Author's Chapter Notes:
We get a bit more about the how and why and Marie gets a shock.
Marie woke in her own bed, dressed still, head to foot and Logan sat in her chair watching her wake up, he looked like he hadn’t slept at all but for him that was sometimes normal. She knew that sometimes his mind needed the time to work things out for itself and that that meant going into a kind of trance-state. His mind was active but his body would slow down, get the repairs done it needed to do, then when it was ready he’d be back in the room so to speak. When his eyes dropped to her own she knew he was with her again, his hands were folded over his stomach the knuckles touching. “I haven’t used these in nearly a year, didn’t remember I even had em.” Moving his hands apart the ‘tsing’ sound echoed through her room and the blades she’d seen in her dreams appeared again in reality. “See I know how I got these now and from who, I even know where. The thing I don’t know is how I forgot it all.” He pinned her with a stare as the early morning sunlight fell through her window. “Tell me about Xavier, what he is and what he does, the school, the people there, everything you can.” Marie nodded and stretched, only noticing now that her hands were bare and her gloves were nowhere to be seen.
“Where are my gloves?” Logan didn’t move but he did look through her and for one awful moment she let herself think the impossible, “I touched you didn’t I?” Logan shook his head slowly and moved to the edge of her chair so he was only inches away from her face.
“No, I touched ‘you’.”

Marie backed away into the wall, he’d touched her as she’d slept, on purpose, she wracked her brain for any new images, any new memories from him. But there weren’t any, nothing at all and that scared her even more than the knowledge of him touching her while she slept. Finally she got her throat in order, “Why?” Logan looked at her and what she saw wasn’t Logan, it was something else, something a lot darker and a lot more dangerous.
“Wanted to test a theory.”
“Did it work?”
“In some ways yes, in others no,” Marie waited for him to continue. “I’ve remembered more about you, even how you smelled the first time I saw you in the bar at Laughlin. The way your eyes never left me even when that idiot had the gun to my head, you wanted me.” It felt as if all the air had gone from the room, she was trying to breathe soup and the man across from her was blocking the only way out. “What you didn’t know, was that I wanted you as well. Man like me doesn’t come across something as pure as you and when he does he doesn’t let it go easily.” He leaned back giving her room to breathe, her skin already on fire from his earlier comments, “If you’d have been a normal hitcher we’d have been interrupted as I broke you in, mind you I doubt we’d even got that far without me jumpin on ya.”
This was not the Logan she knew, this was someone else, ‘something’ else entirely, he sounded more like Victor than Logan, more animal than man. Looking at him she could see the differences around his eyes, the way he held himself, the tension in him, the humming of his nerves as he tried to keep control of himself. “See Marie, I’m not the man you knew, not anymore. Somethin’s been moved, shifted, changed,” he tapped the side of his skull. “In here, there’s more than I used to know I know that but there’s other things that have been pushed aside, like you. As if someone just wanted me to remember the bad bits of my life, not someone like you, a piece of hope in the dark. Turning me into a monster, an animal, like Victor Creed. Thing is I think we both know who did it, all we don’t know is why. So tell me about him, everything you can, what you saw that made you leave again and why you didn’t tell me you were leavin’.”

Marie let the words sink in, it made a sick kind of sense to her really. If you made Logan into a weapon you’d want him harsher than he was, cut off from humanity and caring people. Treated like an animal by everyone else the only person who did treat him well would be the one person he would give his loyalty to.

Xavier.

And if there was one thing Logan was, it was loyal to a cause or person he believed in, he was being trained, mentally cowed and restrained by something Xavier had put in his head. Her touch had broken some of it but not all of it, as if the pain of her almost killing him had changed the way his brain rewired itself. Opening back up the areas Xavier had locked off. She turned to look out of the window and resolved to try and get the Logan she knew back, wiping a hand down her face she met his gaze head on. “I left this time because I saw Jean Summer’s being fucked by a student, a student who wasn’t only fifteen years younger than her but was also supposed to be my boyfriend.” She let that bombshell settled on Logan’s mind before adding, “The worst thing about it all was that Xavier was there in front of them watching them fuck, in fact I think he was the one controlling it. They were really going for it and Xavier was gasping along with them, getting a fuck via both of them. Pretty sick if you ask me, I didn’t hang around much longer and it kind of made the girls who turned up to be pregnant at the school look a whole lot different.”

Logan didn’t say anything to her he just looked at her, when he did speak the words almost made her want to run and hide. “Jean Summer’s, tall, red head, got a birthmark on her ass shaped like a cresent?”
“I wouldn’t know I’ve never seen it.” Her face was pale and her emotions were betraying her, sending out chemical signals a mile wide. Logan’s breathing sped up as he caught the change in scent.
“You hate her don’t you?” His eyes narrowed as Marie squirmed under his gaze, her skin beginning to flush with colour, and not with embarrassment.
“No I don’t ‘hate’ her. I dislike her intensely, but I don’t hate her!”
“Because she fucked your boyfriend before you did?” Now she was positively incandescent as she turned her pain fuelled tongue to Logan’s stupid words.
“NO! Because I can’t fuck period! Mrs ‘perfect’ Jean Summers can do anything and have anything she wants including you if she so wanted and if you know what she’s got on her ass you’ve probably had her already!” She was still steaming when Logan spoke again in the now stilted and crowded air of her bedroom.
“I’ve never fucked her.” Marie just looked at him, her stance all ‘don’t give me that you’ve seen her ass’. “Watched her fuck the cripple but never fucked her myself.” Marie just dropped her attitude and moved closer to him.
“You’ve seen her and Xavier?”
“Yeah, thought it was just a dream, a sex fantasy sort of, but not now. I think I was supposed to join em, but I didn’t I just turned around and walked out of there. Got on a bike and left, always made me wonder why I’d dream about a bike journey. Sex on a bike sure, but not just a journey.”

“What was the weather like Logan? In your dream?” Logan looked at her putting the clues together as much as she did.
“Winter, no snow though but the trees were bare, Thanksgiving I think or somewhere around there.” Marie put a hand to her mouth and a tear rolled down her face as she remembered the field trip she’d been forced on with Storm and Scott.
“They made me go away on a field trip, history immersion, we went to the Salem Village, spent a Thanksgiving the way the pioneers did.” Her eyes filled and Logan moved to hold her, his hands keeping away from her unprotected skin. He moved on her bed so he was behind her, her face resting in his chest and his arms around her, legs either side of hers. When he’d been holding her for a while Logan spoke again, this time in a whisper.
“That was the last memory I had I think, if I was there I was coming to see you, check you were okay. Not to fuck a slut and her master. You really think he’s been using the kids there?” Marie nodded into his chest, her tears drying on the worn flannel of his shirt, she looked at his face from where she was. He looked angry, not at her but at himself, that he’d left her there with no protection, with no way of contacting him. They’d been lied to and used and they probably weren’t the only ones.

Logan moved her a little and she felt the slight swelling under her hip move, he looked down at her, a warmth gathered in the hazel that she’d come to trust. “Can’t help that. Good lookin woman in my arms, smelling so good. I’m only human after all, besides it’s not as if you don’t want me is it?” Stunned Marie held her tongue as Logan’s hands wandered over her clothed body, feeling her curves that had developed since he’d left her at Xavier’s. He was sliding his hand toward her ass when a shout came from below, “Marie honey, we need to get on with the baking today if we’re going to make the church social tomorrow. You up yet honey?” Logan released her from his grip and she saw his erection held down by the thin veneer of denim and the sudden urge she had to touch him through it. She shouted back through the closed door, “Sure, be down in a few minutes.” She looked back at Logan who was shifting off her bed and moving out of her world, before he left she grabbed his covered arm making him look at her again.
“We can’t….I’d hurt you again.”
He just smiled at her and whispered in her ear, “I had a way thought out when you were in the cab Marie, don’t think I’ve been slow since then.” He growled in her ear making her entire body shudder as it passed over her, smiling he left her to get on with his own work. Knowing that by the evening she’d be expecting him one way or another.
Chapter End Notes:
Again comments welcome and please feel free to tell me where you'd like this to go...