Author's Chapter Notes:
New chappie! I really hope you guys like this one... I worked really hard on it. And I know that there are going to be some people who don't like how I have this chapter turn out, but I hope with a few more chapters that you guys can forgive me! Enjoy!
After the lengthy night of erotic affection, Rogue fell into a deep sleep. Normally she was plagued by the horrors of Logan's past, or that of her own fears that clawed their way out of her subconscious. Tonight she was allowed to have peace in her head for the first time in well... years.

It was strange, Logan had been quiet for the last several hours of her night at the bar. When she had walked in, he had criticized her for dealing with her problems by getting drunk. She snapped and told him to 'shove his adamantium where the sun doesn't shine'. His silence continued for the rest of the night. He didn't even growl when Victor sat down next to her, when they started talking, or even when the bet was made. The Wolverine in her head didn't make a single peep when Victor made love to her. Perhaps he really was butthurt after shoving his claws somewhere...

He was still silent when she started to rouse from her slumber. Normally when she was awakening, the first thing he would say was, {Good Morning, Darlin'.} But this morning was different. There was nothing. Did she finally silence the Wolverine? If so, for how long? Was it a latent effect of taking the cure?

Normally she had a few people in her head, all talking at once, arguing with every little thought she had. No one would ever understand how emotionally draining it was to be mentally arguing with voices while trying to have a civilized conversation with the person in front of you. Or how irritating it was to have 4 people arguing about the best kinds of pizza toppings at 3:30 in the morning when you're sick with menstrual cramps while you're trying to sleep. Nothing was more irritating when you found out that all of them had known that you had an important test in 4 hours. When she got the cure, most of the voices faded. Only Wolverine, Magneto, Bobby, and Jubes remained. Within a few days Bobby and Magnus were gone.

"I think ya look hot chicka!" Rogue had worn a tight red dress with a skin colored body suit, matching red gloves and heels. Her hair up in a massive curly updo, her white streaks hung in lengthy strands on each side of her face. The make up was perfect. The dress was perfect. Everything was perfect... well...It was her 19th birthday and she was having a party at the mansion. Jubes left the room over an hour and a half ago. But when Rogue got out of the shower, she tripped and accidentally bumped into Jubes. It wasn't enough to knock her out, but it was enough to freak them both out a lot.

"Thanks Jubie. Couldn't have done it without ya." For several months, the Jubilee in her head gave her fashion tips and advice on men...but then even she started to fade. Now Wolverine was the only person that she had in her head. It was as if that is what was meant to be. Her and Logan. Forever.

Now that the cure was done and over with, Marie wondered if the Logan inside her head was gone from the moment that she had taken the cure or if she heard him in her head all on her own. In which case, was she not ready to let him go yet? Was her mind ready to be on its own again?

Victor shifted next to her. He must have sensed that she was awake. Their limbs were entwined, her head was resting on his chest. Marie's ear listened to his heartbeat quickened as he roused. She didn't have to open her eyes to know that he had opened his and was looking down at her.
"I know you're awake Darlin'."

She inhaled and exhaled deeply while she pointed her toes toward the wall across from the bed in a stretch. Her emerald eyes looked up at him lazily. "Good mornin' Sugah." The light seeping in from the blinds made her head hurt so she closed her eyes again and snuggled into his chest. "Ah wasn't expectin' ya t' stay the whole night."

A deep throaty laugh escaped him and the sound of it was amplified by her head being on his chest. "Neither was I." He shifted again- stretching out his arms, which extended over the entire bed, yet tried not to move as much to disturb the woman snuggled onto him. With two loud cracks of his neck on either side, Victor settled down again, wrapping his left arm around her and his right hand started to caress up and down the arm that she splayed over him. "But I decided to stay." To be perfectly honest, Victor couldn't bring himself to leave last night.

It has been about 6:30 in the morning, when he had finally let her fall asleep. It could have been easy just to roll her over, slip out of the bed, put his clothes on and leave...but he just could not bring himself to move her from him. There was something about this woman that he just couldn't get enough of. Yeah, he knew that the runt liked something about this girl and there was the wonderful thought of how taking this girl from him would drive Logan to near insanity. Yet, as she was sleeping, he began to watch her every breath she took. Victor had memorized every line and curve of her face and it was nothing short of truth; this girl was an angel, something too precious to give to anyone else. By the time he had finished thinking about all of the events of the night in great detail it had been nearly 9:15.

Throughout the years, Victor never had much luck with women. It was not a turn on to women that for a living he would go around ripping people to shreds. Being such a feral man, he had certain sexual needs that could not be satisfied by the occasional whore that lurked outside the bars late at night. So he would go out on his missions to villages, small towns, cities wherever he could and after he did his hits he'd find a decent lookin girl and take what he wanted. He had accepted that part of himself was a monster. He relished in it because facing the horrors that he had caused was just too painful. Life was so much easier to handle when you desensitize yourself to your own actions and continue to live day after day the same way. The only catch here is that Victor has a healing factor which means that unless something highly catastrophic to him happens, he's always going to live. He was fine with living each day knowing how many gallons of blood were on his hands from his past, and he strived to look for more blood to drench over his pain...Until something drastic happened and he decided to finally deal with the pain.

When he looked at Marie, sleeping soundly on his chest, there was no pain. Not a single reminder of all the hell he had created for people on this planet ran through his head as he held her while she slept. Could this mean that his bad luck with women has run out? That he really had changed since his bloody epiphany? Was this change permanent? Should he leave her alone before he realizes that he can no longer change the animal that lives inside him? Or is she the one thing that could really save him as a person?

Marie's breathing was totally relaxed as he continued to stroke her arm. "How are you feeling this morning Angel?" Victor nudged her head and sniffed her hair at the same time. The scent of their love making mixed with the faint smell of smoke, alcohol and her shampoo was enough to make him half stiff again.

"Ah'm okay Sugah. Ah think Ah might be a lil' sore.. but Ah can't feel no discomfort fer now."

"Oh you will be sore Angel, there is no doubt about that one." His hand slipped between her arm and his body to gently grope onto her left breast. She had amazing tits. They were so soft and they fit in his hands perfectly. Don't get him started on hos much he loved her rosy pink nipples and the soft pink color of her areolas.

It was obvious that she started to fake a stretch, removing her arm from his body to put in the air before laying on her back on the bed. "What exactly d' ya think ya doin' Victor?" Her voice was playful and had a sexual tone to it.

He was now sitting up and staring at the beautiful woman below him, continuously toying with her breasts. Before he spoke he dipped down and began his oral assault on her body. She moaned and arched into his hand and his mouth. "I'm tryin' to getcha hot enough for ya to beg to have me fuck you again." His voice was strong and serious.

"Ah will not beg!" She sounded deeply wounded.

"Sure you won't Angel. Sure you won't." Victor had an evil grin on his face.
__________________________________________________________________________

An hour later Rogue had finally gotten out of the bed, her body coated in beads of sweat..among other fluids. Silently she walked over to the bathroom and started the shower. She knew very well that Victor had watched her ass move as she walked. By now, she was not even the slightest bit embarrassed to be walking around naked with a man in the room. Well, maybe just Victor... if anyone else of the opposite sex walked in, she probably would have shrieked like a little girl and covered herself. The cool water smothered her skin. Marie closed her eyes and relished in the feeling of water rushing over her. Quickly she washed her hair, soaped down her body and rinsed. It was a 10 minute shower at most. She grabbed a towel as she stepped out and put her hair up in a twist with it, wondering if it was just a female's intuition to do that with towels or if we are all silently taught to put our hair up in American turbans. Another towel wrapped around her body and she opened the bathroom door and went straight for where her bag was sitting on the floor.

Victor had gotten comfortable in the bed, his right arm behind his head. He looked like he was either thinking about something pensively or that he was staring off into space. Marie hadn't bothered to be the one to break the silence, she just kept her head down--focusing at the task at hand; getting dressed and back on the road. She dropped her towels, her hair draping the front of her face as she bent down and put on a clean pair of blue panties. "Did you have a good time last night?" Vic's voice was quiet, but it sounded relaxed.

Marie almost jumped. Her thoughts had gone into lists of things that she needed to do before she left again. "Uh, Ya Sugah. Ah ain't had such a good time in a long while."

"Why does it have to end?" He spoke it quietly, as if to say it to himself.

She stopped, ran a hand through her damp hair. She never thought that Victor would even think of having any sort of relationship that surpassed a one night stand-let alone a long term one. Marie suddenly thought of what it would be like being with Victor. Would they be able to have anything more than going around to local bars, getting drunk and then coming home to a hotel room and fucking? Maybe she wouldn't know unless she gave him a chance...

He started laughing, a laugh that held a sort of bitter sadness to it. Before she had a chance to answer, he spoke in the same exasperated quiet tone,"Perhaps some things will stay impossible." He sat up in the bed. With such a sudden movement, the room seemed to become smaller. For a while she had forgotten what a behemoth of a man Victor really was. He threw back the bedsheets and stood naked and in all his glory. A lengthy stretch allowed Marie to remind herself of the many inches of his muscular body and exactly how they felt. "I'm going to take a shower." His footsteps toward the bathroom seemed to silently scream that he didn't expect her to still be there when he got out.
___________________________________________________________________________________

It was the longest 15 minutes of her life. Her head was spinning. Her hands were shaking. She had spent the last several years of her life pining away for one man. How could she possibly be thinking of being with another one who was just as feral and just as possessive as her heart-throb crush?

Her eyes looked over to the bed. The sheets were crumpled every which way. There was a pillow on the floor. And if you dared to even take a step closer to the bed, it reeked of sex. She gave her virginity to him. It was the one thing that she knew was going to make her into a completely different person. Or at least that was what she had thought when she was still a virgin. That someday when she found a way to touch people again she would find a great guy and they would have sex and suddenly everything in the world was going to be alright again. Once again, Marie's adolescent beliefs had given her hope for something that was entirely illogical. Sex doesn't change the world. Well... the sex last night was hot enough to almost melt her molecular structure down... but that was besides the point!

By now she had thrown her clothes on, brushed out her hair, put on a little eyeliner, packed her belongings back up, and was in the midst of pulling her boots. It hit her. She knew exactly what she was going to do. There was no point. It was the obvious answer. Marie had a classic symptomatic case of running from her problems.

Her mind was made up, she grabbed her duffel, checked to make sure she had the motel key in her back pocket, took one last look at the room and left to her truck.
__________________________________________________________________________________

After 15 minutes of kicking his ass mentally for letting something so significant slip out like that, Victor's mood was not a very good one. He never experienced being vulnerable to a woman before. It was in his nature to be defensive and to stonewall himself even from his own feelings. Yet for some reason, when it came to this girl... he felt like even if he did open up a little, he'd be okay.
This woman was so very different from the normal whores that he bedded. Was this a good thing?

He shut off the faucet and stepped out of the shower, dripping wet. Grabbing a towel, he wiped the water droplets off of his chest and arms, rubbed the towel over his head--which made his hair poof out in a messy manner--before he took the same towel and wrapped it around his waist. The door opened and steam escaped as he walked through. First thing he noticed was that all of her stuff was gone. Second thing he noticed: She too was gone. His stomach lurched and he felt the oh-so-familiar feeling of anger rise up.

The door of the motel room opened just as he bent down to grab his pants from the floor. A person was leaning against the door frame.
"Rogue?"

"Hey Sugah."

He stood up and looked down at her with confusion. "I thought you left?"

"Ah went t' pack up da truck." She smiled at him.

"Oh." The towel dropped and he stepped into his pants, quickly buttoning and zipping them in place. He picked up his shirt, grabbed his boots, and sat on the bed.

"Ya thought Ah'd leave withou'cha?"

Throwing his shirt over his head and pulling it down, he looked at her and smirked. "Somethin' like that." He started unlacing his boots.

She pushed herself off of the door frame and picked up his socks. Playfully she threw them at him and they landed in his lap. Rogue turned around to look at nothing in particular for a minute when she heard him stand, boots on and ready to go. His arms came around her, holding her gently.
"What's wrong Rogue?"

She laughed. "Nothing Sugah. 'Cept one thing."

"And what might that be?" His voice full of curiosity. He turned her around. Her big green eyes fixated on his amber ones.

"The name is Marie."

He wasn't expecting her to tell him her real name. That means that she trusted him to a certain degree. "Marie? hmm.. I like it." He grinned and gave her a soft kiss on the lips.

"Ready t' go Sugah?"

"Yeah."

"Just gotta turn in da key an' we can be on the road in no time." She wriggled out of his embrace and headed for the door.

"Where we goin'?"

She looked back at him, a wicked smile on her face. "Does it matter?"

He laughed and followed her, closing the door on the way out. It may have been just a motel door, but to Marie she felt like she was leaving a piece of herself there and moving on to bigger and better things. She was tired of running from everything. Now the best thing about it all, is that she is no longer doing it alone.

The worst thing about it all, was that Logan was still as silent as a grave.
Chapter End Notes:
Questions? Comments? COMMENTS!?? Gimme!?? *Pouts* Pweeze!