Story Notes:
The song is 'Mama's Song' by Carrie Underwood.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Happy reading! =)
Mama you taught me to do the right things
So now you have to let your baby fly
You've given me everything that I will need
To make it through this crazy thing called life
And I know you watch me grow up and always want whats best for me
And I think I found the answer to your prayers

Dear Mama,

I’m writing to you to tell you that I’m getting married. My fiancé’s name is Logan. He’s the most amazing person. Daddy wouldn’t trust him, and you might not at first, but if you give him a chance… Logan’s a little rough around the edges and definitely a man’s man, but he treats me with the utmost respect. I put a picture of us in the envelope with this letter.

And he is good, so good
He treats your little girl like a real man should
He is good, so good, he makes promises he keeps
No he's never gonna leave
So don’t you worry about me
Don’t you worry about me

Like I said, he’s a little rough around the edges looking. Let me tell you something about him though Mama. Logan saved my life… twice. He promised me that he would protect me… and he’s kept that promise all the time that I’ve known him. I couldn’t have asked for a better friend and fiancé. He’s protective of me and I know he loves me. I can’t even describe how much we love each other.

Mama there’s no way you'll ever lose me
And giving me away is not goodbye
As you watch me walk down to my future,
I hope tears of joy are in your eyes

You and daddy are more than welcome to come to the wedding. The invitation is enclosed. You’ll love it here at the mansion. Yes, it’s for mutant, but don’t jump the gun. The place where I live is a school and it teaches mutants how to control their powers and Professor Xavier teaches us all about ethics. We’re the good guys. If daddy doesn’t want to come, that’s okay. I understand.

Cause he is good, so good
He treats your little girl like a real man should
He is good, so good, he makes promises he keeps
No he's never gonna leave
So don’t you worry about me
Don’t you worry about me

And when I watch my little baby grow
I'll only want what’s best for her
And I hope she'll find the answer to my prayers
And that she'll say

Logan and I are already talking about kids. If you knew Logan really well, you’d laugh when you saw him get excited over the idea of having kids. Most would think he’d never want any, but they’re wrong. God, mama, he’s such an amazing guy. This morning, I woke up to find fresh flowers lying on his pillow with a note under it. Don’t let him know I’m saying all this. No one ever sees this side of him except for me, and on occasion, a few others.

He is good, so good
He treats your little girl like a real man should
He is good, so good, he makes promises he keeps
No he's never gonna leave
So don’t you worry about me
Don’t you worry about me

So Mama, please come to the wedding. I’d be so happy if you did. I really want you to meet Logan and everyone else. You can stay here for a day or two if you want. We have a couple of open rooms. Tell daddy I love you both very much. I know I haven’t written before this, but I thought that maybe you wouldn’t care. You might not still, but I thought maybe I should tell you so you can be there for one of the happiest moments of my life.

Love your daughter,
Marie

Mama don’t you worry about me
Don’t you worry about me
Chapter End Notes:
Feel free to leave comments.