Author's Chapter Notes:
To Corinne's dismay, a small step closer to hotness.
Heat rose to her cheeks as he quickly turned around, finished the end of his beer and grabbed his coat. It wasn't her fault that she couldn't stop watching every single manly move that he made. Who the hell did people think she was? A nun. Not even close. Besides... after tonight that occupational option will be out of the question. A rush of warmth started in the pit of her stomach. Oh yes she was anxious. Anxious to see if he was going to keep his side of the bargain or ravage her and leave.

Leave. God fucking damnit to hell. She turned around and placed her pool stick on the table so that he wouldn't see her expression. If he was anything like Logan, she knew he was going to leave. Hell he was supposed to be more ruthless than Logan, so she was damn fucking sure that he was going to leave. At least with Logan, if she meant anything to him, he would stay until the following morning to tell her it was a mistake and that it would never happen again.

"You having second thoughts Sweetheart?" His voice was quiet, the words meant for her ears and her ears only.

Fuck heightened senses. The smell of concern probably flowed right off her body and into Victor's nose. Goody for her. Turning quickly she bumped into the brick wall that was Victor's chest. "Of course not Sugah... but a gal can't help but wondah if ya gunna keep ya end of the bargain..." Her words trailed off and she couldn't bring her eyes to look into his. She ended up staring at one of the buttons of his black trench coat at the center of his chest.

His right hand reached out and lifted her chin, forcing her to look at his face,the touch was gentle and it surprised the hell out of her. The pleading look in his eyes didn't put her at ease either. "I realize that you have absolutely no reason to trust me. I have done you wrong on several occasions...some of which could have cost you your life. But in spite of that, I want you to take a chance. Take a chance on me. I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to give you one hellova night. One hellova night for both of us." His tone elevated with emotion as he spoke softly. It sounded purely genuine. The look he was giving her from those bright amber eyes made it even more convincingly so.

Suspicious. That would be the only word to describe how Marie was feeling. How the hell can a man who is known for being the most brutal opponent to ever face, one who has slaughtered thousands of innocent people over the years--including children, one who everyone believed never had a merciful bone in his body ever want to make a sincere declaration to not hurt her? To make love to her no less? Not fucking. But to make gentle and passionate love to her for a night? Did she just step into the Twilight Zone when she walked through the door to this bar?

His hand gently went from her chin to her cheek. His thumb stroked her pink flesh in an adoring manor. The feeling of his lengthy nails caressed her face lightly only adding to the pleasure she was feeling. The reaction that her body has was unexpected. This was just stroking her face! It would have made her weak at the knees if she wasn't so determined to not make an ass of herself in front of Victor. Good God. What's going to happen to her when he starts stroking other parts of her body!!??? Then it hit her. He was like Logan. The only person on the planet who had more in common with the feral X-man that she did. The scenario dawns on her.

He has the healing factor. Can't die unless by a massively brutal and more or less painful death. Probably didn't have the perfect childhood. He was more than likely a loner, or at least anti-social teenager. She heard Logan call him a Sociopath on multiple occasions. Somewhere down the line he ended up in the hands of the military (knowledge that she acquired from reading a file on him at the mansion). Was trained to be a killing machine. Just like Wolverine. And as such he was known as an animal. 'The' Animal. Logan must have gotten tired of the life he was living and decided to change it, to control the beast within that tried desperately to claw it's way out at every given chance. What if Creed decided that he was finally tired of living as the animal? What if he just wanted to be a man and it took him a lot longer than Logan to realize it? Maybe he is just as misunderstood as Logan and yearning to be with someone who understands?


"Ah know ya ain't gunna hurt meh Sugah. Even if ya did... at this point, Ah really don't care."
She was serious. Dead serious. If she couldn't have a man who would take her to the peaks of ecstacy with a hint of danger... she would surely die. The risk is what she wanted. She wanted to know that a man that she gave herself to could hurt her but have the control to keep her safe... She wanted a man just like Logan. If she couldn't have him then she would settle with Creed. Sure, this was stupid, but she has lived a long life. At this point if she had to die... then it was her time. Acceptance does a lot to a person when you lose the one you really love.

His grin made her warm from the inside out. "Got someplace we can go Darlin'?"

"Mah hotel is just next door..." Her eyes sparkled with excitement as she found her hand surrounded gently by his huge palm. This really was going to be one hellova night.