Author's Chapter Notes:
~* -Memories/flashbacks

{} -The Logan in Rogue's mind

[] -Rogue's own thoughts.
Within a week things had flipped upside down.

Charles was dead. Scott was dead. Jean had gone postal and lost control of her powers, taking thousands of innocent lives. The damage that she caused was irreversible. Magneto and his brotherhood ruined a bridge, one of the many things that they had destroyed in order to claim their path for their cause. The lab that held the child who they derived the cure from was in shambles. All of it came to a stop when Wolverine killed Jean. Storm was now the new headmaster to Xavier's school for the gifted. A normalcy was trying to be obtained as everyone was trying to put the events of what happened behind them.

Rogue parked her truck in the garage and walked into the mansion a week after Jean's death. After getting the cure she decided to give herself 2 1/2 weeks to try to adjust to living a life of no longer being a mutant. For now she was ready to face the things at home. In her hotel room several nights ago she saw the footage of what the lab had looked like. It made her feel as though she was helpless. She hadn't participated in the fight against Magneto. Walking up the stairs to Bobby's room she found no one to cross her path. Opening the door that she had opened a thousand times over, she stepped in to find the room empty.

{Why are you back here Darlin'? Ya know that I... I need you. Get out of Slushy's room. Come and find me.}

[Ah can't Logan. Ah have to fix this first.]

{You're gunna regret it.}

{Ah don't care.}

Rogue's feet took her to Bobby's window, where she found the majority of the student body. They were doing typical Sunday stuff. Playing football, frizzbee, softball. Instantly she noticed Bobby playing tag football down below. He had a huge smile on his face as he went to tackle a slender girl. She phased right through him and then let him catch her around the waist when he turned around. They both were laughing.

Within her gut, knots were forming. She didn't want to let go of Bobby. He was there for her when Logan wasn't. He was a great friend. An acceptable companion. One that she so desperately needed when Logan was on missions. She continued to watch him as he then decided to quit the game and come into the mansion. Probably for a change of clothes. Rogue turned away and shook out of her coat. With the fingers of one hand she had gently started to take off the opposite hand's glove. It was no longer a necessity to wear them but she wore them as a practical article of clothing along with them being a reminder of who she was. Rogue sat on the bed and waited for Bobby to come into his room.

A few minutes later there was no longer a reason to wait. He had swung open the door and stared at the woman who was on his bed staring back.

"Rogue. You came back." Bobby had a look of shock on his face and when he spoke, you could tell he had an element of surprise in his voice.

"Of course Ah came back." Marie got up and walked over to him. "You know where Ah went right?"

He nodded gravely. "Rogue that wasn't what I wanted."

"Ah know. It's what Ah wanted."

She held up her hand and slowly made it to the side of his face. Stroking his face gently her eyes met with his.

"Ah can touch ya now. There ain't nothin' stoppin' us from really bein' togethah."

When she looked into his eyes she found something that she had never seen before despite his abilities. Those eyes held a coldness that made her blood turn cold in fear. Those eyes once held a look for her and only her. One that despite the ice in his body burned like a steady campfire. The look in those same pair of eyes no longer held that look for her. They were indifferent... borderline disgusted with her.

"Bobby what's wrong?" Her voice lace with concern.

"Listen, Rogue. This is going to be hard to hear."

"No Bobby. There can't be any-"

"ROGUE. I'm sorry. But it's over."

"What? Why??" She retracted her hand from his face and backed up a step.

"I don't think that we are going to work out. There are too many things that we differ on. There isn't much that we have in common anymore..." His voice trailed off. The problem now was like the big pink elephant that was in his room, but he refused to talk about it.

"Is it because Ah decided to get the cure? Is that what this is all about?" She couldn't believe what she was hearing from him. Rogue knew damn well how different they had always been, but that was never a problem until today. She wished that the pain in her voice would slice into his frozen heart. "Is it because Ah'm no longer a mutant?"

"No. No Rogue it isn't."

"Then what in tarnation could it be then?"

"There is someone else."

Her fear had been confirmed. The iceman found someone new he could freeze. A new statue to create because he was tired of the old one.

"Kitty. Ah knew it."

"Rogue... You don't understand."

She held up a hand to make him stop dead in his verbal tracks. "No Bobby, Ah understand perfectly." She turned and grabbed her coat and gloves before turning to look at him again. "Ah hope she is worth it. 'Cause there ain't no one else in this world that would have made the sacrifices that I made fer ya." She walked to the door to open it. Halfway out of it she turned back. "Goodbye Bobby. Have a nice life." The door closed with a sudden crack of finality.

{I told you that you would regret doin' that Darlin'.}

[No Sugah. That was exactly what Ah needed.]