Author's Chapter Notes:
It has been forever I know! I'm having a rough patch in my life. Too much to explain. But I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! And I will try my hardest to update as often as possible!
The depths of solitude. The never ending darkness. The single sound of water dripping from a broken faucet. The occasional blood-curdling scream.

It was enough to drive her to madness.

Life wasn't supposed to be like this. What happened to the days where she would wake up in her own bed, the early morning sunshine on her face, another day... another beginning? Now it was nothing but blackness. The smell of blood, urine, and bleach. Surrounding her senses to the point of nausium. Her torn clothes hanging from her now 'skin and bone' form. Her hair a nest of rats that went from her scalp to the frayed tips. Bruises, dirt, fecal matter and dried blood coating almost every inch of her skin.

How long had she been in there now?

2 months? 3 months? She lost count. Perhaps she was never going to get out. They had forgotten about her. They must have given up. After all, she wasn't worth finding. She was now damaged goods. Like hell they would ever want a liability on their hands. That's what Logan and Scott would fight about when they planned missions. Logan would want to do business his way and Scott would through a bitch fit because he always disagreed with Logan, even if he knew Logan was right. Then they would bitch each other out until someone with a level head on their shoulders stepped in and brought their bitching spree to a closure point. At least for a while. Then they'd eventually quarrel again over another meaningless topic.

If they were fighting about what to do, the only thing she could hope for would be that they were fighting for her. At the very least Bobby would be fighting for her. She ran a hand over her matted hair in sorrow "Bobby loves me."

Her thoughts dwindled to the way he would smile at her.

"Bobby loves me." She repeated as her small body backed into a black corner.

"Bobby loves ME." Tears ran down her face as her body slowly slipped onto the floor.

Repeating over and over again that Bobby Drake loved her. It was the only comfort that she received.

Life wasn't supposed to be like this.

Kitty Pryde slowly allowed herself to slip into madness again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why can't you see things the way that we see them?" Anger and frustration clearly being shown in his voice. His expression showing just how upset he really was.

"This isn't the time to be questioning my judgement." The professor's words were calm and almost said in a tone of disinterest.

"Do you realize how long she has been gone!" His tone being raised, as if he was about ready to either punch Xavier in the face or fall to the ground and begin to sob in hysterics.

"Drake, calm down. We all know how long the kid's been gone." Logan was surprisingly the cool-headed one in the room. Scott and Bobby were both enraged. Storm was quietly staring out the window, tears slowly falling down her face. Jubes was reduced to silence in the back of the room.

Just to let the world know: When shit gets really bad.. then and only then does Jubilation Lee get reduced to silence.

It's been 2 months, 16 days and 8 hours since Kitty Pryde was attacked on a mission and taken from the X-men. It was supposed to be a simple mission, scoping out the facts of another experimental lab... but it got ugly.

Just thinking about how Kitty was attacked was enough to make Jubes start crying again. Trapping her in one of the 'special cells' and gassing her with some sort of neurotoxin until she was on the ground. Paralyzed. Unable to move. Unable to speak. Unable to breathe. Unable to get herself out of the situation until it was too late. Jubilee wiped the tears away as she started to listen to them fight and quarrel again.

"You all do not understand the kind of precautions I am attempting to make." Charles looked as though he had aged an extra 15 years. The lines in his face drastically deepened. The circles under his eyes have grown noticeably bigger. And he just looked so much more tired than he had several months ago. This man had the weight of the world on his shoulders. None of them knew how hard it was for him to know that one of his very own children, one of his favorite students, was being brutally experimented on and he didn't have the location of her whereabouts so he was useless in helping her.

"I say to hell with your precautions! We need to find her and get her the fuck out of there!" Bobby's voice trembled in rage and sorrow.

The professor sighed. He could feel their projected pain, anger, their deepening sadness. It tore a crack in his heart with every passing day. "Okay Bobby. Relax. I want all of you to take the research into your own hands. I want a list of ANY and EVERY experimental lab containing mutants. But I must stress that no matter how badly you would like to investigate on your own, to see if Kitty is there, that you must tell the team and we will come up with a game plan." His eyes darted to Logan. "That includes you."

Logan snorted and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'm serious Logan. And even more-so, I am serious about all of you doing your own mission. We have lost Kitty... I... I can't lose any of you too." His voice cracked a bit at the end of his directional speech. Moment of weakness. No one said a word about it. They all nodded in understanding.

"You are all dismissed." Charles turned his chair to face the window and look down at the grounds as he listened to them all exit. One projection being heard.

Thank you Professor.

You are welcome, Jubilation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been 8 months. 17 days. and 12 hours.

And I miss her so damn much.

You never know how much you truly adore someone until they are gone.

The things I miss most: are all the little things.

Being able to walk into a room and meet her eyes from far away. Being able to smell her scent. Hearing her heart beat quicken. See the way her mouth slowly curled from an apathetic shape to the biggest grin she could muster. Knowing I'd kill anyone who does her wrong.

I feel empty. The Wolverine inside howls in loneliness.

I had convinced myself that Chuck needed me more. That Marie would come back to me before too long. She knows where we are, she would come home and I would give her hell for making me worry for so long. A few days turned into a week. A week turned into a month. And as the months were passing by, after the 4 big labs that they had broken into and saved the mutants... I kept telling myself that I would leave after the next job. I had made the decision to leave in 2 days time when we found out kitty was taken. I was needed here. I am needed here.

But with every passing day, the beast within gets a little more restless. When Kitty is found... when she's found...

"That's when I leave."

Logan was sitting in his room, smoking a cigar and sippin' on a bottle of whiskey. His eyes focused outside the window, on the grounds of the institute.

He would never tell anyone how much it hurt that Marie left. He refused to even admit it to himself.
Chapter End Notes:
Please rate! And comment!