true.*

He stood up and took a step toward her. She didn't move. Good. "So I can touch you?"

"If Ya'd like t' Ya don't hafta-"

His hands instantly grabbed her face and started gently caressing her pale flesh. It was so soft. It felt exactly like it looked. He should kiss her... make her his. But she had smiled briefly and backed away from him.

"Ah'm goin' t' catch a few hours of sleep Logan. Ah'm very tired. Ah'll catch up with ya later."

"Sure kid. Get some sleep."

*Don't you fucking dare let her walk away without making her yours. Take her. She's open. She's free game. You have to. You have wanted her so bad. Be a fucking man and take her.*

Logan just stood there and watched Rogue disappear off the roof.